Player Discussion Phillip Danault - The Centermania Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
But Danault faces 15% more better lines in general, over a year season. And faces best pairing D 15% plus over a season, right?

Where is the 15% from ? Even strength ice-time is fluid and there's no set numbers available. Danault and Suzuki probably face the same level of talent over a season, if Suzuki plays top 6 for the whole year.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Actually 20th most TOTAL assists and 29th last year.

That stat includes his relative weakness on PP.

He's 9th in ES assists this year. And when you mention the guys ahead of him, certain people then complain that he is being compared to stars. Ridiculous.
Just give it up, honestly you bring good points but the team is a failure and Danault's usage right in the middle of it. When Danault is slumping he should be demoted, especially during our multiple losing streaks, I bet any of our centers end up in the + with Tatar and Gallagher on their wings.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Where is the 15% from ? Even strength ice-time is fluid and there's no set numbers available. Danault and Suzuki probably face the same level of talent over a season, if Suzuki plays top 6 for the whole year.
Read again your book of nhl hockey. 15% better opposition is a conservative number, it's more than that.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Just give it up, honestly you bring good points but the team is a failure and Danault's usage right in the middle of it. When Danault is slumping he should be demoted, especially during our multiple losing streaks, I bet any of our centers end up in the + with Tatar and Gallagher on their wings.
The problems of the Canadiens are everywhere and not espacially the Danault's line. There is a ton of bad players if you look elsewhere of Danault. If all the centers of the Habs were equal of Danault this team would make the PO.

The main problem of the Habs is the bad defence, followed by the non existant second goalie, and the so and so 2nd to 4th line. Lehkonen playing top 6-top 9 will end up season with 9 goals and 30 pts. We have only 3 defensemen, the rest is crap, etc. Danault would be perfect behind a real first center but he does a decent job with his wingers, we call that chemistry. What other line have chemistry in the Habs?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Danault isn't holding anyone back. Last year, when Domi was hotter, he played more minutes at ES and PP than Danault.

Unfortunately, we are missing two more top-6 wingers, some stronger D and better goaltending.

If we had to build from within, without MAJOR trades, we would have to hope Romanov can become a top-4 D, and Mete-Fleury a solid 5/6. Caufield would have to be able to score at the NHL level, and KK ready to become a 60 point player within two years.

The following group should do better, while the youngsters including Domi, develop.

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Kovalchuk-Domi-Suzuki
Poehling-Kotkaniemi-Caufield
Lehkonen-Evans-Armia

Chiarot-Weber
Romanov-Petry
Mete-Fleury

Drouin and Byron would be moved for more picks and prospects
Kulak would be 7th D

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

This is true.

The only time Gallys line were negatives were 17/18 and 15/16, hes just one of the best play driver in hockey.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
How is Poehling worthy of playing on a 3rd line in the NHL right now.

He filled a jersey alright this year.
It's really for another year away I think. Caufield may need a year too. That lineup is a goal to reach, but I understand how having Kovalchuk there as a talent stopgap could have made you think otherwise.

I'm a bit conflicted, LOL

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Lmfao. Article compares a pure playmaker with a career high of 13G who plays with two solid goal scoring wingers to the TRIGGERMEN on other team's top lines (Stamkos, Pastrnak, Kucherov) on the basis of 5v5 assists.

Like yeah fantastic, great, awesome, Danault has 2 more 5v5 asssists than Pastrnak. But Pastrnak has THIRTY FIVE MORE GOALS. Pastrnak has two less goals this season than Danault does in his entire career!

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Suzuki is our 1C, of the future
Maybe, but I think he might more likely be our 2C or 2RW or even 1RW.

I might try this for one year while Caufield learns the pro game in Laval:

Kovalchuk-Domi-Suzuki
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

Reactions: JAPPO

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Maybe, but I think he might more likely be our 2C or 2RW or even 1RW.

I might try this for one year while Caufield learns the pro game in Laval:

Kovalchuk-Domi-Suzuki
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen
sure, drafted as C, played his whole Jr at C, played most of his 1st pro year at C but hey! let's put him at wing for one year cause another player is not ready yet... :help::help:

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
July is going to be interesting .
How much does Danault along with Tatar, Petry and Gallagher all end up with .

Pageau Contract seems to be a comparison for Danault but if articles keep coming out comparing him to McDavid :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
sure, drafted as C, played his whole Jr at C, played most of his 1st pro year at C but hey! let's put him at wing for one year cause another player is not ready yet... :help::help:
Suzuki played some of his Junior at RW. And the player I meant to bring in for one year while Caufield is in Laval was Kovalchuk.

Finally, the Suzuki-Domi-Kovalchuk line is kind of malleable. On right side draws, it is Domi-Suzuki-Kovalchuk, and moving up ice, any of the three can carry the puck.

The point is to have Suzuki play on a top two line, the position matters less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad