Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2023 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
The Astros are going back. I think MLB needs to scrap the LCS and LDS. Give byes to the teams with the best records

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Astros are going back. I think MLB needs to scrap the LCS and LDS. Give byes to the teams with the best records
Totally agree. Winning your division should get you into the playoffs but when it comes to byes and homefield it should be best record. The Braves had 17 less wins than the Dodgers two years ago and had homefield. That's not fair.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Totally agree. Winning your division should get you into the playoffs but when it comes to byes and homefield it should be best record. The Braves had 17 less wins than the Dodgers two years ago and had homefield. That's not fair.
Funny thing is they do that for the World Series.

Astros are 90-72 and the #2 seed in the AL and have a first-round bye. The Phillies are 90-72 and the #4 seed in the NL and host the WC series against the Marlins.

If the Astros and Phillies were to meet in the World Series the Phillies would be the home-field advantage as they own the tie-breaker over Houston (2-1 series win this year)

Reactions: Halladay

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Funny thing is they do that for the World Series.

Astros are 90-72 and the #2 seed in the AL and have a first-round bye. The Phillies are 90-72 and the #4 seed in the NL and host the WC series against the Marlins.

If the Astros and Phillies were to meet in the World Series the Phillies would be the home-field advantage as they own the tie-breaker over Houston (2-1 series win this year)
I guess I can understand that cause that was before interleague play. Yup, todays win was big for that reason. if the Phillies somehow make it back and arent playing the Os or Rays they have homefield. Though against the Astros that might be a bad thing as they have been terrible at minute maid. Losing record this season. The Rangers choked but not enough to miss the playoffs. They started off 40-20 and went 49-53 the last 102 games.

Reactions: Rebels57

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
F7cI9Z5XcAAbwBT

I don’t want to know why this exists. It’s the most cursed image I’ve ever seen.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Luzardo and Garrett can be tough. The top end of the Marlins' bullpen is also good. I could see a sweep happening if the both starters can go 6 innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad