Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Vegas, Baby! (2023 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Yes! Genuinely dynamic runner. Born way too soon. For me, he’s inarguably the best QB to enter the league between Marino and Manning.

Graham, Unitas, Montana, Young, and Marino are the guys before the passing explosion (Manning/Brady/Brees) for whom you can construct an argument are the best ever. On my personal Tier list, he’d probably be at the very top of Tier 3. But Tier 1 is just Manning. That still has him solidly in the 7-10 range.
I love your Peyton analyses. I always considered him the goat by a pretty wide margin, but of course your reasonings are always more in depth and articulate than my ooga shit

Schwarbomb

Bob Murray Approved Poster
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Yes! Genuinely dynamic runner. Born way too soon. For me, he’s inarguably the best QB to enter the league between Marino and Manning.

Graham, Unitas, Montana, Young, and Marino are the guys before the passing explosion (Manning/Brady/Brees) for whom you can construct an argument are the best ever. On my personal Tier list, he’d probably be at the very top of Tier 3. But Tier 1 is just Manning. That still has him solidly in the 7-10 range.
I want to see Steve Young in this era. Where's Mahomes on your list or is that retirees only?

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
IMG_5638.jpeg

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I want to see Steve Young in this era. Where's Mahomes on your list or is that retirees only?

Mahomes and Baugh are the two guys I really don’t know how to handle.

Baugh we just don’t have much film of and what he was asked to do was just so wildly different that I don’t know how to stack it up. Do we count him being an All Pro Punter and excellent DB? Do we give him bonus points for playing all 60 minutes?

Mahomes has 5 years as the clear best guy on the planet with seasons that are good enough to put him on the Manning trajectory. I get the urge to want more years, but at the same time, he’s not going to age any worse than Marino and that’s a clear Tier 2 guy. I’d rather have Mahomes than Montana. I can’t put him above Graham yet. So let’s call it 4-5 depending on the day.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Marino and that’s a clear Tier 2 guy. I’d rather have Mahomes than Montana.

9ec15194-8d49-4237-9082-60b95a374b71_text.gif

In this day and age. Holy smokes I would love to see Marino. Remember the Saturday morning QB challenge shows? Pretty sure Marino killed all that stuff. Sorry if it sounds like corny nostalgia stuff for some here, but man...you guys missed out on some of that stuff. Imagine watching Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow having a contest where they're trying to throw into a trash can in the back corner of the end zone. Or other things like that. That was fun

Last edited:
  • Love

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I hate Brady as a person (from afar) but after watching NE and TB before and after, he may have something that transcends mere QB play;

Reactions: JXC

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I remember seeing that bubble screen to Quez where he seemingly inexplicably was tackled for a loss, but I can't find it again. What are your guy's thoughts on this? My understanding is it's the blockers' job to create an outside lane for the reciever-runner to turn a corner. Obviously this is not black and white, but I wonder if Quez was hesitating to see if that lane was going to open? Not saying he didn't f*** up by again, inexplicably ignoring the down and distance, but just got me thinking

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Insane that bubble screen to Quez where I seemingly inexplicably was tackled for a loss. What are your guy's thoughts on this? My understanding is it's the blockers' job to create an outside lane for the reciever-runner. Obviously this is not black and white, but I wonder if Quez was hesitating to see if that lane was going to open?
A good player knows where the `1st down marker is and cuts back to lunge over it.

Chicken N Raffls

Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I remember seeing that bubble screen to Quez where he seemingly inexplicably was tackled for a loss, but I can't find it again. What are your guy's thoughts on this? My understanding is it's the blockers' job to create an outside lane for the reciever-runner to turn a corner. Obviously this is not black and white, but I wonder if Quez was hesitating to see if that lane was going to open? Not saying he didn't f*** up by again, inexplicably ignoring the down and distance, but just got me thinking

I don't know where the lane was supposed to be, but there was one to the inside. Quez went outside.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I don't know where the lane was supposed to be, but there was one to the inside. Quez went outside.
Right so that's kind of my point. Perhaps they gameplanned this to the outside and he forced it.

I'm not trying to put blame on anyone (else) here. Everyone, expecially the ball carrier, needs to be aware of down and distance. If your first check is to the outside and it's not there, then you need to attack anything open to squeak out the short yardage needed to extend the series. It was just a very weirdly developing play; I can't imagine an actual NFL ball carrier is incapable of gaining 3 yards on that play. Something must have threw him off.

Of course, he could also just have brainfarted

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Chicken N Raffls

Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Right so that's kind of my point. Perhaps they gameplanned this to the outside and he forced it.

I'm not trying to put blame on anyone (else) here. Everyone, expecially the ball carrier, needs to be aware of down and distance. If your first check is to the outside and it's not there, then you need to attack anything open to squeak out the short yardage needed to extend the series. It was just a very weirdly developing play; I can't imagine an actual NFL ball carrier is incapable of gaining 3 yards on that play. Something must have threw him off.

Of course, he could also just have brainfarted

Yea it would take a better football mind than mine to say who was at fault. Just going off memory, it looked like Smith was trying to block his guy to the outside, opening up a lane inside. Maybe he got muscled out of what he was supposed to do, maybe he screwed up, but it did look to me like he was purposely trying to open the inside.

I'd say regardless, Quez needs to just take what's there, and could have gotten the first if he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad