Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
What I most want to know about this is who plays in the Slot in 11. DeVonta has been absurdly productive when he does it.

There's some schematic noise here, but Dotson has generally fared better outside than in so far.

He was behind Olamide Zaccheaus on the depth chart to give you an idea.

He might just not be very good. But he's got some indicators of being better than his environment. It's a worthwhile line to cast. A little surprised it took a 3, but they probably preferred to do the swap thing to even out the non-7ths so I get it.

Reactions: BigToe

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
What I most want to know about this is who plays in the Slot in 11. DeVonta has been absurdly productive when he does it.

There's some schematic noise here, but Dotson has generally fared better outside than in so far.

He was behind Olamide Zaccheaus on the depth chart to give you an idea.

He might just not be very good. But he's got some indicators of being better than his environment. It's a worthwhile line to cast.
Just play everyone everywhere all at once.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Which is weird because wasn't everyone labeling him a slot guy coming out of Penn State?

Kliff is so mad right now and he has no idea why.

Can you believe someone is still doing hard line Left and Right Receivers in 2024?
Isn't that an old Texas Tech/Leach thing? :laugh:

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Which is weird because wasn't everyone labeling him a slot guy coming out of Penn State?

I think most people had him as a Slot, but I thought his jackpot outcomes were more of a Tyler Lockett-style Z. I don't care that he ran a 4.4. He can get deep. I want him to keep doing that.

Probably no jackpots left, of course. But he can stick in the league for 8 years.

Isn't that an old Texas Tech/Leach thing? :laugh:

Yep! Still fine in college! Adapting is not Kliff's strongsuit.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
From one of my best friends who's a BIG Washington fan (in all sports, he grew up in the area):

"I loved the draft pick, had a great rookie year, but was not good/outright bad last year. Hasn't been a good fit with the new staff, so far, this year. But was a 1st round pick for a reason. Sounded like when the Commanders brought in some competition in camp he didn't take the news all that well, seems like Quinn and Peters decided to just move on. If he can get his confidence back, he will be a good get"

Accurate.

Unless something with him broke beyond fixing, this is a big upside get for you people.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
NFC East cocktail:

Add:

1 former Giant RB
1 former Commander WR
1 former Cowboys OC

Mix thoroughly. Garnish with a competent QB. Serve on Sundays, and the occasional Thursday, Friday, or Monday.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Certainly nothing to complain about with that Dotson trade. Just have to taper expectations, I doubt he's going to blow anyone out of the water. That being said, he can still burn and catch the ball. He should be useful at least!

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Last edited:
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Certainly nothing to complain about with that Dotson trade. Just have to taper expectations, I doubt he's going to blow anyone out of the water. That being said, he can still burn and catch the ball. He should be useful at least!
As long as he can make the catches that went through Quez Watkins hands over the last two seasons, he'll be fine. He doesn't need blow people out of the water, just needs to be competent.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Kinda figured something was up when they stopped the podcast.

Apparently going to PHLY with Bo and Berman. He was on their show today.

That's a great match. They needed someone with some football knowledge. Bo does his job really well. Berman is the narrative guy, which I understand is targeting an audience that isn't me. It just needed some meat to it.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
"Hey, cool, today's preseason game is at 7 pm (my time, not local), I can actually watch that."

*half an hour in*

"Hey, cool, this is totally unwatchable. First- AND second-stringers not playing today..."

• Haha
Reactions: trostol

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Am I mistaken that the team stated before training camp that they would be playing the starters in preseason games this year?

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Am I mistaken that the team stated before training camp that they would be playing the starters in preseason games this year?
I never heard that but honestly don’t hate it. A drive or two in the preseason isn’t going to make a difference at all whether the team comes out week 1 playing like shit or not. Not worth the injury risk especially with the lack of oline depth.

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007

There was some talk before the 1st or 2nd game (I don't remember which one) that the starters might get a couple of series in one of the games. That's all I ever heard.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There was some talk before the 1st or 2nd game (I don't remember which one) that the starters might get a couple of series in one of the games. That's all I ever heard.
They were talking about it for the Ravens game but it started raining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad