Value of: Pick #13. BUF looking for top 4 RD

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
You lost me with 'not great in his own end'.

And as someone who recently suffered that same type of injury - you can't 'may have' back problems. You have them or you don't.
You're living off the Parayko that played with Pietrangelo. And he was out for a lot of games with back problems which I read could of been carrer ending. Usually back problems don't get better as you get older.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
You're living off the Parayko that played with Pietrangelo. And he was out for a lot of games with back problems which I read could of been carrer ending. Usually back problems don't get better as you get older.
Back problems rarely get better, period. If it's something like a slipped/bulged disc which is being commented on.

As said above - I have first hand experience....

He's played 79 & 80 games in the last two seasons. I don't think he does this if he's carrying that type of injury.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
He never played with petro. They played on different lines. He played with jaybo.

But in 2019 his value was way higher than the ask here. I have no problem with him staying blues. Blues may make playoffs in a year or two and prob won't be a serious threat for 3 years. Hofer bolduc snuggerud loof kessel and Dean will be ready by then. Kyrou and Thomas will be vetts and parayko will be slowly declining as all 34 35 year Olds do. The next four years would be more useful to Buffalo who is ready to break out now.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I still think Tanev would be the perfect partner for Dahlin OR Power. Wouldn’t cost 13th OA either, would cost a 2nd or a top prospect. I would like both and I said that before but his injury proneness negates getting both. Would rather get a player ready to play than a pick, but wouldn’t hate a pick in the 2nd round.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I still think Tanev would be the perfect partner for Dahlin OR Power. Wouldn’t cost 13th OA either, would cost a 2nd or a top prospect. I would like both and I said that before but his injury proneness negates getting both. Would rather get a player ready to play than a pick, but wouldn’t hate a pick in the 2nd round.
There's a big gap between a 2nd and top prospect. We can certainly float a B prospect.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Bruins could make some d available in the off season. Carlo could fit the bill for you and his mntc does start until next year. Gryz and Forbort will likely be available as well but likely not quite what you’re looking for. Both are top 4 though

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Brodie + Bostons first for 13th overall.
Brodie isn't the type of D that we're looking for. He's kind of more of the same as what we have in Dahlin/Power/Jokiharju. The idea is to bring in someone a bit more defensively robust.

Hronek + 4th for 13th ovr and a second
I see what you're trying to do here. Pass. Hronek wasn't worth that much when Vancouver traded for him.

Bruins could make some d available in the off season. Carlo could fit the bill for you and his mntc does start until next year. Gryz and Forbort will likely be available as well but likely not quite what you’re looking for. Both are top 4 though
Carlo would be a wet dream. Would easily give up 13 plus for him. Can't imagine Boston giving him up though.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Carlo is the PPP, perfect Power partner.

Would do Carlo and Mike Reilly for 13th overall and Weissbach

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Done for Carlo. It won’t happen unfortunately, but done.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Buffalo is probably willing to part with some combination of Olofsson, picks 39 & 45 for the right deal as well
Olofsson won’t have much, if any, value at his AAV.

28 goals look great but the -22 and 40 total points paints the picture of a very limited player with huge holes in his game.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Olofsson won’t have much, if any, value at his AAV.

28 goals look great but the -22 and 40 total points paints the picture of a very limited player with huge holes in his game.

Frank Vatrano fetched a 4th at ~$2.3 M AAV and roughly half of Olofsson's production.

He'll have similar value at full cap hit to the right team (IE, 3rd/4th/5th).

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
Boston and Buffalo aren't going to be trade partners with any significant players. Probably has to be a western team.

I think the Canucks would be interested and have the pieces (11, Raty, other prospects or young players).

Carlo is a near perfect fit as Hughes partner - defense, size, salary, and age all fairly ideal for the Canucks. It is also a really nice on-ice fit for Carlo.

I'm unsure what VAN would ultimately part with and they would need to free salary to another team, but the pieces fit to me.

---

On that salary note... Buffalo seems like an excellent landing spot for a guy like Conor Garland.

27 year old Garland has 3 years at 4.95 remaining. Buffalo has cap space to treat that as a FA signing.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I think the Canucks would be interested and have the pieces (11, Raty, other prospects or young players).

Carlo is a near perfect fit as Hughes partner - defense, size, salary, and age all fairly ideal for the Canucks. It is also a really nice on-ice fit for Carlo.

I'm unsure what VAN would ultimately part with and they would need to free salary to another team, but the pieces fit to me.

---

On that salary note... Buffalo seems like an excellent landing spot for a guy like Conor Garland.

27 year old Garland has 3 years at 4.95 remaining. Buffalo has cap space to treat that as a FA signing.

I have a soft spot for Garland, but hell no. An offense-only small forward when we score just fine and need size/defensive responsibility. Dude would just take a spot from a prospect on a cheaper deal, when we spend it’ll be elsewhere. That only benefits Van, offload your bloated contracts elsewhere.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

---

On paper sure. But if Buffalo adds a forward this summer, it won't be a scorer. Garland doesn't really improve them as they don't need more goals, they need to fix their PK and improve play in their own zone.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

you including your 11OA in taking on that salary?

full salary garland has negative value. Buffalo is one of a few teams who coukd eat his salary.

thr isdue becomes where would he play. If buffalo resigns Girgensons thry have 2 of their 12 F spots. One could be used for Olofsson who they have and the other could be used for Savoie O4 of of their otherAHL prospects.

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
I have a soft spot for Garland, but hell no. An offense-only small forward when we score just fine and need size/defensive responsibility. Dude would just take a spot from a prospect on a cheaper deal, when we spend it’ll be elsewhere. That only benefits Van, offload your bloated contracts elsewhere.

If the fit isn't there, that's fine but Garland really is not an offense only player. He's much more of a high-energy 2 way guy known for being a pest in a good way and dragging his team into the fight. He's a career 50 point winger being paid less than 5 mil.

On paper sure. But if Buffalo adds a forward this summer, it won't be a scorer. Garland doesn't really improve them as they don't need more goals, they need to fix their PK and improve play in their own zone.

That's fair. I'd still view Garland as a solid upgrade on the wing but he won't bolster a PK or in zone D. He would more help with neutral zone play, forechecking, back-checking, the breakout... etc.

you including your 11OA in taking on that salary?

full salary garland has negative value. Buffalo is one of a few teams who coukd eat his salary.

thr isdue becomes where would he play. If buffalo resigns Girgensons thry have 2 of their 12 F spots. One could be used for Olofsson who they have and the other could be used for Savoie O4 of of their otherAHL prospects.

Garland is not a negative value player. I think he can pretty flatly be considered the superior player to someone like Olofsson who most Sabres fans seem to believe can be moved for late picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad