Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: Red October (2024 Edition)

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
There’s one out there that’s probably nsfw. An entire ball bag is visible. :laugh:
And they are this see thru before even getting wet...

First rain...

8gs4az.jpg
8gs4az.jpg

Last edited:

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Actually fire.

$45 dollars for a hat? wtf. That thing probably costs them 3 dollars to make

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004

I'm predicting either a lot of home runs or a lot of strike outs.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
i will never understand this athletes and the demand for money! Its stupid!

I understand that the owners earn soooo much more. But its stupid to pay a guy like Montgomery such money only because he is a free agent. But Pitchers like Suarez 3,0! Or Bohm 4.0!

The system is stupid and need to be worked over in my eyes. But it will not happen, so i should stop thinking about that!

Reactions: BiggE

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
i will never understand this athletes and the demand for money! Its stupid!

I understand that the owners earn soooo much more. But its stupid to pay a guy like Montgomery such money only because he is a free agent. But Pitchers like Suarez 3,0! Or Bohm 4.0!

The system is stupid and need to be worked over in my eyes. But it will not happen, so i should stop thinking about that!
The athletes, well at least their agents, aren’t dumb. The GMs, OTOH, are morons but even they appear to be geniuses compared to team owners.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Baseball’s salary system is very pro owner. Free agency is decided based on service time rather than age like the NHL (NHL has a combo rule for players who starts prior to 20). Because of this team's can manipulate service time by keeping a player in the minors longer than he should be to get an extra year of team control. And good luck getting a big contract if you make your debut at 25. First three seasons at the league minimum (lower than hockey's iirc). Next three seasons you are arbitration eligible (and they will take you there if they don't get their number) where you can earn a lot more, but you are still capped by the system. And unless you sign a team friendly extension, a player is on a one year contract every year until free agency. So if you underperform or get hurt, good chance you are getting cut and signing a minimum deal with another team the following year. And then because of the system, most guys that hit free agency are 30+ and teams know aging curves so there is little desire for teams to give long term contracts. And only about 10 teams in the league spend money in free agency so markets dry up pretty quick and that's why we have guys waiting for contracts in March. Oh and if you sign certain free agents you lose draft picks which also disincentivizes teams to spend. You have to go through hell and back to hit free agency and have a market as a player. You have to take advantage of it.

Not to mention the "wages" they paid their minor leaguers for years. It's a scummy sport. Never be "pro" owner.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Baseball’s salary system is very pro owner. Free agency is decided based on service time rather than age like the NHL (NHL has a combo rule for players who starts prior to 20). Because of this team's can manipulate service time by keeping a player in the minors longer than he should be to get an extra year of team control. And good luck getting a big contract if you make your debut at 25. First three seasons at the league minimum (lower than hockey's iirc). Next three seasons you are arbitration eligible (and they will take you there if they don't get their number) where you can earn a lot more, but you are still capped by the system. And unless you sign a team friendly extension, a player is on a one year contract every year until free agency. So if you underperform or get hurt, good chance you are getting cut and signing a minimum deal with another team the following year. And then because of the system, most guys that hit free agency are 30+ and teams know aging curves so there is little desire for teams to give long term contracts. And only about 10 teams in the league spend money in free agency so markets dry up pretty quick and that's why we have guys waiting for contracts in March. Oh and if you sign certain free agents you lose draft picks which also disincentivizes teams to spend. You have to got through hell and back to hit free agency and have a market as a player. You have to take advantage of it.

Not to mention the "wages" they paid their minor leaguers for years. It's a scummy sport. Never be "pro" owner.
Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad