Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Vegas, Baby! (2023 Regular Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Ok, so apparently the Halas Hall part was wrong, but I’m trying to catch up on this story after being busy all afternoon. Does anyone actually know what happened? It’s all just IF WHAT I AM HEARING IS CORRECT OH GOD dopey shit.
No idea, he did just resign though and his letter said that he's going to focus on his health and family so we'll see.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
He's so good.

Edit: Also convince not to drop $130 on pre order for the collector's edition of Unicorn Overlord. I'm a sucker for fantasy RPGs.

I'm usually all for talking people out of this. Unfortunately you've picked a CE that comes with a physical card game. I am powerless here.

Reactions: Chinatown88

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
@DancingPanther I was just reading a story about how successful the Commanders are with Screens. Andy Reid school of play callers, so they prioritize it!
What made Reid's screens so good? Is there a tactic he used that sold the play better than usual? Certain pull patterns or something? It's just crazy how good those Westbrook screens were, and he had nothing close to the O line we see today. No slouches but still

I understand most if not all of this stuff can't be quantified but it'd still be interesting if there's some kind of answer out there

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
What made Reid's screens so good? Is there a tactic he used that sold the play better than usual? Certain pull patterns or something? It's just crazy how good those Westbrook screens were, and he had nothing close to the O line we see today. No slouches but still

I understand most if not all of this stuff can't be quantified but it'd still be interesting if there's some kind of answer out there

There's quite a bit to it and Andy is great at all of it. First, everyone on the field has to sell it well. Obviously Andy's always been a developer of offensive talent both on and off the ball. Some of it is simply knowing when to call it.

Some of it is also sequencing. What Andy does as well as anyone else is make plays look the same, but give them a twist that royally f***s you over. He'll line up in a particular formation with a specific player going in Motion and run the ball off of it. Then he'll come back to the exact same formation with the same players and the same guy in motion and instead it's a screen to Kelce. That's the best example I can possibly give you on why selling the run is so important on these plays from both the staff and the players. It's all built on top of something else. It's earned success and if any level fails, the screen probably does too.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I had a trade offer of Josh Allen for Cook, Flowers and Herbert and somehow yahoo still had that I got more benefit than loss lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Chinatown88

Chinatown88

360 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I had a trade offer of Josh Allen for Cook, Flowers and Herbert and somehow yahoo still had that I got more benefit than loss lol
You would be getting Allen? Fantasy loves that guy because his upside is bonkers. Although IRL he'll get himself into stupid trouble trying to do stupid things.

If you got the Herbert side it's probably cause people are pumping up James Cook? or it could be Dalvin then in that case it's probably because people love Flowers.

Also fantasy is stupid and I hate stupid trade offers. Some idiet tried to offer me Kendrick Bourne for my Mims Jr, in dynasty.

Also also, condolences again for Baker doing Baker things and messing up the tank commander role.

Reactions: trostol

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Two things...

1) I completely believe he and Jalen are fine and not at odds. It happens
2) He's completely full of it when he says it has nothing to do with him getting targets.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
For whatever reason it pops on my twitter feed despite not really being interested in it but I guess Pat McAfee went on his show today & did say sources told them the FBI did raid the Bears’ DC’s house.

Now he is a moron so that’s could possible the explanation but on the other hand his show is now on ESPN’s network. I could be wrong but I believe his shows are on delay so ESPN can clean up the language & such.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
For whatever reason it pops on my twitter feed despite not really being interested in it but I guess Pat McAfee went on his show today & did say sources told them the FBI did raid the Bears’ DC’s house.

Now he is a moron so that’s could possible the explanation but on the other hand his show is now on ESPN’s network. I could be wrong but I believe his shows are on delay so ESPN can clean up the language & such.
You are correct in that his shows are on a delay for ESPN. They air unedited on his YouTube page

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad