Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] G Tristan Jarry re-signs with the Penguins (5 years, $5.375M AAV)

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Youre paying this man 7m a year and hes not responsible for the management decisions he signed off on :laugh:

Why is he even working then?
No GM in history would sign such an impactful and long term deal without making the decision themselves.

Dubas tried to give himself a built in pass with the moronic Pens media (and apparently some fans) by saying he signed the contract based on reports from others in the organization since he was new in town. The only thing he is good at is self preservation. He is the worst and a plague on this franchise. It will be 5 more years of his moronic moves before someone thinks “hey, maybe this guy isn’t so smart after all”

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Jarry went from "inconsistent goalie with ups and downs" to just "bad goalie" either this year or sometime late last season, and it really doesn't seem like it's going to get any better.

Maybe you can gamble on him getting his stuff fixed with a change of scenery, because the athleticism still seems to be there, but he's really broken at this point and his contract is heinously ugly. He's Georgiev if Georgiev was signed for multiple more years.

I don't mind Dubas re-signing Jarry but the contract he gave out to him was disgusting. At that cap hit there's no way he should have gone beyond 2 or 3 years of term.

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
He was hired a few weeks before - he clearly stated he would look at the market to see all options but first would discuss with Sullivan and Chiodo about Jarry. He's literally just hired. If your goalie coach and coach is saying yeah we need him keep him...I'm not faulting that one on him, same for Graves. There were mandates left for him and he quickly had to move on them.

Jarry having issues after Feb last year was not something anyone would have foreseen being this bad. But he has some small good parts to his game that is an ember to work on if he can bounce back he can still be a #1 but elsewhere.

Dubas lives rent free in your leaf fans heads, it's kind of gone past comical to pathetic.
To take the time to write a paragraph about what an unhinged leafs fan thinks about your team. Who is actually living rent free here ?

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Okay i think we’re doing okay 👌🏽
I'm a middle aged man. The Penguins could go the rest of my life without winning another Stanley Cup and that still would be a shorter drought than Leafs nation has lived through.

But I don't think I'll need to wait 57 more years. I'm betting your new genius management chases Marner out of town. Last time you did that with a franchise winger I got to watch him win 2 Cups with the Penguins.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Still Dubas in your Leafs fans heads.
What do you expect, the man completely botched the most talented roster we ever had. Barely anything he did was looked at as a success.

You should be angry at your ownership for hiring this snake oil salesman and not firing Sully.

How someone could look at what he accomplished in Toronto and thought he deserved a raise is beyond me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad