Pierre Luc Dubois explains for his poor performance in L.A.

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com
I’m about the furthest thing from a Dubois fan but this thread will be hilarious when he immediately bounces back to 60 points when he gets 18+ minutes/game + PP1 time.
If 60 points is all he gets getting used in all favourable conditions to produce, it's honestly not that impressive and your team is likely not going very far...

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I remember the hordes among my fellow Habs fans who wanted PLD in the weeks before he was traded to LA. For the life of me, I couldn't understand why they so ardently wanted him. We had just gone through the Drouin experiment and Dubois's reputation was already tarnished somewhat.

It's kinda funny this has happened twice in recent memory with a 'star' Quebec player, and both times, Bergevin was close to that action. I hope for Kings fans he won't be the one eventually replacing Blake.

If he does end-up GM though, I'll be watching his media appearances, as they are a treasure trove of meme opportunities. The Bergevin years were quite awful, but at least we laughed a lot.

Bergevin tried to get him off Columbus but Hughes is the one who tried to get him off Winnipeg.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In over 60 years of hockey, I despised PLDonkey as a player the most and it is rooted in two things.

The fake "desire to play for the Habs", then the fake "it is a dream to play for LA".

And...reminds me of a selfish brat who talks the game but is only out for himself...in a team sport.

I'm just glad we missed that bullet.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Not really a risk when the franchise's only reason for existing at this point - and I don't mean that in a dismissive sense but simply that this is their entire purpose and collective aim, the GM's mandate - is to ensure that Ovi breaks the league goal-scoring record. Bringing in talent like Dubois on the cheap to help them achieve a modicum of success in the regular season, delaying a complete tear-down rebuild, is worth it as one of the best methods to realize that aim.
Bringing in Dubois will at best be a non factor and at worst actively hinder Ovi’s goal record, which he is a virtual lock to get anyway as long as he stays healthy. Any justification of this trade seems to include the underlying assumption that underneath all of his many negatives and baggage, PLD is at heart an above average to borderline star hockey player. He is not.

The Caps could’ve and should’ve just bought out Kuemper and signed any generic free agent C for ~$4m and they would’ve ended up with a better player and been on the hook for less money and for less years than they are now.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Bizarre that the Caps took on one of the worst contracts in the league. I hope PLD does great in Washington, but odds are he will be who he has always been. Such a waste of raw talent and size.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
I’m about the furthest thing from a Dubois fan but this thread will be hilarious when he immediately bounces back to 60 points when he gets 18+ minutes/game + PP1 time.
He could score 100 points and still get shit on at this point because he’s so hated. But yeah, 30 goal season incoming for Dubois as a 1C. Lol

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The thing about this clown, if someone thinks it’s okay to really not give a f*** that much while getting paid that much money, like realistically what kind of turnaround is even logical?

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
His name is Pierre-Luc Dubois, not all of these other names.

Leave Pierre alone. Hockey is the hardest sport in the world.
65e.jpg

Sorry, couldn't just let this one pass.

• Haha
Reactions: CupInSIX

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Me me me me me, Dubois loves to talk about himself and only himself. It's always about him. His needs will always come first before his team.

View attachment 906679View attachment 906680View attachment 906681
View attachment 906683View attachment 906693
So...aspergers, in a nut shell?

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Bizarre that the Caps took on one of the worst contracts in the league.
Remember that the Caps gave away Kuemper for him, and Darcy is on one of the worst contracts in the league himself and basically wasn't helping Caps at all (Pierre is at least talented).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad