Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Jeff Carter signs extension (2 years, $3.125M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
Havent seen this in the news release, but both Bob and Pierre LeBrun say that contract has full no move clause for both seasons.

Reactions: theicebox

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
plays well enough now, with his size and shot, that even if he totally falls off he can still be serviceable and not a total bag of bones

then again, james neal

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
upload_2022-1-26_17-45-48.jpeg

“That’s where the trouble began. That smile. That damn smile”

Reactions: JKG33 and RSPens

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Pens like centers and he fits a need as a bigger RH center who can play down low as well and his skating is still good. With TB and Carter losts of flexibility and depth. Now sign Geno for 9aav for 3years and Letang for 7aav as well and you have depth and keep the gang going for the home stretch.
Reverse who gets what and reduce both amounts by $1M.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I predicted $4m x 2y if he wanted to stay.
Good for the Pens that he took a real discount.
Seems like he can play anywhere in the middle 6, on both special teams, and is a RHS ace in dot.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I would love to see us bring in a good young dynamic 3C and stick Carter at wing.
Those aren't exactly just brought-in.
Looks to me like Carter is their short-term plan at 3C (Rodrigues should be expected to walk).
Which cost-controlled, line-driving 3C do you think is available?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I don't really get what's so amusing here. The Switzerland rumor was seemingly legit. It's unlikely a coincidence that it came out only 10 days before today's signing. The two sides were probably talking extension since at least Christmas and Carter's agent must've decided that a threat of signing in Europe would squeeze a little more out of the Pens. They reached a deal 10 days later, so maybe it worked.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't really get what's so amusing here. The Switzerland rumor was seemingly legit. It's unlikely a coincidence that it came out only 10 days before today's signing. The two sides were probably talking extension since at least Christmas and Carter's agent must've decided that a threat of signing in Europe would squeeze a little more out of the Pens. They reached a deal 10 days later, so maybe it worked.

What, did the Switzerland rumor increase the Penguins offer from $2.5 million to $3 million?

I sincerely doubt that. Carter was one of Hextall's big acquisitions and I sincerely doubt he'd try to lowball him to the point of Carter's camp leaking that.

FIO

Nov 24, 2021
Per the MOU, if the salary is flat or increases year to year and if applicable, any signing bonus money is in Year 1 only, there's no penalty.

I'm sure his contract will be structured in such a way.

Thats how I thought it worked to. His contract decreases year to year. Seems like alot of risk for not a lot of gain for how they structured the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad