Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] G Tristan Jarry re-signs with the Penguins (5 years, $5.375M AAV)

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I don't understand why opposing fans are so excited to dunk on the Pens regarding Jarry. Jarry is an average starter who got paid starter money and had a really bad playoffs a couple years ago. I would have liked someone else but the market was barren so meh.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I don't understand why opposing fans are so excited to dunk on the Pens regarding Jarry. Jarry is an average starter who got paid starter money and had a really bad playoffs a couple years ago. I would have liked someone else but the market was barren so meh.
I think it just fits in with the whole meh Pens situation. I'm not trying to be a downer, but the path ahead is cloudy, and this doesn't make it any clearer. I'm guessing TJ demanded the term, and with everyone else getting term, he'd have felt anything less is a spit in the face. Kinda like I'm going down with the ship, too.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
I disagree, Binner won you guys a Cup. Jarry cannot be counted on to even steal a game, let alone win a playoff series. JB's antics are far more entertaining as well.
Binner got us to the playoffs with an insane 2 month streak to turn our season around. After the first 2 months, binners stats the last 2 months and in the playoffs were only about league average.

Honestly i get tired of the jb antics, especially cuz they usually happen when we sre losing and makes us a joke to everyone.

Hockeysawks

May 16, 2023
I think it just fits in with the whole meh Pens situation. I'm not trying to be a downer, but the path ahead is cloudy, and this doesn't make it any clearer. I'm guessing TJ demanded the term, and with everyone else getting term, he'd have felt anything less is a spit in the face. Kinda like I'm going down with the ship, too.
They still have a solid team

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
As an Isles fan, thank you.

Love watching Jarry in the opposing net.

GPWLOTLGASASVSV%GAASOPIMTOIEV GAPPGASH
New York Islanders14103133406373.9192.4522808:372940

Here are Jarry's stats against the Islanders... Not sure what's so great about this for Isles fans lol.

Last edited:

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009

GPWLOTLGASASVSV%GAASOPIMTOIEV GAPPGASH
New York Islanders14103133406373.9192.4522808:372940

Here are Jarry's stats against the Islanders... Not sure what's so great about this for Isles fans lol.
0173F086-0A56-4D9D-9D58-C6046ECCFC0B.jpeg

So long as Pens fans are happy with Jarry I suppose that’s all that matters.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Most of our frustration is with the status quo in nets over the past few years, and we just wanted change. Jarry keeps getting injured when we need him most. Also, part of the problem also is we don't do a good job at all of insulating our goalies.

5 years is too much. I would have preferred 2 years @ 6M if it had really come to no other choice!

Also, I would have preferred we didn't get Nedeljkovic and gotten rid of DeSmith, and found a 1B. I heard Gibson was available.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Dubas was so bad that he achieved more than any other GM of the Leafs over the past two decades.

He won a round?

Seriously, you're giving Dubas way too much credit considering, outside signing Tavares, he inherited the only players that made any significant impact on this team. Plus, looking at his predecessors and how bad they messed up saying he achieved more than they did isn't nearly the compliment you make it out to be.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
He won a round?

Seriously, you're giving Dubas way too much credit considering, outside signing Tavares, he inherited the only players that made any significant impact on this team.
Yep, he won one playoff round…in half a decade……with the most talented Leafs core of the millenium.

Well said.

Reactions: Zbynek

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
This move is painfully bad, not only because Tristan Jarry is constantly injured and has failed to ever steal a game under pressure in his entire career, but because it takes the Penguins out of the running for any serious goalie bid over the next few years, like a move for Helle or one of the BOS goalies. It effectively cancels out every other move the Pens made this past week. And to end on that price, and term, suggests the negotiation was an absolute flop. A lazy panic move at best, a career ender for Sid+Geno+Letang at worst.

The single worst signing in UFA 2023.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
see a lot of negativity to this signing and honestly dont follow Jarry much but was reading about Dubas briefly. Why do the hockey minds think this guy knows what hes doing? Doesnt make sense. His greatest achievement was Tavares.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
see a lot of negativity to this signing and honestly dont follow Jarry much but was reading about Dubas briefly. Why do the hockey minds think this guy knows what hes doing? Doesnt make sense. His greatest achievement was Tavares.
I know, it’s puzzling. I hear people in the media and podcasts say dubas did a good job. I’m like, my 6 yr old nephew could have negotiated the M&M contracts. What foundations did dubas leave here exactly. Muzzin is done. Taveras is slowing Down at 11 mil AAV, he gave the 3 greedy amigos front loaded bonus laden contracts and got one yr of ufa for matthews, whoopsie. The goalie carousel was a joke. The obsession of Sault guy and smal skilled forwards in a contact sport is mind blowing. Triple and quadrupling down on 4 forwards making half your cap in a flat cap world and not adapting is insanity. My only thinking why dubas is highly regarded is because he cleans up well, speaks well, is young comparative to his peers, has experience now and is a nice guy. Unfortunately, shanahan and the new penguins ownership group just totally dismissed his roster construction and choices and based thier perception of dubas on the latter.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How do they look at Jarry's numbers and decide that he deserves 5.4mill AAV for 5 years? To me, this seems like a brutal move.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Jack Campbell 2.0?

.892 sv% and being roasted alive by Penguins fans who were already done with him before this contract.

• Haha
Reactions: Hexroot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad