Player Discussion Phillip Danault: What's My Line Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Another great performance from the 6 million dollar baby !

Can't shoot, can't pass, hands of stone and now he can't defend anymore...

Useless prick.
He makes 3m which was a f***ing discount for his services the last two seasons and he's certainly not the reason we lost tonight but go on with your gratuitous hatred.

Reactions: Belial

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
He makes 3m which was a f***ing discount for his services the last two seasons and he's certainly not the reason we lost tonight but go on with your gratuitous hatred.

He's making 3,083 smart ass, I'm talking about the fact that he refused a 5M contract.
He cost at least one goal tonight and can't do anything offensively.

"...gratuitous hatred." Did you watch the game ? He was putrid again tonight.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
He's making 3,083 smart ass, I'm talking about the fact that he refused a 5M contract.
He cost at least one goal tonight and can't do anything offensively.

"...gratuitous hatred." Did you watch the game ? He was putrid again tonight.
Chiarot was putrid. Price was bad. Edmonston was bad. Danault was not why we lost tonight.

And just for fun look at where Danault takes his face-offs and which lines he plays against, and reflect on who else on the team could do that right now.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Chiarot was putrid. Price was bad. Edmonston was bad. Danault was not why we lost tonight.

And just for fun look at where Danault takes his face-offs and which lines he plays against, and reflect on who else on the team could do that right now.

Yes, they were bad too, but it's Danault's thread, so we are talking about him only.

Toronto has two pretty good lines, one with Marner and Matt and one with Tavares and Nylander, which means that another Habs C was playing against one of these two lines and he did not look as bad as Danault...

He was our worst C again tonight, since last year's playoffs he's outplayed by kids, it's shameful.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006

Awful turnover on the first leafs goal and a pathetic, low effort line change on the 3rd. Not to mention however many other turnovers he made. The guy doesn’t even hustle anymore, a complete passenger.

he’s not shutting anything down right now, looks like a lazy, shell of his former self. I’d send him a wake up call and make him spend a night in the press box. Maybe then he’ll start giving a shit again.

I don’t understand the reason to defend a guy that is so clearly dogging it out there on the ice

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

''Danault was not the reason we lost tonight''

Except the 10 turn overs a period , 33% of faceoff win tonight While suzuki is at 53.3% , Kotkaniemi 43% and Evans 75%.

Do you even watch the game , what a terrible take.

You probably saw him with 1 of his 4 faceoff tonight and say '' he played a pretty good game overall''.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
He's bought his ticket out of town, good riddance. He's a third line center that's been blessed by the coach playing him with the teams best wingers over the past 2 years. He can't create his own offence and his lack of O-zone skills along with lackadaisical defensive zone play lately is actively costing the team games now.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
Awful turnover on the first leafs goal and a pathetic, low effort line change on the 3rd. Not to mention however many other turnovers he made. The guy doesn’t even hustle anymore, a complete passenger.

he’s not shutting anything down right now, looks like a lazy, shell of his former self. I’d send him a wake up call and make him spend a night in the press box. Maybe then he’ll start giving a shit again.

I don’t understand the reason to defend a guy that is so clearly dogging it out there on the ice

Was it Danault and Gallagher going off on a change? I just remember seeing Tatar shaking his head at the end there (though to be fair it seemed like a 3v3 at the goal). Still, a bad change when the puck is going into your zone.

That first goal was just pathetic by all four players, hope to never see that combo on a 4v4 again

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Was it Danault and Gallagher going off on a change? I just remember seeing Tatar shaking his head at the end there (though to be fair it seemed like a 3v3 at the goal). Still, a bad change when the puck is going into your zone.

That first goal was just pathetic by all four players, hope to never see that combo on a 4v4 again

That 3rd goal was a 3 on 2 because of a lazy change. Danault was past centre ice before 2 out of the 3 Leafs players involved on that play, but he glided back for a change and the Habs never recovered.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That 3rd goal was a 3 on 2 because of a lazy change. Danault was past centre ice before 2 out of the 3 Leafs players involved on that play, but he glided back for a change and the Habs never recovered.

Plus he's the reason why the Leafs got possession lmao. Real Selke center.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020

Thanks! Yeah wow that's an awful change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad