Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Vegas, Baby! (2023 Regular Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwarbomb

Bob Murray Approved Poster
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Didn't AJB have a pouting episode in the NFC championship game last year? A lot of receivers just can't cope when they're not getting the rock. But yeah it's going to be a problem if he's not adequately fed.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Didn't AJB have a pouting episode in the NFC championship game last year? A lot of receivers just can't cope when they're not getting the rock. But yeah it's going to be a problem if he's not adequately fed.
It was the game against the Giants when they were up 31 points.

Terrible blow for Diggs, glad he got paid though.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
As Halladay pointed out, it was against the Giants.

He also pouted against the Saints with Minshew as QB.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I’m unhappy when he’s not getting the ball too. Of course it can go too far, but in general, I want him pissed.

Absolutely. I want guys who CAN make plays demand the ball when you need them to do so. If Quez steps up to Jalen, you tell him to SIT DOWN bro, haha.

The AJ/Jalen thing is a total non-issue, for sure.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Blowing out your knee in practice, midseason, has to be the worst.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There's quite a bit to it and Andy is great at all of it. First, everyone on the field has to sell it well. Obviously Andy's always been a developer of offensive talent both on and off the ball. Some of it is simply knowing when to call it.

Some of it is also sequencing. What Andy does as well as anyone else is make plays look the same, but give them a twist that royally f***s you over. He'll line up in a particular formation with a specific player going in Motion and run the ball off of it. Then he'll come back to the exact same formation with the same players and the same guy in motion and instead it's a screen to Kelce. That's the best example I can possibly give you on why selling the run is so important on these plays from both the staff and the players. It's all built on top of something else. It's earned success and if any level fails, the screen probably does too.

Little things like that to make a defense react a certain way so you can create an opening are delightful. It's a shame that Jay Gruden is physically and mentally incapable of constructing a run game, because he's otherwise fantastic at designing pass plays that play out so that a receiver is wide open, if the defense behaves as expected. It got Kirk Cousins paid.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008

I realize he gave the PR answer, so I will draw no conclusions at all from this. I do want to say that I urgently hope he doesn’t believe this.

Again, saying is good. I’m not ripping him. Believing would be very, very bad. I have no way of knowing which this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad