Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
2 CBs in the top 3? I like it.

It’s deep class for the defensive side of the ball. At least as of now heading into the season I think it’s fair to say EDGE, IDL, CB, & S are all noticeably higher in talent than your average draft class.

QB is also pretty up in the air too. I think Beck & Sanders are the guys people probably feel the most comfortable with right now. It just seems like most don’t think they’re like no doubt #1-3 type of talents like Williams & Maye were coming into last year for example. It seems like most discussion around the class has people clamoring for someone else in the field to emerge this year.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
It’s deep class for the defensive side of the ball. At least as of now heading into the season I think it’s fair to say EDGE, IDL, CB, & S are all noticeably higher in talent than your average draft class.

QB is also pretty up in the air too. I think Beck & Sanders are the guys people probably feel the most comfortable with right now. It just seems like most don’t think they’re like no doubt #1-3 type of talents like Williams & Maye were coming into last year for example. It seems like most discussion around the class has people clamoring for someone else in the field to emerge this year.

The draft guys are already pinning their high end hopes on Allar and Weigman breakouts. Beck and Sanders are good prospects. They just don’t look like they have jackpot outcomes right now.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
From one of my best friends who's a BIG Washington fan (in all sports, he grew up in the area):

"I loved the draft pick, had a great rookie year, but was not good/outright bad last year. Hasn't been a good fit with the new staff, so far, this year. But was a 1st round pick for a reason. Sounded like when the Commanders brought in some competition in camp he didn't take the news all that well, seems like Quinn and Peters decided to just move on. If he can get his confidence back, he will be a good get"

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
From one of my best friends who's a BIG Washington fan (in all sports, he grew up in the area):

"I loved the draft pick, had a great rookie year, but was not good/outright bad last year. Hasn't been a good fit with the new staff, so far, this year. But was a 1st round pick for a reason. Sounded like when the Commanders brought in some competition in camp he didn't take the news all that well, seems like Quinn and Peters decided to just move on. If he can get his confidence back, he will be a good get"
Sounds like a lot of copium. The guy was their WR2 as recently as last season and they're trying to develop a rookie QB. I am sure there were differences in opinion but he was still going to be an important piece for them. This just smells like Washington being Washington incapable of getting out of their own way.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Sounds like a lot of copium. The guy was their WR2 as recently as last season and they're trying to develop a rookie QB. I am sure there were differences in opinion but he was still going to be an important piece for them. This just smells like Washington being Washington incapable of getting out of their own way.
Nah, he's not a copium type of guy. If something is working, he calls it, if it's not, he calls it. For such a hardcore fan he calls it like he sees it. It sounds like there were big expectations for Dotson to take a big step last year, based off his rookie year, and it didn't really happen.

He's not saying that he sucks, he loved the pick, I remember watching that draft with him and he was clamoring for Washington to take Dotson and was ecstatic when they did.

Basically--in the time I've known him, he's never sugarcoated anything when it comes to his team(s), nor with myself and our other friend, who are massive Philly fans. He thinks we stole him, fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad