Philadelphia Flyers fire HC Alain Vigneault; Mike Yeo named Interim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
AV is such a weird case, he's had Presidents' Trophy winning teams and SC Finalists and the fans still hate him. I guess Luongo and Lundqvist cover up his faults.

This is what AV is, he needs a HOF goaltender as the backbone for his system. Then he needs competent defensemen to carry up the ice with the forwards leading the way.

AV should be thanking his lucky starts Luongo and Lundqvist made him so much money as head coach.

Canucks and Rangers fans have known what AV is capable and not capable of.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
This is what AV is, he needs a HOF goaltender as the backbone for his system. Then he needs competent defensemen to carry up the ice with the forwards leading the way.

AV should be thanking his lucky starts Luongo and Lundqvist made him so much money as head coach.

Canucks and Rangers fans have known what AV is capable and not capable of.
Just thinking about how simply an average coach probably could have been plugged into either the Rangers or the Canucks over him and they'd have won Stanley cups.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
"You give up a goal, you give up a second one, you feel the air come out of the tires. I dunno."
-Chuck Fletcher.
"We don't have the puck enough, I dunno"
-Chuck Fletcher.
"We have to be smart"
-Mike Yeo.

Last edited:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Just thinking about how simply an average coach probably could have been plugged into either the Rangers or the Canucks over him and they'd have won Stanley cups.

AV has always been a hard headed coach, he believes his system will work and will never EVER make mid game adjustments. Doesn’t matter if the Canucks were down 3-2 or 4-3, no adjustments and he tells his guys to execute like they did in practice.

Also his love affair with bottom pairing defensemen and bottom six forwards who provide ‘spark’ or is just in the lineup because he likes their ‘vibe.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
"You give up a goal, you give up a second one, you feel the air come out of the tires. I dunno."
-Cliff Fletcher.
"We don't have the puck enough, I dunno"
-Cliff Fletcher.
"We have to be smart"
-Mike Yeo.
Chuck
"My name is Chuck not Cliff". ;)

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
AV has always been a hard headed coach, he believes his system will work and will never EVER make mid game adjustments. Doesn’t matter if the Canucks were down 3-2 or 4-3, no adjustments and he tells his guys to execute like they did in practice.

Also his love affair with bottom pairing defensemen and bottom six forwards who provide ‘spark’ or is just in the lineup because he likes their ‘vibe.
1000000%
Every time a goal occurs.
NATE THOMPSON TIME
And momentum immediately dies. Shocker!

Reactions: Amorgus

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Fletcher is listening to Mike Yeo and you can tell he doesn't believe a word he's saying. It's in his face lol

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
AV's man-on-man defense scheme doesn't work in this league if you don't have 6 very good to elite skating defensemen.

When will GM's realize this?
There's probably some truth to this.
The Canucks were at their best when they had six top-four d-men, but nobody in particular was a standout No. 1.
All of them could defend though
Hamhuis
Bieksa
Ehrhoff
Edler
Salo
Ballard
(Alberts and Rome were 7/8 dmen)
But none of them were PURELY offensive defensemen. Everyone could skate and play a two-way game. Ballard had lower produciton, but he was asked to play a defensive style in Vancouver and I think most fans forgive his lack of point production in hindsight.
Ehrhoff was arguably the worst defensively but he had good skating, an offensive mandate with production to make up for it, plus he was always paired with someone who could cover if he decided to wheel.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Upon being asked, Fletcher didn’t even definitively say he thought they were a playoff team. Which, I guess is honest. But doesn’t seem good!

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
As a Blue fan and seeing what Yeo is made of...

morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad