Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] G Tristan Jarry re-signs with the Penguins (5 years, $5.375M AAV)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How you feelin today?

Truly a baffling offseason by the Wubas.

Did you ignore the point of my post which was "bumping a thread after a player has played 4 games of a 5 year contract is incredibly stupid"?

Jarry is what he is, my point is that it's moronic to bump a thread for a 5 year contract when the player has played single digit games under that contract.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Seriously, I dont think there was a bidding war for Jerry so I think they could have got less term .

There shouldn’t have been. He hasn’t done anything besides be the guy - mainly by default - on a mediocre team. At least Murray can say he helped the team to two(!) Cups before falling apart.

Reactions: Voight

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
It's frustrating having to deal with this exact player for nearly 15 years in Fleury. Although it is quite humorous to see how a smile seems to eradicate about 60% of criticism. Even down to the random, unjustified extension after several down years.

I can say, at least Fleury was available to choke and be mediocre and not in the press box with some boo boo.

Penguins fans really didn't embrace how great they had it for the healthy years of Matt Murray.
Yeah those 2 Stanley Cups we won with Murray were so underappreciated. Gosh, if only we'd been happy with and embraced the championships instead of shunning him. Because fans can't stand to embrace a high caliber player playing at an elite level.

What a ridiculous comment

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Did you ignore the point of my post which was "bumping a thread after a player has played 4 games of a 5 year contract is incredibly stupid"?

Jarry is what he is, my point is that it's moronic to bump a thread for a 5 year contract when the player has played single digit games under that contract.
I think the point isn't about the 4 games under the new contract but the hundreds under his old contracts which showed that he shouldn't have been given this new contract in the first place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad