Philadelphia Flyers fire HC Alain Vigneault; Mike Yeo named Interim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I'm sorry Ranger fans. I should have believed you. But, he was even worse than you said.

giphy.gif

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Yeo's last time as a HC he lasted less than 1 calendar year

And his replacement went on to win the Cup

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Was listening to Vancouver radio, they had Friedman on and had to let him go after a few minutes because he "had some news on Vigneault". I find it interesting when stuff breaks live like that

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
(Laughs in sub par Flyers Goaltending)

Can't make chicken salad out when all you have is chicken garbage to work with.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
So many Habs fans despise Therrien but during his 2nd tenure he had a better record as a coach than any other Habs coach in the last 30 years. His teams generally outperformed expectations. This board was jubilating when he was fired as if it would solve everything. It didn't.

Reactions: WatchfulElm

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Quite early in the season for house cleaning, 3rd org who's cutting ties with coaches/management within a few days.
Yeo being the interim is kinda hilarious, remember reading a Flyers fan post yesterday in which he warned about this scenario, 24h later and it has become reality. Poster knew what he was talking about.. :snide:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
(Laughs in sub par Flyers Goaltending)

Can't make chicken salad out when all you have is chicken garbage to work with.

The Flyers goalies have a .913 save% on the year with both being between a .911 and .917, I don't really see goaltending as their issue.

They're 30th in goals for, that seems to be the bigger issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad