Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2023 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Man, Schilling is such a POS for breaking the news about Wakefield when the family wasn't ready to talk about it.
“Tim Wakefield, you remember Tim Wakefield, the knuckleballer, is sick,” Schilling said of the 57-year-old retired athlete. “And I talked with [former Red Sox pitcher] Doug Mirabelli yesterday, and this is not a message that Tim has asked anyone to share, and I don’t even know if he wants it shared, but as a Christian and as a man of faith I’ve seen prayer work and so I’m going to talk about it.”

Ho lee f***

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
“Tim Wakefield, you remember Tim Wakefield, the knuckleballer, is sick,” Schilling said of the 57-year-old retired athlete. “And I talked with [former Red Sox pitcher] Doug Mirabelli yesterday, and this is not a message that Tim has asked anyone to share, and I don’t even know if he wants it shared, but as a Christian and as a man of faith I’ve seen prayer work and so I’m going to talk about it.”

Ho lee f***

• Love
Reactions: DancingPanther

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas

Ho lee f***
Absolutely terrible. I often argue that the only thing keeping Schilling out of the HOF is how much of a prick he is, which I don't think should matter much, but holy shit is he enough of a prick that it probably matters haha

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Negative run differential while the Padres are +97 and have no chance of getting in. Crazy.
Not that I need to say it but there's going to be an AL team that's like 15 games over .500 and missing the playoffs

My actual real non shitposting thoughts? If their bullpen is playoff average, the Phils successfully defend their pennant.

The bullpen will be the limiting reagent

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Absolutely terrible. I often argue that the only thing keeping Schilling out of the HOF is how much of a prick he is, which I don't think should matter much, but holy shit is he enough of a prick that it probably matters haha
Wasn't it Terry Francona who said Schilling is a horse every 5th day, and a horse's ass all other days

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Ho lee f***
Schilling is a f***ing douchbag fake Christian pos.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Minnesota has only played 70 games against teams over 0.500 while Boston is closing in on 100. The AL Central was dog shit. Maybe a team shouldn't be awarded a playoff spot for being king of turd mountain. Though, I think the new format accounts for weak division winners better than the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad