Phoenix XXIV: How many twists does the scriptwriter have left?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC
Most of it would be D&A. In Moyes' last year, D&A was an enormous (for an enterprise of this size) $17.6M. In and of itself that would move a ~$20M cash loss to a near $40M accounting loss. On top of that, it would not be hard to argue that the franchise asset has sustained a significant impairment over the past year.

My question was more along the line of what the deferred expenses were specifically. As you point out, that is a rather incredible amount. Might it have something to do with players' contracts that are front-end loaded?

If it is simply accruals or an impairment however, I'm surprised MH would have mentioned it. Certainly I don't see how the NHL should really care provided they get enough cash to pay down their credit line... it really shouldn't affect the price if it is non-cash.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Sorry Killion, i have been following this as closely as anyone, either provide the link to back that statement up (re Scruggs/Hulz- Bollocks) or I'm going have to call this a load of Bollocks that you and GSC2 are spreading to back your case. I very rarely ask for links and the likes, but on this one i feel compelled to......

This claim is not a trivial matter, to say that Bollock said the deal was good is a very serious issue that needs to be addressed. Aren't you being a little presumptuous to state that GWI had all the necessary documents and that they feel the deal is actually legal? All their actions seem to argue to the contrary?

No worries. And as you can see, Ive corrupted the Gentlemans name (its actually Bolicks), much to my own amusement, however, I simply couldnt resist. My version for those who may not know the term is Cockney Slang for BS. And yes, isnt it sad when a beautiful mind goes so bad?. As for a link Faltorvo (very Epicurian, Zorro; are you too a Wizard with Cutlery & Blade Sir?), simply refer to www.espn.com & follow the links to Scott Burnsides article of March 4, 2011......

As for my being "presumptuous to state the GWI had all the...."?. Dont think so. Im no lawyer, but asked pointed questions to our friends here who are over this very issue. Does/did the GWI have enough inf. based on whats been released, absent a SIGNED LEASE & ARENA MGMNT AGREEMENT to proceed with a case against the COG in court?. The answer was a resounding "yes, they did/do indeed". Then why dont they?. Because maybe they arent so confident in their ability to win an argument before a Judge; and maybe they dont want to appear to be the Bad Guy in shutting this thing down, which a suit would surely do; so maybe they decided to act by stealth motivated by sanctimonious self righteousness, predicated on their own far right leaning philosophies?. Not because the deal was illegal, but because they disagreed with it. I could go on & on in providing you example after example as to how & why Ive arrived at these conclusions, however, I & many others have already covered this ground. Repetition tends to bore yes?...

Last edited:

The Pouzar

May 6, 2009
The Kop
Its like me buying a super-car and trying to sell it year after year with no takers because I keep tacking my maintenance costs and how much I spent on gas each year on to the asking price.

The value of a franchise is a perceived value and only has that value when someone wants to purchase it. I'm sure last year TNSE and the NHL came to a basic understanding on price of say $175M and now that that price is $210M, the NHL may ask and get $210M from TNSE but maybe they will ask for less on the relocation fee. So the net effect to TNSE will be the same.

But since that time another possible buyer has stepped forward and maybe willing to pay more, hence driving the asking price up. Remember the $170m price is for a franchise in PHX , I haven't seen any indications of the value of a franchise in another available market.

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007
No worries. And as you can see, Ive corrupted the Gentlemans name (its actually Bolicks), much to my own amusement, however, I simply couldnt resist. My version for those who may not know the term is Cockney Slang for BS. And yes, isnt it sad when a beautiful mind goes so bad?. As for a link Faltorvo (very epicurian, are you a Wizard with Cutlery & the Blade Sir?), simply refer to www.espn.com & follow the links to Scott Burnsides article of March 4, 2011......

As for my being "presumptuous to state the GWI had all the...."?. Dont think so. Im no lawyer, but asked pointed questions to our friends here who are over this very issue. Does/did the GWI have enough inf. based on whats been released, absent a SIGNED LEASE & ARENA MGMNT AGREEMENT to proceed with a case against the COG in court?. The answer was a resounding "yes, they did/do indeed". Then why dont they?. Because maybe they arent so confident in their ability to win an argument before a Judge; and maybe they dont want to appear to be the Bad Guy in shutting this thing down, which a suit would surely do; so maybe they decided to act by stealth motivated by sanctimonious self righteousness, predicated on their own far right leaning philosophies?. Not because the deal was illegal, but because they disagreed with it. I could go on & on in providing you example after example as to how & why Ive arrived at these conclusions, however, I & many others have already covered this ground. Repetition tends to bore yes?...

I wouldn't put too much stock into the self proclaimed legal expertise to be found on HF boards. Its one thing to hear their opinion and another to argue using their opinion as fact, which it certainly is not.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I wouldn't put too much stock into the self proclaimed legal expertise to be found on HF boards. Its one thing to hear their opinion and another to argue using their opinion as fact, which it certainly is not.

You seriously underestimate the weight & heft of various posters populating these threads Krautso. I would suggest you have a discussion with a Moderator or 3 before casting aspertions' & or categorizing anyones opinion as invalid. Bona-fides are required; pretenders un-welcome.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
You seriously underestimate the weight & heft of various posters populating these threads Krautso. I would suggest you have a discussion with a Moderator or 3 before casting aspertions' & or categorizing anyones opinion as invalid. Bona-fides are required; pretenders un-welcome.

What? weight & heft? oh my. this place is absurd.

Kitsune

Feb 20, 2003
Toronto ON CA
www.glidingeagle.com
Any thoughts as to what those non-cash items might be? Are there really that significant amount of capital or intangible assets on the balance sheet? What revenue could they be deferring in that amount? If it is depreciation or amortization that's driving the difference, it would represent a significant deviation in amortization pattern from previous periods and thus probably an impairment... any thoughts on what that could be?

imo... Because the NHL is including the arena in the loses - its likely the depreciation is coming on the Arena itself, as well the equipment in the arena (ie ice making machine, zamboni, etc).

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
No worries. And as you can see, Ive corrupted the Gentlemans name (its actually Bolicks), much to my own amusement, however, I simply couldnt resist. My version for those who may not know the term is Cockney Slang for BS. And yes, isnt it sad when a beautiful mind goes so bad?. As for a link Faltorvo (very Epicurian, Zorro; are you too a Wizard with Cutlery & Blade Sir?), simply refer to www.espn.com & follow the links to Scott Burnsides article of March 4, 2011......

There is no quote by Hulz or Scruggs at all. Burnside is making a claim that Hulz came away from the meeting with Bolick , "was left with the impression that there were no major issues"

Is this just Burnside making assumptions? Where are the quotes from any of the two parties involved? The entire article was a hit piece and full of conspiracy theory.

And how does that line translate into what GSC2K2 claimed and that you backed "that Scruggs alleged that Bolick had said the deal was good"?

GSC2k2*

In which case the COG does not, in fact, continue to have an asset after 30 years for which they have paid $100 million. My understanding of your point on this issue is that for the $100 million, the COG does not only receive the revenue for the term of the lease, but also retains a durable asset thereafter. Logically, if the parking rights belong to the arena manager, that is not the case.

To repeat: the parking rights belong to the City if the lease is renewed. If not, the arena manager will never again own them. They renounce them under the MH/CoG transaction.

I would be prepared to acknowledge a small discount in the residual value of the rights at this time to reflect the small likelihood that a team which will have been in PHO for 45 years by then, AFTER Hulsizer will have likely been compelled to buy the arena for $40M, might move. Such a discount would be very small, though. Vanishingly small. I suppose it is possible that PHO could be a ghost town in 2041.

I must say that I am a bit surprised that you have chosen not to re-engage on the issue of the "arena management fee". Can I take this as an indication that you agree with my interpretation that Coyotes Team costs are indeed included as eligible expenses for which Hulsizer can claim his fee, even if the rest of the arena operations break even or even make a profit?

But I did re-engage!! :amazed:

Did you not read my reply from yesterday evening? It was a juicy one! ;)

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=31444511#post31444511

Enjoy.

Regarding Hocking vs. Walker and the parking analyses... Beyond the actual parameters, in which case I think that Hocking has used overly optimistic assumptions as I have explained,

I followed your posts closely at the time (as you were dominating the discussion at the time, it would be hard to follow the conversation without reading your views), and I recall no such explanation, and certainly recall nothing of any empirical nature. Is my memory faulty, or did I miss something?

I think we do well not to ignore both the timing and collateral evidence that casts some doubt about Hocking's analysis. Three city councilors (including Martinez, who supports the deal) have been quoted publicly as saying that the $100 million figure was the "transaction cost" required by Hulsizer, and the figures presented to them by city administration were from Hocking, which showed that the city could recoup that amount over 30 years. What is suspicious about Hocking's analysis is not only that it justified the required transaction cost, but also that it was completed 3 weeks after the Walker study. Since the COG had already paid for Walker's study, and had received a professional and credible projection, why wasn't the agreement with Hulsizer based on Walker's assessment? I think it is not illogical to propose the hypothesis that Hulsizer's demand for the parking was $100 million, and the COG needed an analysis that justified that lest they be clearly in violation of the gift clause. The COG's administration compounded this by neglecting to make councilors aware of Walker's study before they voted on the lease. (By the way, previously I worked for several years in government, involving many government analyses and negotiations on large projects, and I can tell you that any civil servant that withheld that sort of information from elected officials before they had to take a decision would have been fired on the spot... no questions asked). In any case, when the COG couldn't get Hulsizer to reduce the transaction cost, they asked Hocking to do another analysis. That his figures essentially matched the $100 million naturally raised some eyebrows, particularly since Hocking has been on an $8000 per month retainer by the COG. You can say that this is irrelevant as much as you like, but I expect that many an observer would find this to be not only odd process, but somewhat suspicious.

I referenced your theories (albeit not mentioning you by name) in a previous post discussing how this meme became the conventional wisdom in my absence. Had I been around, I would have pushed back strongly at this assembly of non-evidence. It was based on what I view IMO as out-of-context statements by councillor Martinez and statements by a councillor who was against the deal and presumably unhappy about being outvoted (councillor Clark), combined with unfounded speculation based on the perfectly normal consultation process.

Since you have worked on large projects, I assume you are familiar with consultants' reports. I further assume that you are familiar with the iterative nature of the consulting process. It is universally standard operating procedure that consultants issue several drafts of a report which the consultant and the client then review and revise as more and more information becomes available or assumptions get adjusted. That is particularly the case when the parties are operating on the fly, as is the case here, but it is SOP either way. Both Walker and Hocking did so (Walker did so as late as the end of January, when it added significantly to its cash flow estimates by adding the missing five years at the end).

Your theories regarding the dates of consultants' reports is fanciful and unsupported, given the above standard process. Rather than attack (as you could have) Hocking's specific estimates, your position simply focuses on the dates of issuance of various versions and casts aspersions on professionals simply on that basis alone. I reject the approach of argument by innuendo.

Your further suggestion that somehow a consultant's report is dubious simply because they are on retainer is spurious and outright distasteful. You are impugning the entire field of consultancy, I hope you realize, as there is no significant consultancy practice that does not have retainer relationships with any number of key clients. I guess when they are on retainer they are full of it, but when they are doing a one-off they suddenly become paragons of their field.

THe rest of your analysis of the credibility of any report was based upon prior assumptions regarding the credibility of the assumptions in the first place, as evidenced above:

Since the COG had already paid for Walker's study, and had received a professional and credible projection, why wasn't the agreement with Hulsizer based on Walker's assessment?

You are opining on the credibility of reports by first assuming that Walker is a credible projection. :help:

THe capper, of course, was the reveal by GWI of a lawsuit where Hocking is one of over a dozen co-defendants in a bond default lawsuit. I read many posts articulating your revulsion. It might interest you to know that .... oh, but I'll wait a little longer. :naughty:

This is, needless to say, the conversation we would have had a while back when this issue was more current (except I would have been much more intemperate than my kinder, gentler me now before you ;) ). It is stale now, but that's the way she goes.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I'm having trouble following ya, K. First, in our society only judges have the power to decide what is legal or illegal, no amount/lack of evidence can give GWI that ability, all they can do is offer an opinion, and if it comes to it, argue that opinion before a judge. And they *have* repeatedly offered their opinion, verbally and on their own letterhead, that in their opinion this deal as it is understood is illegal. There is nothing else for them to do until someone actually signs a lease or tries to move money around.

I agree Dado. My problem with their actions' is that in only offering their "opinion" without arguing its merit in front of a Judge they are by proxy acting as Judge, Jury & Executioner. I too at one time thought, well, they need the Lease, a Money Transfer, but no, they didnt/dont. This is a game of Dirty Pool, not helped by the COG's less than stellar performance & equally egregious nonsense. Simply put, I have a real problem with a lot of these "think tank" types crafting policy & threatening everyone in site with lawsuits & or End of Days scenarios in order to push their agendas' on society & policy. Their Spooks. Plain n' simple Now "tanks", as in Isolation Tanks, Timothy Leary & Stanford, well, thats kinda interesting. But this type?. Septic Tanks, giving off a bad smell, leaking poison. Like that unit youve got up on Buntzen that needs pumping out. :naughty:

GSC2k2*

Sorry Killion, i have been following this as closely as anyone, either provide the link to back that statement up (re Scruggs/Hulz- Bollocks) or I'm going have to call this a load of Bull sht that you and GSC2 are spreading to back your case.

I very rarely ask for links and the likes, but on this one i feel compelled to.

This claim is not a trivial matter, to say that Bollock said the deal was good is a very serious issue that needs to be addressed.

Aren't you being a little presumptuous to state that GWI had all the necessary documents and that they feel the deal is actually legal? All their actions seem to argue to the contrary?

Well, I will choose to ignore the implied assertion that I would knowingly make up facts to support a particular position. I would have thought that, whaetever someone may feel about my positions or my (prior) manner of expression of them, but being accused of making things up is new to me.

Anyway, here you go:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=6179973

GSC2k2*

My question was more along the line of what the deferred expenses were specifically. As you point out, that is a rather incredible amount. Might it have something to do with players' contracts that are front-end loaded?

If it is simply accruals or an impairment however, I'm surprised MH would have mentioned it. Certainly I don't see how the NHL should really care provided they get enough cash to pay down their credit line... it really shouldn't affect the price if it is non-cash.

The front-end loading of player contracts would not have anything to do with it. IT is more a case of permitted depreciation of player contracts when the franchise is transferred and franchise value depreciation. We batted that one around for a good while long ago.

I am a little confused about Sanders' reporting of it. A few days prior, it was an anonymous source. Now she suggested MH is the source? Peculiar reportage.

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007

:laugh:

Weight and heft?

I didn't say anyone's opinion was invalid. This is a discussion board and without opinions it would get boring fast. But I do make the distinction between opinion and fact while others on here like to blur that line from time to time.

I have nothing but respect for our Moderators but there is nothing an HF Board Moderator could possibly tell me that would make me accept third party legal opinions, written anonymously on a hockey message board, as fact instead of opinion.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Well, KJP, this Coyotes fan hopes the sentiment in your last sentence -- (OK, OK, I know it's not your sentiment, but for purposes here, please be willing to suspend disbelief) -- is genuine. :sarcasm:
Actually, it is. I have concerns about the long-term viability of the Coyotes in either market, but if we're looking at it from a 'which area has a higher ceiling' metric, then Glendale is more attractive than Winnipeg, despite the absence of solid ownership - Hulsizer doesn't come off well. In an ideal world, both cities would have teams, though I'm not sure how this saga will play out.

Also, I've already lost a team to another city. I lost the Vancouver Grizzlies in 2001, so I know exactly what you guys are facing, and out here we faced the same kind of condescension from people in 'real' basketball markets you guys are facing now, so I'm definitely rooting for you. Two cities and groups of fans shouldn't pit themselves against one another for a sports team, especially when they have no control over the outcome.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Well, I will choose to ignore the implied assertion that I would knowingly make up facts to support a particular position. I would have thought that, whaetever someone may feel about my positions or my (prior) manner of expression of them, but being accused of making things up is new to me.

Anyway, here you go:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=6179973

Once again GSC2K2 on page 26 post #635 you posted this.

IF Scruggs' allegation that Clint Bolick assured the COG that they were okay with the deal.

Your link provides no incite to this claim at all.

Your claim is a very serious one and it goes toward your credibility here.

Clint Bolick is the lead council for the GWI and you are making a very very important claim that Scruggs made that allegation. You even use the allegation to further your argument in that post.

So i ask you or Killion (who backed your claim) to show proof of such a serious allegation.

Did she make this statement or not? When or where?

Like i have stated before, i very rarely ask for links as proof but i have followed this closely and have read every article , press statement and watched all the press conferences that i know to exist.

This has nothing to do with what opinion you have on the issue , the is about facts, very serious ones i might add regarding this topic. It could very be the heart and soul of the COGs lawsuit.

All i'm asking for is the link to where this allegation was made so I and others can gather all the facts.

Your a lawyer, I'm sure you can appreciate the gravity to such a claim.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Your further suggestion that somehow a consultant's report is dubious simply because they are on retainer is spurious and outright distasteful. You are impugning the entire field of consultancy, I hope you realize, as there is no significant consultancy practice that does not have retainer relationships with any number of key clients. I guess when they are on retainer they are full of it, but when they are doing a one-off they suddenly become paragons of their field.

THe rest of your analysis of the credibility of any report was based upon prior assumptions regarding the credibility of the assumptions in the first place, as evidenced above:

You are opining on the credibility of reports by first assuming that Walker is a credible projection. :help:

THe capper, of course, was the reveal by GWI of a lawsuit where Hocking is one of over a dozen co-defendants in a bond default lawsuit. I read many posts articulating your revulsion. It might interest you to know that .... oh, but I'll wait a little longer. :naughty:

This is, needless to say, the conversation we would have had a while back when this issue was more current (except I would have been much more intemperate than my kinder, gentler me now before you ;) ). It is stale now, but that's the way she goes.

Just a counter-point to the retainer argument.

The fact that Hocking is on retainer with COG is relevant, IMO, although I agree it is fallacy to simply dismiss the report because of that fact. Any entity that seeks to retain a consultant is going to find an agency that tends to interpret numbers in a way that will support its position. As you know, there are many formulas to project future revenues and it strikes me that COG would not retain an agency that would use conservative projections.

Similarly, if GWI ever got around to actually disputing the parking revenue estimates specifically, I would expect them to retain a group that would use a more conservative projections. And I would have a bit of a jaded eye towards their numbers as well.

I don't think the fact of COG retaining Hocking is irrelevant; by the same token it is not dispositive or proof that the report is phony. IMO, it is one of a large number of factors to be used in comparing the two parking projections.

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA

Good Morning, I would suggest that if you had some relevant update to Allstate v. Baird, et al. that you just post it instead of teasing it as a coming attraction. The Hocking angle is essentially irrelevant to the situation anyway. I will never understand why you are compelled to present your posts as major theatrical releases. Perhaps you have visited the Sheen School of Shameless Self Promotion ;)

Anyway, here you go: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=6179973

I thought your statement read pretty clearly: IF Scruggs' allegations that Clint Bolick assured the CoG that they were okay with the deal are true There is no way to interpret that statement as you suggesting the Bolick did indeed make any assurances or that Scruggs' allegations are even accurate. I would say that the poster is more pursuing the point because they disapprove of your manner rather than any content you actually provided.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Given their apparent disdain and dismissive approach to the GWI previously, another plausible explanation is that they could not believe that the threat of a lawsuit by the GWI would have put their bond sale so comprehensively on ice, and when they discovered that nobody was interested in the bonds they realized that they might have underestimated the impact of the legal uncertainty.

Seems the most likely explanation is the one that has been put forward since Day 1 - they're just flat-out incompetent. Looking for "reasons" will be as productive as looking for a pattern in the random flailing of duck wings. Forest, trees, etc...

I would say thats an accurate observation pursuant to Whileee's portraiture of the situation Dado. I too have studied "Mallards in Flight" by Maryott, and can find no discernible patterns, though admittedly, I suffer from a rare Corneal' disease called InaGoddaDavida Anisomatropia. :D

Is this just Burnside making assumptions?

Did you really really read the article?. Or do you too suffer from the same Corneal disease as I?. Are you suggesting Burnsides' a Propagandist?. A Provocateur?. A Purveyor of the Preposterous?. A Peddlar of Prevarications? A Perversion to the very essence of Prima facie assumption?. :help:

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I would say thats an accurate observation pursuant to Whileee's portraiture of the situation Dado. I too have studied "Mallards in Flight" by Maryott, and can find no discernible patterns, though admittedly, I suffer from a rare Corneal' disease called InaGoddaDavida Anisomatropia. :D

Did you really really read the article?. Or do you too suffer from the same Corneal disease as I?. Are you suggesting Burnsides' a Propagandist?. A Provocateur?. A Purveyor of the Preposterous?. A Peddlar of Prevarications? A Perversion to the very essence of Prima facie assumption?. :help:

Killion, I would call you a master at alliteration, but someone will read that and say I am calling you illiterate.

GSC2k2*

Once again GSC2K2 on page 26 post #635 you posted this.

IF Scruggs' allegation that Clint Bolick assured the COG that they were okay with the deal.

Your link provides no incite to this claim at all.

Your claim is a very serious one and it goes toward your credibility here.

Clint Bolick is the lead council for the GWI and you are making a very very important claim that Scruggs made that allegation. You even use the allegation to further your argument in that post.

So i ask you or Killion (who backed your claim) to show proof of such a serious allegation.

Did she make this statement or not? When or where?

Like i have stated before, i very rarely ask for links as proof but i have followed this closely and have read every article , press statement and watched all the press conferences that i know to exist.

This has nothing to do with what opinion you have on the issue , the is about facts, very serious ones i might add regarding this topic. It could very be the heart and soul of the COGs lawsuit.

All i'm asking for is the link to where this allegation was made so I and others can gather all the facts.

Your a lawyer, I'm sure you can appreciate the gravity to such a claim.

I apologize for inadvertently combining in my mind SCruggs' press conference (in which she references Bolick and his satisfaction with the amount of disclosure received) with Burnside's article around the same time in which he referenced the meeting between Hulsizer and Bolick when:

Hulsizer outlined the deal at that point and was left with the impression that there were no major issues.

So, it was not Scruggs to whom Bolick communicated this; it was (as I read the article) Hulsizer to who Bolick communicated this.

Are you suggesting that it is a material difference whether he communicated this to Scruggs to Hulsizer? IF so, I am afraid I disagree.

Are you then suggesting that there is a material difference between how I originally paraphrased the Burnside report and how it reads in the article (which, BTW, WAS posted in this thread for all to read when it came out)? If so, again I disagree. How do you suggest was it that Hulsizer was left with that impression? Bolick's subtle body language?

Good Morning, I would suggest that if you had some relevant update to Allstate v. Baird, et al. that you just post it instead of teasing it as a coming attraction. The Hocking angle is essentially irrelevant to the situation anyway. I will never understand why you are compelled to present your posts as major theatrical releases. Perhaps you have visited the Sheen School of Shameless Self Promotion ;)

Oh, it is not about Allstate. I am just torn as to whether to raise it, about a topic which was so reprehensible to begin with (that is, the smear campaign against Hocking, and this Board's gleeful reaction to same).

Point acknowledged about Sheen, etc. ;)

I thought your statement read pretty clearly: IF Scruggs' allegations that Clint Bolick assured the CoG that they were okay with the deal are true There is no way to interpret that statement as you suggesting the Bolick did indeed make any assurances or that Scruggs' allegations are even accurate. I would say that the poster is more pursuing the point because they disapprove of your manner rather than any content you actually provided.

See above. Faltorvo does not need you or anyone else to explain his/her posts. He/she is plenty articulate on his/her own.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Making the statements (and inaccurate ones, as they were) to the investment community do not ensure that the transaction will not complete . . . And that, dear friend, is what in my view the law calls an actionable tort. it is intentional interference with economic relations on its face.

Not unless they use an illegal, unlawful or improper means.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

Yes i have read the article many times.

Page 27 post #670 you stated in rebuttal to one of my posts.

"Recently, both she and Hulsizer claimed they had conversations with Bolick in December pre-vote of Dec 14 & he was fine with the deal from a conceptual perspective."

There are no quotes to such claims at all from either of them anywhere.

So again, is this Burnsides assumption or is there any proof such serious statements have been made?

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Thanks Mork. Its nice to know were nothing more than a panacea, a distraction for your deviated septum.... I too suffer from the same malady, the source for which Im sure I have "no earthly idea"....

I do make time to follow this story when my sinus is not bothering me, becuase it's fun and entertaining, but that's only time I ever have to read the countless previous posts. Basically, if it not in the first or last few pages I'll probably miss it.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I would say that the poster is more pursuing the point because they disapprove of your manner rather than any content you actually provided.

Then I guess the OP has an even bigger problem, because Im named in the same suit. The proofs' been provided, and I for one have no interest in belaboring the point..... 2 words for you CF; Tortious Interference. Geez. Who'da thunk they'd pull that card?. :huh:

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Now 1:50 left in the third, GWI leads by 6.

I guess it must depend on which section you're sitting in, but that's how I see the scoreboard too.

If I were Darcy Olsen I would come to work tomorrow saying "Bring it on!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad