Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
We can just run Eller and Hayes down the middle. One might suck and injuries will happen.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
O’Connor - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell
McGroarty - Eller - Beauvillier
Lizotte - Hayes - Glass
Poulin, Puljujarvi, Puustinen, Acciari

This is how I see the forwards. And waiving Acciari & Puljujarvi is a no brainer.

Glass was a healthy scratch for like half of last season so I don’t necessarily think he has a guaranteed spot either.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I think the people saying waive him or salary dump him are underrating him.

Eller is 35. He is fine but he will drop off sooner than later. I would rather move him first. Eller at 4th line center isnt putting up 31 points again. Move him and let Poulin or Lizotte play there.

I want this team to get younger and have some unexpected results. I will take the good with the bad from a young player just to see something different for once.

O’Connor - Crosby - Rust
McGroarty - Hayes - Puustinen
Beauvillier - Lizotte - Glass
Poulin, Puljujarvi

Puustinen should not be in the press for eller. Thats why i want Eller gone. We have enough 30+ year old centers and he is the only one with value.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
O’Connor - Crosby - Rust
McGroarty - Eller - Beauvillier
Lizotte - Hayes - Glass
Poulin, Puljujarvi, Puustinen, Acciari

This is how I see the forwards. And waiving Acciari & Puljujarvi is a no brainer.

Glass was a healthy scratch for like half of last season so I don’t necessarily think he has a guaranteed spot either.

I understand Cody Glass was a healthy scratch for a lot of games last year, but he was also injured too.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Dailyfaceoff Pittsburgh has the Pens lineup as such...

Rakell, Crosby, Rust
Bunting, Malkin, McGroarty
O'Connor, Hayes, Glass
Lizotte, Eller, Accairi

Petts, Karlsson
Graves, Letang
Grzelcyk, Aho

Jarry, Ned

Everyone keeps wanting to put Hayes at 4C and I don't see that happening. Rakell is a much better option at LW on Sids line.

Reactions: Andy99 and Ulf5

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017

Rakell, Crosby, Rust
O'Connor, Hayes, Glass
Lizotte, Eller, Accairi

Petts, Karlsson
Graves, Letang
Grzelcyk, Aho

Jarry, Ned

Everyone keeps wanting to put Hayes at 4C and I don't see that happening. Rakell is a much better option at LW on Sids line.
Personally I liked what I saw of Rakell on Sid's LW. But forecasting line combos is a waste of time. Sully gonna do stupid shit.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Rakell, Crosby, Rust
O'Connor, Hayes, Glass
Lizotte, Eller, Accairi

Petts, Karlsson
Graves, Letang
Grzelcyk, Aho

Jarry, Ned

Would rather have Puustinen in for Glass or Acciari but Sullivan won’t because he doesn’t PK lol

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Simply based on their last season Eller is probably the better player over Hayes.

Hayes kinda needs to play with some wingers with speed too which might force him into a certain spot, even if he's maybe good enough for 3C.

And I'd say Beauvillier is ahead of Glass on the depth chart and probably Acciari as well.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

Rakell, Crosby, Rust
O'Connor, Hayes, Glass
Lizotte, Eller, Accairi

Petts, Karlsson
Graves, Letang
Grzelcyk, Aho

Jarry, Ned

Looking forward to seeing Sully play rookie who hasn’t paid his dues on L2 over less talented tweener grinders.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Yes, Broz is their fourth best prospect and yet Poulin is beating him in our poll lol…people here just don’t know about him…he’s a Howe level prospect who’s close to NHL ready…it took him some time but so what. Pronman has him over Pono…

Guy has McGroarty as 2nd and doesn't have Blomqvist in the top 5.

Pensboard is not perfect but I take his rankings with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Glad to see we signed Murashov.

How long do we retain Ilyin rights? According to the info I've viewed there's no definitive date. Anybody have insight? Been out of the loop.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Glad to see we signed Murashov.

How long do we retain Ilyin rights? According to the info I've viewed there's no definitive date. Anybody have insight? Been out of the loop.

Usually it’s until they are like 27.

Why that long, cause there's some agreement with the KHL?

Looks like we have 4 years after the draft.

I think Russian/KHL/VHL/MHL players are indefinite:

CapFriendly had the same thing.

Yeah, depends on the league:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad