Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Vegas, Baby! (2023 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I mean, they won a game against a good team, no?

458a84f7-168e-4557-8445-f888226fdd75_text.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hurts giveth, and Hurts taketh away.

Intangibles matter, some QBs would have melted down after a bad decision that lead to a game tying TD (though Bradberry should have been called for PI, so Karma) - Hurts coolly leads them on a 75 yard TD drive, then next drive throws a perfect pass to Brown to set up Gainwell's great TD run.

Desai is much better than Gannon, similar talent (worse LBs and secondary, down to his fourth nickel back and 3rd safety), only time he went passive was end of the first half, then turned the heat up the second half - Miami only had 10 offensive points (ok, 13-17 if the PI had been called correctly). What Desai does is take that shell zone but tweak it with some JJ aggressiveness, five man fronts, some blitzes, etc. Not nearly as passive and predictable as last season, which lead to veteran QBs carving them up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

As far as the Eagles' schedule - screw it, we're the baddest mother f**kers in the Valley!
Eagles needed the Jets wake up call, now I expect them to settle into their mid-season groove.
Eagles shouldn't worry about their opponents, their opponents should worry about facing them.

Reactions: sycamore

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
The Eagles are still a well below average blitz frequency team…

The big difference with Desai is pre-snap confusion. They disguise the MoF coverage at a much higher rate than last year. So does Miami btw. Hurts was not given easy reads tonight. Desai in practice is a clear Fangio-school coach.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
You got Arizona tomorrow?
These guys shocked me, played a rock solid game after a shaky one against Washington and a terrible one against NYJ. Nice win. Hurts is horrifying, but that dime to AJB down the stretch basically sealed it. Came up huge. Defense finally came up with a pick too in a big spot after an overall great performance. Uplifting win

And no, I have the Phils tomorrow. I believe in Nola

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Wasn’t able to watch the game but happy to see the W. Not happy to see a pick 6 and a fumble lost. Also not happy about Hurts’ rushing stats this year. I understand there is nuance but he just isn’t being used to the best of his ability it seems. He was paid big money because of the dual threat aspect. If you can’t figure out how to make him effective in the running game, or you are babying him because he has a huge contract, they shouldn’t have paid that money then.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Wasn’t able to watch the game but happy to see the W. Not happy to see a pick 6 and a fumble lost. Also not happy about Hurts’ rushing stats this year. I understand there is nuance but he just isn’t being used to the best of his ability it seems. He was paid big money because of the dual threat aspect. If you can’t figure out how to make him effective in the running game, or you are babying him because he has a huge contract, they shouldn’t have paid that money then.
he came out with a knee brace in the 2nd half i think hes been hurt tbh'

Reactions: Gregor Samsa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad