Player Discussion Phillip Danault - The Centermania Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Maybe, but I think he might more likely be our 2C or 2RW or even 1RW.

I might try this for one year while Caufield learns the pro game in Laval:

Kovalchuk-Domi-Suzuki
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

That third line would be Lehkonen - Evans - Byron, if you follow the likeliest LW/RW deployment but, I'd also consider Lehkonen - Poehling -Byron with Evans as a 13th forward over Weal.

However, with that lineup and Julien as head coach, his depth chart for the lineup will likely be, even if the top-6 minutes are relatively close between the two lines:

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Kovalchuk-Domi-Suzuki
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

I know this is a proposition without trades but, I suspect one of Domi or Drouin gets shipped out for immediate help on LD.

Ideally, for the medium term, at least, Mon would be better off signing a younger, prouctive RHD to replace Petry (a few years younger than Petry would help, even if it would mean leaving Chiarot unprotected in the expansion draft). We could/would then trade Petry for a pick and/or a near NHL-ready LW prospect with skill and some size to replace Kovalchuk later on in the year or the following year.

A team deep at LD might also want/need a 3rd-pairing LD coming back in a trade and MON has the serviceable Mete to offer as part of a trade package.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
.. with that lineup and Julien as head coach, his depth chart for the lineup will likely be, even if the top-6 minutes are relatively close between the two lines:

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Kovalchuk-Domi-Suzuki
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

I know this is a proposition without trades but, I suspect one of Domi or Drouin gets shipped out for immediate help on LD.
Domi has the higher ceiling, and so I would rather keep him and trade Drouin.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
We all know that there would be no threads (and criticism) about Danault IF he was NOT a French Quebecer player....

Trying to convince some folks that he is a very good (not great) and very useful player is like trying to convince Flat-Eathers that the planet is a sphere. Just a waste of time.
Actually earth is not a sphere. It is an oblate spheroid due to its spin and bulging.

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Suzuki played some of his Junior at RW. And the player I meant to bring in for one year while Caufield is in Laval was Kovalchuk.

Finally, the Suzuki-Domi-Kovalchuk line is kind of malleable. On right side draws, it is Domi-Suzuki-Kovalchuk, and moving up ice, any of the three can carry the puck.

The point is to have Suzuki play on a top two line, the position matters less.
you havent watch Kovalchuk play this season.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
you havent watch Kovalchuk play this season.
Yes I have. He is more dynamic and provides more talent than most of our wingers, and he has size.

He's producing all year, including his time in LA, at an almost 50 point pace combined.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
In a well run franchise, he'd be a gem...

If he has a good agent, his next contract will make him an expensive luxury we can't justify

Reactions: LaP

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Actually his play with us looked better than his stats.

He generated scoring chances. Most of our wingers generate less.
not really no, he did with us more or less like he did with L.A.

decent production in the first dozen of games or so, and then very little...

wanna guess what will happen with WSH ??

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Maybe, but I think he might more likely be our 2C or 2RW or even 1RW.

I might try this for one year while Caufield learns the pro game in Laval:

Kovalchuk-Domi-Suzuki
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher

Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

Too small and not enough skilled.

We should really do a leap of faith with either Suzuki or JK. Danault / Domi duo is going nowhere and this is slowly becoming DD / Plekanec 2.0 as a i predicted 2 years ago.

Reactions: Mrb1p

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Yes I have. He is more dynamic and provides more talent than most of our wingers, and he has size.

He's producing all year, including his time in LA, at an almost 50 point pace combined.

Radulov's still effective, but he's in the declining phase of his career.

He works to help the Capitals be a better contender, but he wouldn't have that effect on the Habs. However, if Bergevin makes the same use of him next year it will be a plus. Have him be a winger for Suzuki for the sake of skills development, and then ship him off at the deadline.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
A big day has come for some people....it's not official...but Danault is NOT practicing with Gallagher this morning!!!!!

Reactions: Andrei79

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
A big day has come for some people....it's not official...but Danault is NOT practicing with Gallagher this morning!!!!!
I'm blown away...no joke.

Took about 70 games but Claude Julien is finally coaching lol

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I'm blown away...no joke.

Took about 70 games but Claude Julien is finally coaching lol

images

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
I just saw a post on Facebook that says Domi will play on the 1st line with Gally and Hudon, Suzuki 2nd line C and Danault as the 3rd line C. IS THIS REAL LIFE?

EDIT : It's at the practice for today tho, things can change before next game.

Jul 6, 2016
I just saw a post on Facebook that says Domi will play on the 1st line with Gally and Hudon, Suzuki 2nd line C and Danault as the 3rd line C. IS THIS REAL LIFE?

EDIT : It's at the practice for today tho, things can change before next game.

There are all 3rd lines for me.....

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
... ?

Danault played with

Tatar-Gally in 19/20
Tatar-Gally in 18/19
Pacioretty-Shaw in 17-18
Pacioretty-Radulov in 16-17

I mean...
Drouin had Gally a lot, plus Galchenyuk a lot too. Drouin's wingers were our top wingers.

Danault also played only 52 games.

If you want to say Danault had a top-6 role, fine, but you can't say he "took the best wingers" since our two highest scoring wingers were with Drouin.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Drouin had Gally a lot, plus Galchenyuk a lot too. Drouin's wingers were our top wingers.

Danault also played only 52 games.

If you want to say Danault had a top-6 role, fine, but you can't say he "took the best wingers" since our two highest scoring wingers were with Drouin.
He was literally with the teams best winger, captain and multiple time 30+ goalscorer ? How hard are you spinning facts here ?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He was literally with the teams best winger, captain and multiple time 30+ goalscorer ? How hard are you spinning facts here ?

Pacioretty 17 goals, Shaw 10 goals

Gallagher 31 goals, Galchenyuk 19 goals

You are being impossible. If he had played with Gallahger, you would have said Gallagher was the best winger, I have no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad