Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] G Tristan Jarry re-signs with the Penguins (5 years, $5.375M AAV)

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Youre paying this man 7m a year and hes not responsible for the management decisions he signed off on :laugh:

Why is he even working then?
No GM in history would sign such an impactful and long term deal without making the decision themselves.

Dubas tried to give himself a built in pass with the moronic Pens media (and apparently some fans) by saying he signed the contract based on reports from others in the organization since he was new in town. The only thing he is good at is self preservation. He is the worst and a plague on this franchise. It will be 5 more years of his moronic moves before someone thinks “hey, maybe this guy isn’t so smart after all”

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Jarry went from "inconsistent goalie with ups and downs" to just "bad goalie" either this year or sometime late last season, and it really doesn't seem like it's going to get any better.

Maybe you can gamble on him getting his stuff fixed with a change of scenery, because the athleticism still seems to be there, but he's really broken at this point and his contract is heinously ugly. He's Georgiev if Georgiev was signed for multiple more years.

I don't mind Dubas re-signing Jarry but the contract he gave out to him was disgusting. At that cap hit there's no way he should have gone beyond 2 or 3 years of term.

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
He was hired a few weeks before - he clearly stated he would look at the market to see all options but first would discuss with Sullivan and Chiodo about Jarry. He's literally just hired. If your goalie coach and coach is saying yeah we need him keep him...I'm not faulting that one on him, same for Graves. There were mandates left for him and he quickly had to move on them.

Jarry having issues after Feb last year was not something anyone would have foreseen being this bad. But he has some small good parts to his game that is an ember to work on if he can bounce back he can still be a #1 but elsewhere.

Dubas lives rent free in your leaf fans heads, it's kind of gone past comical to pathetic.
To take the time to write a paragraph about what an unhinged leafs fan thinks about your team. Who is actually living rent free here ?

Reactions: BM14

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Okay i think we’re doing okay 👌🏽
I'm a middle aged man. The Penguins could go the rest of my life without winning another Stanley Cup and that still would be a shorter drought than Leafs nation has lived through.

But I don't think I'll need to wait 57 more years. I'm betting your new genius management chases Marner out of town. Last time you did that with a franchise winger I got to watch him win 2 Cups with the Penguins.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Still Dubas in your Leafs fans heads.
What do you expect, the man completely botched the most talented roster we ever had. Barely anything he did was looked at as a success.

You should be angry at your ownership for hiring this snake oil salesman and not firing Sully.

How someone could look at what he accomplished in Toronto and thought he deserved a raise is beyond me.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Dubas should be doing everything in his power to ensure the team is as awful as humanly possible.

Starting Jarry every single night will do the trick.

Reactions: Giskard

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It’s the most Dubas thing ever to state he signed him to an extension because of some internal reports. Looks great if the contract turns out well, has someone to throw under the bus if it doesn’t. Dude is a weasel.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
What do you expect, the man completely botched the most talented roster we ever had. Barely anything he did was looked at as a success.

You should be angry at your ownership for hiring this snake oil salesman and not firing Sully.

How someone could look at what he accomplished in Toronto and thought he deserved a raise is beyond me.
Funny your new GM did more damage to the Flames before he left, I guess he will do the same to the Leafs?

Okay i think we’re doing okay 👌🏽
Funny, Treliving was a moron with what he did to the Flames and yet you lot think you're fine, but god forbid anyone else does with another Gm, is that it? So instead, you infect every Pens thread on this sub forum to whine about Dubas?

Sure, not rent free.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
only 3 plus years left yikes. Lots of time.
The way they're playing it is not really smart. There's some good stuff Jarry has done in his game, his ability to step up for high danger shots and saves is still there, but his mechanics are off, he's not aggressive to the angle, his movement in net is slow because he's hesitating and for a goalie that is fantastic at handling the puck, even in that Sabres game he just didn't even look competent with that. The mental aspect of the game is always ignored and then you have idiots just going off about so and so being just crap because sports fans are some of the worst with this ignorant - They owe me - mentality.

He should be sent down to WBS to work with Tisi imo, I think Chiodo maybe isn't the voice he needs at the moment because it clearly hasn't worked for him. Also he'd get playing time. What good is practice going to do when he needs to work in games, not drills against his own team. But it's curious to see someone like Bednar saying he will work through it with Georgiev and will give him a start and also let Annunen play through his.

It's comical that a goalie that is 30 is now supposedly done when on the main board there's a thread about a career back-up that is 30 and suddenly blokes asking if he's for real.

If Jarry was an absolute disaster, there would be zero to salvage in his game, but he's not there yet. Also yeah a new GM will consult the Coach that the ownership seems to desperately love and throw heaps of power to, it quite literally tanked two previous GM's before him.

Also for Leafs fans to think he would be this complacent with a goalie when he's been anything but in his Leafs tenure is comical. But then that'd be asking any Leafs fans to actually answer without emotion with Dubas.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Stupid deal the moment it was signed, he had never earned this contract. Him being bad is not a surprise to anyone but the management.

To be honest, I had even forgotten that this was 5.375. I thought it was like 4.5mil. What on earth had he done to earn this deal?

It’s the most Dubas thing ever to state he signed him to an extension because of some internal reports. Looks great if the contract turns out well, has someone to throw under the bus if it doesn’t. Dude is a weasel.
Dubas is a clown and has never appeared halfway competent. He's probably a smooth talker and can impress the leadership by sounding smart, but his actual performance record is mediocre at best.

Reactions: Peasy

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Stupid deal the moment it was signed, he had never earned this contract. Him being bad is not a surprise to anyone but the management.

To be honest, I had even forgotten that this was 5.375. I thought it was like 4.5mil. What on earth had he done to earn this deal?

Dubas is a clown and has never appeared halfway competent. He's probably a smooth talker and can impress the leadership by sounding smart, but his actual performance record is mediocre at best.

The cap hit was fine, when he signed Jarry was like the 15th highest paid goalie and that was fairly reflective of his overall ability. The term is the part that was horrible, especially after Jarry had a middling year in 2022-2023. His deal should have been like 2-3 years at $5 million, not 5 years at $5 million.

People forget that Jarry was legitimately good in some seasons in the past, he put up a .919 save% in 58 games and was an all-star in 2021-2022. He's just been on a downwards trend since then and looks to be legitimately bad at this point.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Jarry's biggest issues at this stage are all mental. He's needs to see that sports psych that Fleury saw, and go from there. I bet you he can get back to being himself, and actually be an upgrade for many teams.

We need to move on regardless, as we need to fix our logjam at the G position. If things go as expected Blomqvist and Murashov will lead the show in a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad