Philadelphia Flyers fire HC Alain Vigneault; Mike Yeo named Interim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
2nd in the Met last year. That's pretty good...
It was completely fraudulent. The Flyers got hot while others came back to them like the Islanders and penguins. That was never the real team, they were 9th in the conference in mid January

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I was told AV wasn't that bad at the beginning of the season, how things have changed. Worst coach in the league, bar none. Wish they kept him longer, but I guess they've dug somewhat of a hole to try and crawl out of.

It only took a few seasons, but that team is very easy to play against. No physicality at all. AV does that to every team, but doing it to the Flyers, a historically physical team, is his greatest achievement.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
I also want to apologize to Ranger, and Canuck fans. I feel like were now part of a special group, like Survivors of the Vietnam war or some shit.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

Evergreen

Great. I really hope they also fired Yeo and Therien. And please for the love of God do not promote Lappy.

My guess is Tocchet takes over. I wouldn’t mind Babcock or Torts though tbh.

I was hoping for a Giroux trade but I’ll take this for now.

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012

I get that AV sucks but what is with the big obsession with Tocchet? He's 178-200-60 and made the playoffs once

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Flyers are an AV team if I've ever seen one. He might be the worst coach in the league at this rate. Hart could bounce back, but I could not think of a worse place for Martin Jones to go. No backup goalie. I can only imagine what Risto is going to look like in this system. It won't be pretty. Forwards are good, not great. I really like Atkinson as a player, but this is set up for disappointment all around.

Nailed it

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Just take that interim tag of Mike Yeo right now. Future hofer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad