OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Wheels and Sarge out.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
I guess they're moving Miggy over to 1st. I don't know much about Detroit's prospects, do they have someone that can come up who can play 3rd?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I guess they're moving Miggy over to 1st. I don't know much about Detroit's prospects, do they have someone that can come up who can play 3rd?

I read an article saying they have a prospect named Nick Castellanos who could possibly take over 3B.

I actually like the deal for both teams.

Last edited:

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly

Seems like a good trade to me. The Tigers can move Cabrera to 1B, fix their 2B hole, and free up money to sign their young guys. I guess they will have to replace Fielder's production somehow, but it is easy to replace Cabrera's defense. :laugh:

The Rangers add power to their lineup in that hitters park and can plug in one of their many IF prospects.

If only RAJ would get fired...

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
This is why Ryan Howard sucking kills us. People say no teams would take on a contract like that, but if the Phils put up some money there would be someone willing to. The problem is he fell off a frigging cliff, and what we apparently found out last year it the front office doesn't want to pay any portion of contracts in trades.

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
This is why Ryan Howard sucking kills us. People say no teams would take on a contract like that, but if the Phils put up some money there would be someone willing to. The problem is he fell off a frigging cliff, and what we apparently found out last year it the front office doesn't want to pay any portion of contracts in trades.

God I hate Amaro. When he signed that extension, literally my 88 year old grandma knew it was an awful deal. Literally.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So Amaro signs Frandson and tenders offers to Bastardo, Kendrick & Mayberry.

He's basically just bringing the same exact team back. At what point does he realize that the talent level is just not there.

Stonehands77

Jul 8, 2002
Waltham, MA
I'm OK with Kendrick and Bastardo. Frandsen is "meh"...but Mayberry? Why on earth would you resign a guy who's 30, his numbers are going down, and his defense isn't great either? Find some minor league vet to fill the "mediocre right handed bench bat" for less money.

God, Amaro drives me crazy. What the hell is the point of bringing the same lousy team back? So much for "we'll start incorporating stats". Not that I thought that clown would begin going that route.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Doesn't mean they'll all be on the team next year. But if not Kendrick, who fills out our rotation? And it wouldn't make sense to let Bastardo go. Suspension or not he's been one of our only good relievers the last 3 years.

I know it doesn't mean they'll be here, but it guarantees the potential of them being here instead of letting them walk.

I can see your point on Bastardo, but for Kendrick, I'd have a competition for any of the young prospects in the system, whether it is Martin, maybe Biddle, any others. I don't think the team is going to be competitive at all next year, so why not? I'd sooner give Halladay a guaranteed contract for this year.

Mayberry is probably replaceable for much cheaper than what he would get.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
I know it doesn't mean they'll be here, but it guarantees the potential of them being here instead of letting them walk.

I can see your point on Bastardo, but for Kendrick, I'd have a competition for any of the young prospects in the system, whether it is Martin, maybe Biddle, any others. I don't think the team is going to be competitive at all next year, so why not? I'd sooner give Halladay a guaranteed contract for this year.

Mayberry is probably replaceable for much cheaper than what he would get.

I can see being disappointed with Mayberry. I have a feeling that the Phils like his defense more than the numbers say they should, but defensive stats are a little untrustworthy anyway. Plus he can come off the bench and some homers and I think that's something the Phils have been trying to find in free agency recently and been unsuccessful.

There's not enough major league ready SPs in the system to have a real competition. They have 3 rotation spots locked up, and there's no way the last 2 would be up for grabs among Biddle (who had an up and down year in AA), Martin (who most people see as a reliever), Morgan (who has health concerns) and Pettibone (who's talent is comparable to Kendrick).

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I can see being disappointed with Mayberry. I have a feeling that the Phils like his defense more than the numbers say they should, but defensive stats are a little untrustworthy anyway. Plus he can come off the bench and some homers and I think that's something the Phils have been trying to find in free agency recently and been unsuccessful.

There's not enough major league ready SPs in the system to have a real competition. They have 3 rotation spots locked up, and there's no way the last 2 would be up for grabs among Biddle (who had an up and down year in AA), Martin (who most people see as a reliever), Morgan (who has health concerns) and Pettibone (who's talent is comparable to Kendrick).

Pettibone would be a lot cheaper than Kendrick though, wouldn't he?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I don't mind the Frandsen signing but for God's sake, why Mayberry, Kendrick and Bastardo?

Because they have value. Mayberry is borderline but he can play all 3 OF spots and has RH pop (against LHPs), Kendrick as much as I despise him is an inning-eating back of the roatation guy who can be a swing guy in a pen if need be. Bastardo is a lefty who misses bats who probably gets exposed a bit in the Phillies pen, but on a good team, would probably showcase himself better.

Just because these guys were tendered, doesn't mean they will be on the team. If you don't tender them a contract you lose them as assets (Nate Schierholtz). There were a couple guys that were non-tendered that I would like the Phillies to look at- local guy Andrew Bailey one of them.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Phillies reportedly sign Wil Nieves. It's a Ruben special. A negative WAR last year and a negative WAR for his career.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Jim Salisbury ✔ @JSalisburyCSN
Phillies announce they have acquired reliever Brad Lincoln from Toronto for Erik Kratz and Rob Rasmussen.

Noooo! Not turkey bacon!
nooooo-cat.jpg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Jim Salisbury ✔ @JSalisburyCSN
Phillies announce they have acquired reliever Brad Lincoln from Toronto for Erik Kratz and Rob Rasmussen.

Noooo! Not turkey bacon!
nooooo-cat.jpg

He can hit!!! Guess Nieves was a big league deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad