OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Wheels and Sarge out.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Don't sully Homer's good name by associating him with Amaro.

Agreed. Amaro is possibly the worst gm in sports. Admits he doesn't like stats and has turned a team from perennial world series contender into straight mediocrity. How he still has a job baffles me as his teams have always failed expectations. And this year is going to be brutal, 4th or 5th place finish imo with a top 5 payroll. Such a joke, Amaro turned this team into the mets.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Agreed. Amaro is possibly the worst gm in sports. Admits he doesn't like stats and has turned a team from perennial world series contender into straight mediocrity. How he still has a job baffles me as his teams have always failed expectations. And this year is going to be brutal, 4th or 5th place finish imo with a top 5 payroll. Such a joke, Amaro turned this team into the mets.

Comparing Holmgren to Amaro is disgusting.

Yeah, I'm no where close to Holmgren's biggest fan, but Amaro is 10 times worse. Holmgren has his strengths, but I couldn't tell you one thing I like about Amaro.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
That Brown + Papelbon isn't a terrible idea, except you will get nothing out of it, because you are sweetening a crappy Papelbon deal with your only asset.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Rather add money to sweeten a deal than another asset. I have no faith in Ruben to make a good trade. His moves for players have been pretty good, but he hasn't been able to sell anyone as of yet.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Hamels??? Somebody take the god damn keys away from Reuben, he's had waaaaay too much to drink. Good god that better be an exaggeration.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well between the constant dick measuring contest between the Eagles franchise and the Phillies it wouldn't surprise me if they did something like this to take news away from the Eagles.

Chinatown88

348 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 3m
cliff lee and cole hamels are out there on trade market, as buster olney said. further words: phillies wont eat any $.

Can we take away the keys from Amaro before he does anything crazy?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Sources say that Phillies will eat no money in any deal.

Honestly though, is Lee & Hamels contract that outrageous for what they bring? They are elite, if any team takes them they are winning the deal every day of the week regardless of their salaries.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Lee I get shopping. He's old and getting older. Hamels is still young enough that he should be held on to. I'd prefer to keep both, but if Lee can be flipped for a stud young pitcher or maybe a stud OF or SS prospect, I'd be cool with it.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
That Brown + Papelbon isn't a terrible idea, except you will get nothing out of it, because you are sweetening a crappy Papelbon deal with your only asset.

Everything after the first comma is exactly why it is a terrible idea. If you ditch your best asset just to get rid of a contract that you couldn't wait to throw at a guy after just two years, it's the same as admitting to the entire baseball world that you are completely incompetent as a GM. For that reason, I doubt it will happen. Also, they would be sacrificing future wins to save some cash and that hasn't been the team's M.O. recently.

If it does happen, I'll pretty much enter into a blind rage.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Now hold on here with the D-Brown and Pappelbon deals. This could turn out OK. Hear me out. Brown and Pap are flipped for a young pitching prospect, which I don't think is out of the question. The extra money is used to sign one of the Garzas or Jimenezes that are out there and maybe a Nelson Cruz or Choo (if he is still out there...or both maybe??). Lineup looks something like this:

Revere (CF)
Choo (RF)
Utley (2B)
Howard (1B)
Cruz (LF)
J-Roll (SS)
Asche (3B)
Chooch (C)

Hamels
Lee
Jimenez
Gonzalez
Pettibone/Kendrick/Maybe the young prospect acquired in the Paps deal

Highly unlikely, but you never know what these guys have cooking.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Now hold on here with the D-Brown and Pappelbon deals. This could turn out OK. Hear me out. Brown and Pap are flipped for a young pitching prospect, which I don't think is out of the question. The extra money is used to sign one of the Garzas or Jimenezes that are out there and maybe a Nelson Cruz or Choo (if he is still out there...or both maybe??). Lineup looks something like this:

Revere (CF)
Choo (RF)
Utley (2B)
Howard (1B)
Cruz (LF)
J-Roll (SS)
Asche (3B)
Chooch (C)

Hamels
Lee
Jimenez
Gonzalez
Pettibone/Kendrick/Maybe the young prospect acquired in the Paps deal

Highly unlikely, but you never know what these guys have cooking.

The biggest problem that i see is your first 4 hitters hit from the left side. The only full time right handed hitters are Cruz and Chooch. Very lopsided

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Choo walks too much. Do NOT want.

Joking?

The biggest problem that i see is your first 4 hitters hit from the left side. The only full time right handed hitters are Cruz and Chooch. Very lopsided

Yeah that's true. Maybe put J-Roll back at the leadoff spot and hope that the fact that other players are hitting behind him will give him more patience at the plate and maybe draw a few more walks and not strikeout as much? Put Revere between Cruz and Asche or maybe try to flip Asche for a right handed 3B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad