Post-Game Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers - October 17, 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah he fell apart from overuse.

My point is the cap hit is overstated.

He fell apart from overuse? But he himself said he didn’t like having lots of time off. The fanboys blame both overuse and time off for his issues. The f***, man? Do we need to come up with some perfect number for him and make sure to absolutely nail it?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Was that Hank's best game ever? Eh, probably not one he tells his grandkids about.

But on that tying goal? Can't really blame him. Goaltending is about seeing and reacting. If you get beat from behind, you never saw it and you can't react.

It's a fluke that stays out 99 times out of 100.

It was a mixture of a technical error, and puck luck in Crosby's favor.

He was in RVH, and while getting back to his feet, Crosby fired it on goal while Hank was in transition and the puck found a way to bounce off of his stick and in. If he stays in the RVH, and hugs the post, the puck can't go anywhere.

Hard for him to read the future obviously, but when he watches it on tape, he will see exactly how it unfolded. Unfortunate all around.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
He fell apart from overuse? But he himself said he didn’t like having lots of time off. The fanboys blame both overuse and time off for his issues. The ****, man? Do we need to come up with some perfect number for him and make sure to absolutely nail it?

Yes! They overused him to drag this team for 10 years, and they've f***ed up during the transition from Slava Voynov snake biting Rickie.

Again, I was talking about the" dreaded cap hit" that gets churned up.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It was a mixture of a technical error, and puck luck in Crosby's favor.

He was in RVH, and while getting back to his feet, Crosby fired it on goal while Hank was in transition and the puck found a way to bounce off of his stick and in. If he stays in the RVH, and hugs the post, the puck can't go anywhere.

Hard for him to read the future obviously, but when he watches it on tape, he will see exactly how it unfolded. Unfortunate all around.

Unfortunate is the right word.

We should have won and lost on a lucky goal. There's no reason to point someone out to blame.

And I love blaming people so if I'm saying this, it's probably true!

Reactions: Name Nameless

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yes, the overused him to drag this team for 10 years, and they've ****ed up during the transition from Slava Voynov snake biting Rickie.

Again, I was talking about the" dreaded cap hit" that gets churned up.

Yeah, but the cap hit is still awful. It’s now 11% for a league average player. That’s not anything good and it’s going to get worse.

Reactions: NCRanger

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
October of 2015 where we were 30th in scoring chances differential 11 games in by like 60 scoring chances was worse.

But Hank had the month of his life and we won most of those.
I mean I guess if u ignore the W-L-T column. Aren’t those stats too? I mean I get the advanced stat thing and I get u love it and how they can be very useful tools but the column that really counts shows that THIS is as bad as they’ve been since well before I was born and I’ve watched them be very VERY shitty at times in my 44 years

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean I guess if u ignore the W-L-T column. Aren’t those stats too? I mean I get the advanced stat thing and I get u love it and how they can be very useful tools but the column that really counts shows that THIS is as bad as they’ve been since well before I was born and I’ve watched them be very VERY ****ty at times in my 44 years

The W-L-T column is a bunch of bullshit over small samples.

Not that we don't deserve a poor record, but we absolutely deserved a win tonight.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Don't think its overuse as much as it is just natural aging.

It's both. I think he would of had a longer elite window if he didn't need to drag these numb nuts so much for so long.

Hey. I openly admitted that although I would have hated to have seen him leave, he should have checked his ego and walked. It was the first thing I said to my brother when the signing news broke.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well I for one certainly wish our record was the same right now as it was 365 days ago.

I hear you. I really do.

But sometimes you have to let the results go and build on how you played. It's a long season.

If I'm coaching this team right now, I say "heads up boys, we'll get em next time" and I don't make any adjustments for Thursday.

Reactions: Name Nameless

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Yeah, but the cap hit is still awful. It’s now 11% for a league average player. That’s not anything good and it’s going to get worse.

Because the context of the signing still fits. In fact, his cap hit probably avoids the Rangers over paying for the next piece of shit that is avaiable.

The King is here at a decreasing cap hit per year until the Russian kid is ready. They just need to transition well now and not add more shit.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
The Good: That 2nd period, some of those PP's. That Hank save on Crosby early. Getting a high pick and a reason to get a coach who isn't a moron
The Bad: ADA's turnovers. Buch disappearing, Kreider's first penalty
The Redden....scratch that...the Vigneault: Everything else Kreider did, Hank. AV. That 5 on 3. Thaat i wasted time watching this even though it was just on DVR and I skipped about 30 minutes of gameplay

Last edited:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Scores a goal, draws a few penalties = benched. AV's been doing this for a year now. He's criminally underutilizing Buchnevich. I feel horrible for the kid. His confidence must be shattered because of AV's misusage.

I like to pretend it's something arbitrary like AV telling him to stop using the doors to enter the bench but he doesn't understand AV's accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad