Pierre Luc Dubois explains for his poor performance in L.A.

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com
I’m about the furthest thing from a Dubois fan but this thread will be hilarious when he immediately bounces back to 60 points when he gets 18+ minutes/game + PP1 time.
If 60 points is all he gets getting used in all favourable conditions to produce, it's honestly not that impressive and your team is likely not going very far...

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I remember the hordes among my fellow Habs fans who wanted PLD in the weeks before he was traded to LA. For the life of me, I couldn't understand why they so ardently wanted him. We had just gone through the Drouin experiment and Dubois's reputation was already tarnished somewhat.

It's kinda funny this has happened twice in recent memory with a 'star' Quebec player, and both times, Bergevin was close to that action. I hope for Kings fans he won't be the one eventually replacing Blake.

If he does end-up GM though, I'll be watching his media appearances, as they are a treasure trove of meme opportunities. The Bergevin years were quite awful, but at least we laughed a lot.

Bergevin tried to get him off Columbus but Hughes is the one who tried to get him off Winnipeg.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Well, one of them made sure to come to our board and tell us how dumb we were for giving him up since he scored a 5-on-3 tap-in in preseason, so maybe it'll be a while

But we were willing to give him 15-20 games to prove himself despite all the history so should be the same there

I didn't think I'd ever see as gutless a performance in a Kings sweater as Jeremy Roenick but PLD made him look like Bobby Clarke. Never seen such a f***ing on-ice loser, i didn't think it was possible he was remotely as bad as his reputation but 75% of his time with the kings was a replay of 'the shift'. And doubly frustrating not only because of the contract and trade tree but also because he's actually a very nice guy with immense raw talent that you WANT to root for but he just completely betrays you. Not only was he not productive; he was an out and out liability at all times but ESPECIALLY in any high leverage situation. Expect hat tricks vs. lottery teams and dashes vs. top 16 teams.
The dude is the poster child for soft socialite Frenchmen.

Likeable. Gifted. Well spoken.

f***ing gutless.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In over 60 years of hockey, I despised PLDonkey as a player the most and it is rooted in two things.

The fake "desire to play for the Habs", then the fake "it is a dream to play for LA".

And...reminds me of a selfish brat who talks the game but is only out for himself...in a team sport.

I'm just glad we missed that bullet.

Reactions: Laus723

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Not really a risk when the franchise's only reason for existing at this point - and I don't mean that in a dismissive sense but simply that this is their entire purpose and collective aim, the GM's mandate - is to ensure that Ovi breaks the league goal-scoring record. Bringing in talent like Dubois on the cheap to help them achieve a modicum of success in the regular season, delaying a complete tear-down rebuild, is worth it as one of the best methods to realize that aim.
Bringing in Dubois will at best be a non factor and at worst actively hinder Ovi’s goal record, which he is a virtual lock to get anyway as long as he stays healthy. Any justification of this trade seems to include the underlying assumption that underneath all of his many negatives and baggage, PLD is at heart an above average to borderline star hockey player. He is not.

The Caps could’ve and should’ve just bought out Kuemper and signed any generic free agent C for ~$4m and they would’ve ended up with a better player and been on the hook for less money and for less years than they are now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad