Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Almost all closers get hit at times, Philly fans are spoiled by Tug in 1980 and Lidge in 2008.

But that kind of run is rare, what's more important is getting the bullpen as a whole on track, b/c a lot of PO games are going to have 3-4 innings of RPs that have to hold the fort.

Johnson was a sacrificial lamb, 2nd year after TJ, still building up stamina and needs to work on his secondary pitches - he had just been promoted to AAA. Unusual career, SS in JC, was converted to pitching at an older age, so between that and TJ surgery, has more upside than the usual 25 year old prospect. Should add a little velo next year and get stronger, but needs to sharpen his slider and changeup to be a starter, and maybe add a 2 seamer.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It wasn’t just Lidge. Romero, Madson, & Durbin were really good too. Even guys like Condrey & Eyre were relatively solid too beyond your four main high level guys.

They probably had the best bullpen in baseball that year even by the numbers. It’s probably how they mitigated the fact that beyond Hamels & Moyer they didn’t really have much of a starting rotation.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yes, we get a game a round regardless but we get first dibs at picking which game we want to go to OR which partial plan for next season
Getting back around to this... do you know what way everyone else is leaning? I'd say if you liked Sunday games, i'd grab that package. The rest are pretty much interchangeable.

World Series Game Three is probably the best choice you could make. That would be either game five or game six of the World Series.

Reactions: Danko

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Annnnnd Ranger gives it right back. He's pitched himself out of the NLDS rotation for me. He's pretty clearly behind Sanchez now.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ranger is f***ing cooked. Not a single plus pitch in his arsenal at the moment.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
And now Kyle leaves the game with an injury.

They cant go one game without an injury.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Getting back around to this... do you know what way everyone else is leaning? I'd say if you liked Sunday games, i'd grab that package. The rest are pretty much interchangeable.

World Series Game Three is probably the best choice you could make. That would be either game five or game six of the World Series.

This is what i was thinking. The season package doesnt really matter to us because we have to struggle to find baby sitters anyway and nothing is conveniant. We had second pick this year and just chose randomly.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why did Rob let him get the sixth? He’s been getting whacked around all game, know how to quit when you’re ahead.
Because he doesn't want to burn out his bullpen.
Given every 5th start is a bullpen game, he needs the other starters to get to the 6th-7th inning.

They also need Ranger to work through this if he can - he's been lights out in the post-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad