Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As shitty as this game has been, they were only down 2 going into the 8th. Bringing in Johan Ruiz effectively threw in the towel..and right on queue he allows a 2 run homer and the game is over.

This better be the last game Ruiz ever pitches for the Phillies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This McFarland guy is in his 12th year in the majors, always as a reliever, and he’s setting career highs for appearances in July

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Suarez's velocity has been down this year. Maybe he was 0.5 to 1 mph slower tonight than usual? Just eyeballed the Gameday numbers. Was still working around to 92 on his four seamer and 91 on his sinker at times, which are his averages so far.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
This game was lost when they left like 6 or 7 runners on base in the first few innings while only scoring 1.

Ranger wasn't good, and they need to fix that, but the offense stagnated. Can't expect that to be the case most nights going forward

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This game was lost when they left like 6 or 7 runners on base in the first few innings while only scoring 1.

Ranger wasn't good, and they need to fix that, but the offense stagnated. Can't expect that to be the case most nights going forward

They drew 5 walks in the 1st three innings and somehow only scored 1 run. Just one of those nights. Im less concerned with the loss and more concerned with Ranger.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Trade Painter ++ for him? That was a conversation on the radio I caught today. I've never seen him before tonight, but that was impressive.
He’s amazing but trading premium assets for a closer that may or may not be a ticking time bomb is risky.

I’d probably take some combo of Painter, Miller, Crawford, and maybe whoever they pick tomorrow. Abel too I guess but the star has dimmed there.

Caba has 34 SB in 44 games. Plus contact, defense, and baserunning. Potential superstar if he has any power?
Power is a big if but he was getting top 100 hype before playing a game in the US so yeah if he can hit even a little he’s a star.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Well, pitching is collapsing late again. Kerk only manages 1 out after coming in before being pulled. Not ideal

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad