Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] F Sidney Crosby signs extension with the Penguins (2 years, $8.7M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Let's see how far he can climb up the all time scorers list. #5 and 1800 points seems like the floor.

Last edited:

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
What a legend while other aging stars received more and aren't even on the same level as him anymore.

What a goat

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
It’s a bargain of a deal at this day and age, Crosby is still Crosby despite his age. Personally, didn’t want to picture him on any other team jerseys to chase another cup. Lemieux is Magnificent/better player, but Crosby has made a case to become the face of the franchise (partly due to his longevity, Mario had to take time off hockey with health issues, otherwise his legacy might have come very close to Gretzky’s). Jagr, Francis, et. al were dynasty type “support” players.

Curious to see what the old dirty bastards (Crosby, Karlsson, Letang, even fading Malkin) can do together having had a season of familiarity together. Guentzel is a big gap they need to fill collectively.

Pens fans rejoice.

EDIT: 9999th post, only took me almost 20 years lol
I dare you to reply to me.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I figured it would be an 8.7 cap hit. This season plus 2 more. It still gives the Pens options to trade him and get something for him if Sid did ask to be moved for one last run, assuming the Pens are not challenging for a playoff spot.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Sad he's gunna waste the last few years of his career on a shit team with a dumbass for a GM
What a shame. The guy who’s going to be the 5th best hockey player ever chooses comfort instead of cup chasing. What an idiot :sarcasm:

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I figured it would be an 8.7 cap hit. This season plus 2 more. It still gives the Pens options to trade him and get something for him if Sid did ask to be moved for one last run, assuming the Pens are not challenging for a playoff spot.

I see it as he's retiring there and will go 1 year deals after that contract is up until he decides he's done for good.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
This is good to see. Maybe other superstars in sports, but this "kid" is special. Money/Fame is nice, but he choose to do it the right way.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Looks like injuries robbed him of #2 on the all-time points list (before McDavid eventually ends up there), but assuming Crosby plays three more seasons he should pass Francis for #5 with an outside chance at Howe for #4.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad