Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] G Tristan Jarry re-signs with the Penguins (5 years, $5.375M AAV)

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I still think Jarry can be good if he could just stay healthy. Unfortunately I don't think he can stay healthy.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Tristan Jarry sucks ass, never understood penguins or Sullivan obsession with him
I mean he’s literally been an all star before. He’s just struggled with consistency and injuries. Both things that, while concerning, he has the ability to figure out

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Dubas true biggest weakness is he doesnt know how to evaluate or acquire top goaltending

He overpays for Jarry. Guess the trade market route didnt make sense.

Idk if Jarry is good enough to win you 4 rounds
It's a team game. Jarry is better than hill and brossoit. And better than kuemper without an eye working the previous year for colorado

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Dubas true biggest weakness is he doesnt know how to evaluate or acquire top goaltending

He overpays for Jarry. Guess the trade market route didnt make sense.

Idk if Jarry is good enough to win you 4 rounds
The trade market not making sense doesn't mean you have to chain Jarry to the rest of Sid/Geno/Letang's career.

Dubas is completely clueless.

Reactions: Ignatius

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
This is true. Campbell is terrible on scrambles around his net. Has always been the weakest part of his game. And Edmonton allows that to happen all the time. It's like they didn't do any scouting.
Either they fell into the narrative that Toronto was bad defensively or they overestimated their team defence.

Toronto last 3 years:
2020-21 - 7th best GA in the NHL, Andersen and Campbell split duties but Freddy 1A
2021-22 - 18th best GA in the NHL, Campbell was the full time starter
2022-23 - 5th best GA in the NHL, Samsonov + Murray + Woll

Edmonton has finished top 10 in fewest GA just once over the last 6 seasons.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Andersen lost his job to Campbell in 2020-21 after getting severely outplayed by Campbell. But I will agree the narrative about the Leafs being bad defensively was not accurate.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Tristan Jarry does not 'suck ass'. That's just a stupid thing to say.

He can't f***ing stay healthy, however, and him being great in November doesn't mean shit when he's never available in April.
Whatever adjectives you like, doesn’t change the fact you’re not winning shit with him so doesn’t matter to me lol. I’m happy you resigned him have fun

Reactions: Ignatius

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Dubas for 7 more years,I will pray for you Pens fans at service today.

At this rate we'll have several top 5OA picks in that span.

Only thing the Jarry/Sullivan marriage needs is Taylor Hall to really push us into the best draft positioning.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I can't understand how Jarry got that contract and yet apparently it is a seeming impossibility that he could have been shipped off somewhere else somehow someway.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Those guys have won rounds in the playoffs.
Their teams have won rounds in the playoffs. After seeing a struggling blind kuemper win the cup as well as brossoit and hill, its ridiculous that people still assign playoff series wins to 1 player instead ofnthe team. Jarry did do pokr in his 1 playoff series, but its a team game and that was 1 time. And playoffs is just random small sample sizes.

Jarry is a far better goalie than binnington and im saying that as a blues fan.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Their teams have won rounds in the playoffs. After seeing a struggling blind kuemper win the cup as well as brossoit and hill, its ridiculous that people still assign playoff series wins to 1 player instead ofnthe team. Jarry did do pokr in his 1 playoff series, but its a team game and that was 1 time. And playoffs is just random small sample sizes.

Jarry’s career save percentage in the playoffs is .891. Is that on him or the team?

Sammy Kat

Jun 14, 2021
You are a Leafs fan.

You have far more to be worried about if you are the praying type.
I am not worried anymore,my prayer was finally answered and now he is your problem.

Good thing I only respect the Pens but am not a fan as after seeing his work no amount of praying is going to save you.

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
Whatever adjectives you like, doesn’t change the fact you’re not winning shit with him so doesn’t matter to me lol. I’m happy you resigned him have fun
Neither are you, least we've won our cups. It's quite nice winning more than once every 80 plus years.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
You are a Leafs fan.

You have far more to be worried about if you are the praying type.

How long until Leafs fans f*** off and don’t come into every Pens topic talking shit about Dubas?

Go find something better to do you weirdos. Dubas was so bad that he achieved more than any other GM of the Leafs over the past two decades. I agree with you, they have more to pray for than us Pens fans.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin

I disagree, Binner won you guys a Cup. Jarry cannot be counted on to even steal a game, let alone win a playoff series. JB's antics are far more entertaining as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad