Proposal: Pitt - LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
It has been rumored that the kings want another top 6 winger. Zucker is a LW that looks like would be a fit. He plays a 200 ft game that can chip in offensively. He has a 30 goal season under his belt. He fits well with Crosby but they won’t pull Guentzel away from him. No chemistry with Malkin and paid too high to play 3rd line

to Pitt: 2022 2nd
To LA: Zucker

If you retain $1.5 million for each of those remaining 2 years, you've got a deal!!!

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
What King fans think of another trade proposal on HFBOARDS.:laugh:
Next!!!
85Er8M.gif

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If you retain $1.5 million for each of those remaining 2 years, you've got a deal!!!

I don't think that really helps LA. If anything, I'd do like a fourth or fifth next year for Zucker without any retention. Expensive wingers are at an all time low in terms of value, and if Zucker's been slumping with Pittsburgh, imagine how bad he'll be in LA.

The biggest reason I don't want Zucker on the Kings though is that he's from Newport Beach If I have to hear that another player is from [insert Southern California city] I'm gonna lose it. Trevor Moore from Thousand Oaks! Matt Nieto from Long Beach! Beau Bennett from Gardena!

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I don't think that really helps LA. If anything, I'd do like a fourth or fifth next year for Zucker without any retention. Expensive wingers are at an all time low in terms of value, and if Zucker's been slumping with Pittsburgh, imagine how bad he'll be in LA.

The biggest reason I don't want Zucker on the Kings though is that he's from Newport Beach If I have to hear that another player is from [insert Southern California city] I'm gonna lose it. Trevor Moore from Thousand Oaks! Matt Nieto from Long Beach! Beau Bennett from Gardena!
It can never be mentioned enough that Matt Nieto is from the LBC

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

And what do we try to archive here?
This guy struggles to score goals playing beside a generational talent like Malkin and Crosby.
Here in L.A. he would score like 12 goals if lucky and he will be 30 years old.
There is absolutely no reason to trade for this guy.
If any, Pittsburgh has to ad the 2nd rounder while we give up a 4th or 5th

Reactions: deaderhead28

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The McCann extension signed today reminded me of this thread and Zucker's $6,250,000 salary this season. Pens homers were out in full force attacking me when I suggested the Pens would have to add a sweetener to move that contract. How's that deal looking now?

Reactions: kinghock

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
LA isn't looking for a Zucker-caliber player, especially at his current cap hit. So we won't pay much for such a player. Another team may pay for him but not LA.

If we pay for a winger, we're looking for someone who is much more able to drive the play and is probably a few years younger. For example, if the price was right, Filip Forsberg from Nashville is closer to the mark. (I doubt the price would be right for LA from Nashville but that's more like the caliber, type and age of winger we're talking about.) Or we just stand pat and continue developing our youngsters like Kaliyev, Fagemo, Vilardi, etc. at wing.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The McCann extension signed today reminded me of this thread and Zucker's $6,250,000 salary this season. Pens homers were out in full force attacking me when I suggested the Pens would have to add a sweetener to move that contract. How's that deal looking now?

Looks fine for me. He's been a 20 goal and 20 assist player since coming over to the Penguins with little top power play time.

Probably slightly overpaid, but with what Schwartz got this summer, I could honestly see him having value given only one year left on the deal.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Why the hell would we trade for a winger who can't produce playing with Malkin?

Beside that, the Kings are looking a for a pure goal scoring winger, we already have a bunch of 100ft work horses

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I never commented on the original proposal, I'm saying that the idea that Zucker has negative value or Zucker is comparable to Ladd is stupid.

Zucker's value is low, it's probably like a 3rd or 4th right now if the Penguins aren't taking back any money. I'm arguing against the asinine claim that he somehow has negative value.
To alot of teams he absolutely has negative value. This is important because some of those teams may be potential trade partners. At this time his value with no retention is a B prospect, a low 3rd early 4th....and thats only to a team desperate and with cap space

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Zucker has had rotten luck this season; he's shooting at barely half his career average, and has been kept out of the lineup by injuries. I think that if he can get healthy, he has a lot to contribute on line 2 or 3 for the Pens. I don't expect that he'll have negative value around the league next year.

Black N Gold

Feb 4, 2022
It has been rumored that the kings want another top 6 winger. Zucker is a LW that looks like would be a fit. He plays a 200 ft game that can chip in offensively. He has a 30 goal season under his belt. He fits well with Crosby but they won’t pull Guentzel away from him. No chemistry with Malkin and paid too high to play 3rd line

to Pitt: 2022 2nd
To LA: Zucker
I agree Zucker would be a good fit in LA. He is fast, skilled, and fits the Kings style of play. Like you said he can't crack the top two lines in Pittsburgh but this guy has scored 20 goals 5 times. His salary is only this year and next. He is coming off core abdominal muscle surgery but he is skating again and is close. I'm not sure of the Kings cap space but I like Zucker hard worker.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Black N Gold

Feb 4, 2022
Is zucker healthy and injury free these days, haven’t hear much about him in awhile
He is skating again he is coming off core muscle surgery he is close....I like this proposal even if we retain like $1.5 million

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'd rather keep Zucker for the extra year as a wing than get a pick and have to retain. Especially in the face of potentially losing Byran Rust.

If we sign Rust and need the space, sure. As of now, no. I mean, we can bring salary back to an extent but realistically, we need to get other things figured out first before biting any bullets with Zucker. If a team wants him, they can take him with full salary. I'd say a 3rd does it.

Reactions: Giskard and orby

Black N Gold

Feb 4, 2022
Why the hell would we trade for a winger who can't produce playing with Malkin?

Beside that, the Kings are looking a for a pure goal scoring winger, we already have a bunch of 100ft work horses
Look the Penguins are my favorite team but the Kings are my second. Zucker if healthy can help the Kings. He is fast, quick, and skilled which the kings need on their second and third lines. Playing with Malkin is a nightmare his game is east west and all over the place. The only two in recent memory that were decent with Malkin James Neal and Phil Kessel. Zucker has scored 20 goals 5 times in this league and he has just had 0 luck and some injuries in Pittsburgh....he hasn't been awful a change of scenery

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
The Penguins should be the ones including a second round pick for the Kings to take Zucker, who is owed over $11M in the last two years of his contract.

Zucker's contract is up in after the 2022-2023 season. I'm pretty sure NHL players get paid regularly throughout the regular season. There isn't a brinks truck that backs up to their door the last day of the season and dumps their whole season salary for the year. There is 53 days left in the season. So doing some rough math, Zucker's owned about $1.6M in salary for this season and $6.8M total in his current contract cycle.

I doubt that the Pens will look to move Zucker in this season. Off season, yeah they may be looking to part ways. Retention for one year may be doable.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Uh, why exactly is this thread being bumped? Zucker is hurt right now and I'm pretty sure every Penguins fan on here wants to keep him through the season. He'll have to go in the off-season if they want to re-sign Rust, but they're not looking to move him right now.

Zucker hasn't been notably good or bad this year, he's just hurt. Better than last year I'd say, but with worse shooting luck overall.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Uh, why exactly is this thread being bumped? Zucker is hurt right now and I'm pretty sure every Penguins fan on here wants to keep him through the season. He'll have to go in the off-season if they want to re-sign Rust, but they're not looking to move him right now.

Zucker hasn't been notably good or bad this year, he's just hurt. Better than last year I'd say, but with worse shooting luck overall.

We could always bump this thread with Kings fans and their hilarious takes about Guentzel.
Value of: - Jake Guentzel

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh

Uh oh. Somebody got their feelings hurt didnt they

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad