Confirmed Trade: [PIT/WPG] Rutger McGroarty for Brayden Yager

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
I have no issues with a player not wanting to play with a team. The thing that steams me is why and out out lie about being a lifelong fan of a team? Jets was supposed to be his dream destination . And yet that's proven false. At least either be truthful about your wishes and desires or be silent and keep it behind doors like Evander Kane did.
It seems illogical to assume he was lying about being a Jets fan as a kid, just because he decided he didn’t want to play for the Jets as an adult.

Wouldn’t you agree that the things a person values as an 8 year old fan (e.g. team name, jersey, favorite players) might be expected to be very different than what they value as a 21 year old prospective employee?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Pittsburgh seems to have the early edge in this trade because Mcgroarty is closer to being NHL ready.

But I do wonder if he didn't want to be in Winnipeg how happy is going to be in Pittsburgh in a couple years when Crosby, Malkin, and Letang are gone and the Pens go back to being the 2004 Pens?

Not in terms of being on the verge of leaving that probably won't happen again but the on ice product could be that bad.

Reactions: larmex99 and hn777

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
It seems illogical to assume he was lying about being a Jets fan as a kid, just because he decided he didn’t want to play for the Jets as an adult.

Wouldn’t you agree that the things a person values as an 8 year old fan (e.g. team name, jersey, favorite players) might be expected to be very different than what they value as a 21 year old prospective employee?

His mindset about loving the team and Franchise carried over beyond "being a kid" into adulthood, post draft and even 1st year at development camp in 2022. it's not just that one comment he made. Watch this youtube clip from the 1 hour 6 minutes to around 1 hour and 13 minutes mark. Tell me what you think. Especially the part about Jets being exceptional with McGroarty and his mother going above and beyond with ownership visiting him at the hospital when he got injured. This gives a much more contextual perspective on his recent overall demeanor and behavior (as an adult) in and around the Team, media and fans.

Last edited:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I did like the pick but I'm sorry but Evander Kane thinks McGroarty is a flake. I know he was coming of an injury at the world juniors but not impressed. Basically another roslovic at that age playing with elite 1st liners with zero impact on his own. Taunting and laughing at fans like a 5 yr old is so bush league especially after you just injured someone even if it was a clean hit. Hope he tries that in the nhl. From what I seen he's a middle 6 player at best in the nhl. Nothing wrong with that either but I can't see him playing full time in the nhl this year.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
There's a CBA for a reason. Part of it exists to protect weak markets like Pittsburgh and Winnipeg. This is not supposed to be like your local grocery store job where you can walk down the street to the other store because you feel like it. There's also a salary cap but at this point, not sure why.
Not sure why, were you not around for the cap, it was stated as nauseum at the time, it was for cost certainty for teams.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
His mindset about loving the team and Franchise carried over beyond "being a kid" into adulthood, post draft and even 1st year at development camp in 2022. it's not just that one comment he made. Watch this youtube clip from the 1 hour 6 minutes to around 1 hour and 13 minutes mark. Tell me what you think. Especially the part about Jets being exceptional with McGroarty and his mother going above and beyond with ownership visiting him at the hospital when he got injured. This gives a much more contextual perspective on his recent overall demeanor and behavior (as an adult) in and around the Team, media and fans.

It's not like Winnipeg has some sparkling record with handling youth correctly.

He easily could be stoked on the situation and then lose interest as the development coaches began to speak to him about the plan in Winnipeg.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

He easily could be stoked on the situation and then lose interest as the development coaches began to speak to him about the plan in Winnipeg.
His agent and McGroarty made it clear to Chevy it was NOT about development. In fact not sure you saw the video I posted , but McGroarty went out of his way to praise the Jets on how they approached his development. So either development wasn't an issue ( despite all the speculation it was) or they deliberately hid this from the team. Which is not the way to go because how are the Jets expected to get better at development if there not even getting constructive feedback?

Last edited:

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
McGroarty is from Lincoln Nebraska. How the city life there I wonder compared to Saskatoon or Winnipeg.

Someone has clearly never been to Lincoln, Nebraska in the summertime

download (4).jpg

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
His agent and McGroarty made it clear to Chevy it was NOT about development. In fact not sure you saw the video I posted , but McGroarty went out of his way to praise the Jets on how they approached his development. So either development wasn't an issue ( despite all the speculation it was) or they deliberately hid this from the team. Which is not the way to go because how are the Jets expected to get better at development if there not even getting constructive feedback?

McGroarty didn't care about the Jets. He cared about being in a situation where he felt comfortable.

Why should he have to be comfortable in Winnipeg if he doesn't? And if he tried to do the right thing and make it right while he was working through it, why is this an issue?

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

It's not just this. Watch this youtube video below from 1 hour 6 minute mark to 1 hour 12 minute mark. Tell me what you think..
Heck anyone tell me what you think.

Did McGroarty and or, his agent and family all acted in dinner theater or something? Did they collectively colllude to put on a show for the media and fans? A Campaign of Deception?

Yeah something a lot of players say to hype up fans, if you lot did any research you'd find interviews where he says he's also a Leafs fan. Who cares.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
didn’t find any

“I feel like I could definitely add that leadership ability,” McGroarty explained. “I could come in and bring that compete and energy. Being a kid that’s always been a Toronto fan, I’ve always been a big fan of them. And I got a lot of friends up there so I feel like I’d be comfortable in the Toronto area.”

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
didn’t find any
You should hold a grudge forever, be seething, it should be your life's mission he never forgets when the Pens play the Jets a couple of times a year.

“I feel like I could definitely add that leadership ability,” McGroarty explained. “I could come in and bring that compete and energy. Being a kid that’s always been a Toronto fan, I’ve always been a big fan of them. And I got a lot of friends up there so I feel like I’d be comfortable in the Toronto area.”
How dare you come in here with facts and not a hype video a player that was drafted by a team and getting that team excited posted.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You should hold a grudge forever, be seething, it should be your life's mission he never forgets when the Pens play the Jets a couple of times a year.

How dare you come in here with facts and not a hype video a player that was drafted by a team and getting that team excited posted.
Lmao, did someone take your puppy.
I don’t care for any of those teams, hopefully your puppy shows up.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021

Then don’t walk around gushing to the media like you were meant for this organization and carry on a complete facade for almost a year. If anything changed a development camp in July 2023 then it should have been brought to the organization’s attention then.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
And yet you seem quite invested in pointing out something about a player that isn't on a team you cheer for. Odd.
welcome to HFB, where posters venture out of their forums.
crying and whining over someone saying google came up blank for me, is hilarious. 😂 .
I’d hate to see if someone actually did take your puppy.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Then don’t walk around gushing to the media like you were meant for this organization and carry on a complete facade for almost a year. If anything changed a development camp in July 2023 then it should have been brought to the organization’s attention then.

They brought it to the organization’s attention. They said I felt weird and want out.

Same thing anyone would do if they started a job and it wasn’t a fit and they could find a new job.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Many players do this, it's nothing new and maybe up until he decided he didn't want to sign, something happened. Just because you don't know and what a GM that I would never trust that is a part of that Hawks scandal telling you what he says is truth is definitely a way to go here. There was something that clearly happened and he didn't seem like he wanted to be there anymore.

You don't find it odd that a bloke that was so happy to be the future of that team, calling prospects on his own behalf to welcome them and was just generally a very positive lad about playing for a team and suddeny he decided he didn't want to? I'd be asking what the team did, not the player.

Funny how the focus is on the wrong part here.
welcome to HFB, where posters venture out of their forums.
crying and whining over someone saying google came up blank for me, is hilarious. 😂 .
I’d hate to see if someone actually did take your puppy.
Notice how not a single Penguins fan gives a shit what his favourite team is or was or will be? Lol, back peddling now huh.

McGroarty is from Lincoln Nebraska. How the city life there I wonder compared to Saskatoon or Winnipeg.
And yet he spent most of his time in Michigan for his hockey or elsewhere, likely only going back for family visit. You think most of these blokes still live in those towns? Weird. Also, I get it, very few blokes are every excited to even visit Winnipeg let alone wanting to play there, I'd be mad too that one was super pumped and then didn't want to anymore.

Also, his family moved to Michigan a while back. Just because he's from Nebraska doesn't mean his family is still living there.

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It doesn't make much sense from Pittsburgh's perspective.

Anyway what an insane August! I'm shocked that it has not happen more often. Cause logically there's deals that can be made when after the crazyness has ended.

Reactions: Heldig

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
It doesn't make much sense from Pittsburgh's perspective.

Anyway what an insane August! I'm shocked that it has not happen more often. Cause logically there's deals that can be made when after the crazyness has ended.
They traded Jake, a left winger, and didn't have anyone else in the system ready or even close and Koivunen and Lucius (RW) can both play C, so they deemed the chance to get a player closer to being ready and still very young that can potentially slot into the top 6 now as a can't miss opportunity.

The left side is basically Bunting and O'Connor with hope that Beauvillier can rebound and then Acciari...so yeah, it seems Sullivan does not want to give Poulin any shot either outside of 4th line or limited 3rd line opportunities and even then he has him playing C at times which is just idiotic but on brand for a dipshit like Mike Sullivan.

Very rarely do you see a deal where both teams end up with something good and of pretty equal value.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad