OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Wheels and Sarge out.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Except he can't figure out how to add talent to the roster.

I didn't say he wasn't a moron. Though to be honest the only talent we're going to get at this point is through trades...but he refuses to trade out older players....cause he's a moron...and if he does trade someone, the return will probably suck...cause he's a moron.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I didn't say he wasn't a moron. Though to be honest the only talent we're going to get at this point is through trades...but he refuses to trade out older players....cause he's a moron...and if he does trade someone, the return will probably suck...cause he's a moron.

Truth is in bold

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
If you want to compete in any sport it's all about developing your own talent and having the sense to walk away when that talent prices itself out. Then supplement that talent with smart free agent expenditures.

The Phillies are 5 years from being competitive if they commit to the rebuild process soon. We can probably still make use of Hamels in that timeframe, so that wasn't the worst signing, but we need to develop our young talent and stay clear of any trade where we give away prospects nor any free agent deal longer than 3 years.

This season, I 100% support dealing Rollins, Lee and Papelbon for young prospects. If Utley really want to go down with the ship, whatever... Howard can be the anchor that drags us down.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
I don't care what you think fair is, he is not a $150m player. That is a horrible contract. He had one great year where he hit half of his career HR's...I'm sure that wasn't a fluke..

He was tied for 65th last year in Wrc+ with other $100m+ players Chase Headley, Chris Carter, and Kyle Seager.

His wOBA was better, 54th, and sandwich between such stars as Will Venable and Starling Marte, as was his OPS among OF's.

He's also now on the wrong side of 30 with one good season, and one fluke season under his belt. That is not a $150m player. If that's a $150m than we all have got to be worth a couple hundred K, right?

I was saying the Byrd contract was fair- not necessarily Ellsbury's. But you left out the part where Ellsbury stole 50 bases and plays a good CF. I wouldn't have wanted the Phillies to give him a contract that long either, but I'm also not surprised that he got it from somewhere.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
I was saying the Byrd contract was fair- not necessarily Ellsbury's. But you left out the part where Ellsbury stole 50 bases and plays a good CF. I wouldn't have wanted the Phillies to give him a contract that long either, but I'm also not surprised that he got it from somewhere.

I wasn't talking to you really, just venting about idiotic contracts :laugh:

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
What contract is worse? Cano or Ellsbury?

Probably Cano because it's almost $100m more and they don't have Yankees money in Seattle. At least I think they dont'. I'm pretty sure the owner of the Seahawks has uber amounts of money, but I don't know if he owns any part of the Mariners.

It's absolutely ridiculous that every FA contract being signed is immediately being called a bad move. These contracts are out of hand.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The Mariners are owned by Nintendo of America. No idea how much money they get compared to Nintendo itself but they definitely have money to burn. I'm just arguing with some Yankees fans about Ellsbury's contract being "fine" and them laughing at Cano's.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Ellsbury is way worse. Cano is actually a good player and a difference maker. Way too long, but I'd take the hit on the first 5 years because you'll get an elite player.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
The Mariners are owned by Nintendo of America. No idea how much money they get compared to Nintendo itself but they definitely have money to burn. I'm just arguing with some Yankees fans about Ellsbury's contract being "fine" and them laughing at Cano's.

Neither are good. Cano has been a great player for 5 years now, but the contract is too much money for too long. Ellsbury to me hasn't done anything to really warrant a $150m contract.

flyersguy33*

Logan Morrison likely becoming available. Look for Ruben to go after him :sarcasm:....maybe

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Not going to get much other than salary relief.

At this point doesn't it make more sense to try to trade him in season? His value has got to be low now, and granted it could go lower, but if all you're going to get right now is salary relief why not see if he can up his value some?

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Jesus, Amaro!

That ship sank a long time ago. Should have traded him when he had a little value.

Would've been nice.

But I don't give a crap. I'll take a box of chocolates for him at this point. Just get him off the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad