Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Vegas, Baby! (2023 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I remember seeing that bubble screen to Quez where he seemingly inexplicably was tackled for a loss, but I can't find it again. What are your guy's thoughts on this? My understanding is it's the blockers' job to create an outside lane for the reciever-runner to turn a corner. Obviously this is not black and white, but I wonder if Quez was hesitating to see if that lane was going to open? Not saying he didn't f*** up by again, inexplicably ignoring the down and distance, but just got me thinking

Most people seem to think it was avoiding contact. To me, it looked like a guy pressing to make a big play. Turn your volume down because this dope screams at the screen.

Look at Smith’s steps after the snap. He’s trying to wall the corner off. At no time does he concern himself fully with creating an angle to the sideline. Plus of course both Smith and Brown throw their hands up in frustration because they knew what was supposed to happen and that they had given him the chance to make a play. And then Sirianni went nuts on the sideline.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I have the weirdest sense of dread with this team being 5-0. I'm not sure they really LOOK like a 5-0 team.

The OL either isn't as good as I/we thought they'd be or Jalen is just taking too long to make decisions (or possibly a combination of the two?) because I feel like he's under more pressure than he was at times last year. I've got absolutely NOTHING to back that up, just a feeling.

Through 5 games, I continue to be NOT a fan of Brian Johnson at OC. Their Red Zone playcalling is just plain bad at times, and is being bailed out with the Brotherly Shove at times. We're too deep in to the season to do anything with it at this point, but I'm just done with him right now. The talent this team has on the offensive side of the ball, he's just not helping imo.

Loving the way Carter is playing, can't believe he ended up falling to 10. REALLY hope that he continues to be motivated and that he's learned his lesson from whatever happened that night while at Georgia.

Reactions: montreal

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
Most people seem to think it was avoiding contact. To me, it looked like a guy pressing to make a big play. Turn your volume down because this dope screams at the screen.

Look at Smith’s steps after the snap. He’s trying to wall the corner off. At no time does he concern himself fully with creating an angle to the sideline. Plus of course both Smith and Brown throw their hands up in frustration because they knew what was supposed to happen and that they had given him the chance to make a play. And then Sirianni went nuts on the sideline.

There were two spots off of AJ that he could have taken it, it would have been a close play -- the best option would have been off of AJ's right shoulder, but again he would have had to pay the price for going back to the middle. Even later in the run if he sets up to run outside and then cuts back to inside Smith then the defender would have been walled off enough. You have to at some point put your head down and go for the last 2 yards.

I have the weirdest sense of dread with this team being 5-0. I'm not sure they really LOOK like a 5-0 team.

The OL either isn't as good as I/we thought they'd be or Jalen is just taking too long to make decisions (or possibly a combination of the two?) because I feel like he's under more pressure than he was at times last year. I've got absolutely NOTHING to back that up, just a feeling.

Through 5 games, I continue to be NOT a fan of Brian Johnson at OC. Their Red Zone playcalling is just plain bad at times, and is being bailed out with the Brotherly Shove at times. We're too deep in to the season to do anything with it at this point, but I'm just done with him right now. The talent this team has on the offensive side of the ball, he's just not helping imo.

Loving the way Carter is playing, can't believe he ended up falling to 10. REALLY hope that he continues to be motivated and that he's learned his lesson from whatever happened that night while at Georgia.

Its a solid 5-0 but not a dominant 5-0 and there are some concerns that I hope can be fixed before the schedule gets tough. They do seem to follow a lot of last season where they lacked killer instinct and let teams hang around.

We're known as a running team but we don't act like we have embraced that identity, it's almost a dirty word.

Hurts doesn't seem to be on the same page with the OC, I'm not sure it falls 100% on the OC. Hurts still has issues with quick decision-making, vision, and locking on to primary reads. This hurts (no pun intended) us in the red zone when you need to make quick decisions.

It's becoming a little more evident that the Hurts we see now might not improve much more and never really become the consistent passer that he needs to be. This means once he gets older and his running ability becomes less dynamic he is going to start showing those flaws a lot more. He is a gamer, and he is going to do anything he can to win, but once those running abilities start to fade he doesn't have the passing game to will out a win.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

after the Jets game, shit gets real. Mia, Dal 2x's, Bills, SF, KC. ouch.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
That was the best offensive game this season by a mile. Hurts and Johnson were both great.

Once again, instead of focusing on how, let's talk about why. The reason why so many people want them to have more designed runs is to control the ball and shorten games. Finally they looked like they did last year in this regard. You cannot control the game script any better than they did in the 2H. Don't worry about where the ball is going. Focus on the plan making sense for the situation and the execution of it.

If they're going to be far and away the best team at that again this year, Sirianni needs to get more credit than he has been. They're entirley composed on game days week in and out. That's incredibly difficult to accomplish.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I want to see Steve Young in this era. Where's Mahomes on your list or is that retirees only?
I'd love to see Namath in this era. Bear Bryant called him the best athlete he ever coached. Lombardi called him the best pure passer he ever saw. Unfortunately he was basically a cripple for most of his career but there was a time when he could do this kind of thing:

120265.jpeg

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
The Broncos "Let's ride" memes are funny, but this may be fav example of the Bronco's futility this year.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Streaming is going the opposite way at this point. It’s not even really that cheap anymore compared to cable.
I forget what comedian said something like.... let's create a package that gives you all of the channels you want, and call it Cable.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Fantasy team is now 1 and 5. I am 2nd in points for by 5 only because one team put up an obscene number this week. 2nd highest pts against, by 20, to the team that faced that obscene number. Have faced 3 def/ST that have scored 43, 33 and 31. Would have won this week if I left Kupp out for G davis, even though I faced JAllen. Just will not be my year.

• Wow
Reactions: Cody Webster

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

If he was trying to make a big play on 3rd and 2, he's dumber than a door knob.
Get the 1st down, then if there's open space keep going but secure the ball.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
If he was trying to make a big play on 3rd and 2, he's dumber than a door knob.
Get the 1st down, then if there's open space keep going but secure the ball.

If you’re a young player trying to prove you belong in this lineup when you’re out of favor, I get it. I’m not saying it’s correct. It’s selfish. But I get it.

If you’ll allow me a second to regurgitate a Ben Solak talking point, I’d like to again say that the reaction from everyone involved there and the coaching staff is illustrative of how even down the lineup guys are held to incredibly high standards. Everyone is expected to succeed. Some credit goes to guys like Hurts, Kelce, Lane, BG, and others. But it’s Sirianni’s ultimate responsibility. That’s the kind of obsession with detail I want for the Flyers and another big part of why I care about down the lineup decisions so much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad