Pierre Luc Dubois explains for his poor performance in L.A.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
You’re a professional hockey player and you need one on one direction on what is expected of you? Gray areas “confuse” you?

Unreal
It could be confusing if the coach keeps changing the direction. Not defending the guy but we really don’t know anything.

What a crybaby. Zero accountability.
He clearly says in the quote that it’s his fault.

Reactions: Misery74

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
He needs a psychiatrist/psychologist. There are plenty of other NHL players who rely upon them. Not sure why he hasn't gone that route yet.
Can they help someone with narcisim and a personal lack of accountability? It has been my experience that therapy only works if the person involved acknowledges their part in the problem and wants more than anything to correct it. I didn't hear any of that in those quotes.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Couldn't Dubois have taken his confusion and lack of understanding of his role on the LA Kings and maybe asked for a 1 on 1 meeting and some additional instruction, aka actually put in the effort and personal accountability when change for the positive was still possible? Guy goes into so much narcissistic detail about learning about the trade, the shock and the awe of it etc. No one cares, you're an adult. Very hard to take this person seriously.

Reactions: Canadienna

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Fox also referenced it during game broadcast, more than once IIRC.
I believe so, Jim Fox mentioned something about the coaches using the system to tell him when he’s doing something right. I can’t believe how much like a toddler they had to treat him.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Has any player with a reputation like this turned it around and completely changed that reputation?
Even younger players don’t seem to really grow out of really bad traits. So, I’d be extremely shocked if Dubois suddenly became a better hockey player. There’s a lot of conflict in his personality. He is by far the laziest player I’ve ever seen. I thought Winnipeg fans were just talking shit about him because he was finally off the team but it was quickly clear he is unbelievably lazy.

The second I saw the clipart palm tree newly tattooed on his forearm when he joined the Kings and the corny butterfly on his right arm. I knew it was truly over.

1726336439735.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Stringer Bell

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
NHL Coaching - Gives directions on players, has multiple coaches to do exactly that, has skills coaches, players have their own personal coaches, trainers etc.

Pierre Luc Dubois being on multiple teams given that direction - I NEED MORE CLEAR DIRECTIONS!

What an absolute tit of a human being, the epitome of "It's them, not me."

Lol maybe just tell him to win games? Isn't that as clear as it can get?
Multiple Coaches of Pierre (Torts, Maurice, Bowness, Hiller, McLellan): "Hey Pierre, we traded(drafted) for you because you can score and produce points, you were drafted for that same reason and we want you to do just that, center your own line, score goals, play the system the rest of the team is playing..."

Pierre: "I mean, I don't know, that's not really that clear."

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He's had all different types of coaches, and yet he still has the same problems everywhere he goes.
Fair enough. The typical NHL coach probably doesn't have the patience or mindset to give Dubois the extra attention it sounds like he needs. In the end, Dubois' non-jock personality might be a bad fit for his jock profession.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
Poor Pierre. Everyone let him down. Again.

This guy is a joke.

The best thing - he won't .. can't change. Maybe if the stars are aligned you get a couple of months of good hockey from him and that's it

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Fair enough. The typical NHL coach probably doesn't have the patience or mindset to give Dubois the extra attention it sounds like he needs. In the end, Dubois' non-jock personality might be a bad fit for his jock profession.

Dollars to doughnuts that's a big part of the problem. Personally, I think he's always come across as a pretty thoughtful guy. But with his gifts and contract, he should be able to deal with his massive consistency issues better IMO.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Even younger players don’t seem to really grow out of really bad traits. So, I’d be extremely shocked if Dubois suddenly became a better hockey player. There’s a lot of conflict in his personality. He is by far the laziest player I’ve ever seen. I thought Winnipeg fans were just talking shit about him because he was finally off the team but it was quickly clear he is unbelievably lazy.

The second I saw the clipart palm tree newly tattooed on his forearm when he joined the Kings and the corny butterfly on his right arm. I knew it was truly over.

View attachment 906962
Those are some pretty awful tats.

I can’t find the video someone made but it analyzed how every team Dubois joins dating back to Jr gets worse when he’s on the team and then improves immediately once he’s gone.
I find this comment even funnier now for a bloke that needs everything clarified for "direction" or whatever...

“He’s a very cerebral player, he understands the game, he reads and reacts real well, he uses his size,” McLellan said.
“He has size, smarts, good anticipation skills, he picks things up quickly on the bench, asks good questions, trying to connect with linemates,” McLellan added.

:laugh:

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Dubois would probably have trouble putting a square block to a square hole (without coaching), much more building something as difficult as a Lego car from the 90's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad