Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Jeff Carter signs extension (2 years, $3.125M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Switzerland had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Reactions: Devonator

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
13reasons-why-hannah.gif

Very happy with this contract. Hes been solid since being traded to the Pens.
Same. He’s been everything we could ask for and more. I couldn’t pass up the chance to use that toothless pic and quote lol.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
What, did the Switzerland rumor increase the Penguins offer from $2.5 million to $3 million?

I sincerely doubt that. Carter was one of Hextall's big acquisitions and I sincerely doubt he'd try to lowball him to the point of Carter's camp leaking that.

You're assuming that Carter's camp needed to be lowballed to leak that. Arizona seemingly leaked that they've received their asking price for Chychrun in order to try to get even better offers. I wouldn't put it past a player agent to leak a rumor to try to get a better offer for his client. It doesn't mean that Hextall lowballed Carter. Hextall may've offered $3M and Carter's camp wanted a little more. Hextall may've offered $3.125M and Carter's camp wanted a no movement clause. Hextall may've offered $3.125M and a NMC for one year and Carter's camp wanted two years. Hextall may've even offered exactly what the deal was and Carter's camp wanted more and failed. We don't know. It's fair to ask why Carter's camp would resort to such tactics if the offer was close to what they wanted, but you never know with agents and it's also fair to ask where the rumor came from. It doesn't make much sense for someone to simply make up such a rather specific rumor to such a puzzling destination in what we now know was the middle of extension talks.

Last edited:

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Yay.

Seems fair. He has been very good for us and seems to be enjoying himself. It might not be a massive vet chasing cup discount a'la Perry, but then JC has cups already and has been producing at a different level. Seems like a good deal for both sides.

Now just hope Geno and Letang will look at that app. 40% salary reduction and feel the good family vibes. Well, Letang won't accept that, but Geno at... 5.71... for three more years would make things a lot easier going forward.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He's getting older, but this seems like a bargain of a deal for what he still brings to the table. And 2 years isn't exactly the most huge risk of him falling off a cliff.

Obviously he likes playing there, in that role. Which is fair. It's a win-win for player and team i guess.

Reactions: Dominance

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Pending UFAs don’t need to manufacture fake rumors of a desire to travel the Alps to get their offers up. Just the possibility of hitting the open market or even retiring if the dollar figure isn’t what you have in mind is plenty of leverage. The highest paid players in the Swiss league make about the NHL minimum. And the whole “point” of the Swiss league BS was that he supposedly wasn’t in it for money lol

Everyone is losing their heads. It wasn’t real. It made no sense and had no precedent. Guy probably just confused Carter with some other player.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Pending UFAs don’t need to manufacture fake rumors of a desire to travel the Alps to get their offers up. Just the possibility of hitting the open market or even retiring if the dollar figure isn’t what you have in mind is plenty of leverage. The highest paid players in the Swiss league make about the NHL minimum. And the whole “point” of the Swiss league BS was that he supposedly wasn’t in it for money lol

Everyone is losing their heads. It wasn’t real. It made no sense and had no precedent. Guy probably just confused Carter with some other player.

Exactly, there are so many other ways to go about asking for more money without bringing a random Swiss team into it.

He could just say "I want to test the market".

This isn't a commentary on the legitimacy of the source either, no one is infallible no matter how good they are.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
The guy who broke the news appologized on twitter today for the false information. Apparently he was informed by someone that they konw a teacher who left for the US to teach Carter's kids German to prepare them for the upcoming move. Seems to have been a bad source, happens and we can now move on.

Reactions: Peat

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
The guy who broke the news appologized on twitter today for the false information. Apparently he was informed by someone that they konw a teacher who left for the US to teach Carter's kids German to prepare them for the upcoming move. Seems to have been a bad source, happens and we can now move on.

Roost is usually not in the rumors business, he probably was just happy to announce such a big transfer for our league and didn't double check or wait long enough.

It was a rumor after all, nothing more.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Roost is usually not in the rumors business, he probably was just happy to announce such a big transfer for our league and didn't double check or wait long enough.

It was a rumor after all, nothing more.
Absolutely, I also doubt that he thought it would be discussed outside of our Swiss hockey world.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Carter has been great for the Pens. Honestly, he's my favorite third line center they've had since Staal. I hope he continues to be so effective and fun to watch for the next two seasons.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad