Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
For real. Why did he push him like that though?? :laugh: I thought he was going for the classic "my momentum is carrying me into you, so I'm just gonna grab you so you don't fall down" hug. But nope, just pushed him, lol.
It was excessive, but personally, I don't blame players for knocking guys down like that. They are the ones out there exerting themselves physically. It's the people standing around that need to pay attention and make sure that they are out of the way.
I say the same about the photographers and other people that are in the way of players during a game. I wouldn't jump over a photographer sitting on the ground. Safer for the player to drop their shoulder and run over the person than risk trying to jump over them and landing badly and blowing out their knee. Like that Broncos LB on MNF who dodged an official or someone and landed on that matt covering the electrical wire and blew out his ACL.

• Haha
Reactions: DancingPanther

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
Saint John, NB, Canada
It was excessive, but personally, I don't blame players for knocking guys down like that. They are the ones out there exerting themselves physically. It's the people standing around that need to pay attention and make sure that they are out of the way.
I say the same about the photographers and other people that are in the way of players during a game. I wouldn't jump over a photographer sitting on the ground. Safer for the player to drop their shoulder and run over the person than risk trying to jump over them and landing badly and blowing out their knee. Like that Broncos LB on MNF who dodged an official or someone and landed on that matt covering the electrical wire and blew out his ACL.
thats a messed up take.

so they have the right to be dicks because they are running around? you dont think the people on the sidelines are working hard (and for far less money).

These people are just doing their jobs and if a coddled spoiled athlete cant pull up(when they are able) and treat people with respect, f them.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
E65JSMd.jpeg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Uh, he’s the “QB” for that drill.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Pickett is such a fat nothing burger of a prospect/player.

There are only two cases where the discourse around 1st round QBs broke my brain. One was the move Lamar to a different position leaking brain stuff.

The other was calling Pickett a potential safe processor archetype. If you liked him, fine. That's just normal evaluation disagreements. But he had zero success in college until he became a big time out of structure producer. There was no chance in hell he had the athleticism to do that in the NFL. Either he somehow made that work or he was DOA.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
There are only two cases where the discourse around 1st round QBs broke my brain. One was the move Lamar to a different position leaking brain stuff.

The other was calling Pickett a potential safe processor archetype. If you liked him, fine. That's just normal evaluation disagreements. But he had zero success in college until he became a big time out of structure producer. There was no chance in hell he had the athleticism to do that in the NFL. Either he somehow made that work or he was DOA.
He's a former first rounder going into year 3 and he's so talentless that he can't move an offense against nobodies essentially.

He also might have the worst velocity I've ever seen for a pro QB. His passes have a slower 10 yard split than Kelce did.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
He's a former first rounder going into year 3 and he's so talentless that he can't move an offense against nobodies essentially.

He also might have the worst velocity I've ever seen for a pro QB. His passes have a slower 10 yard split than Kelce did.

McKee made one throw and I don’t want to hear a single excuse anymore. :laugh:

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
It's not insane to just prefer McKee is it?
Hell no.

Brother, go back in this thread the day of the trade and I’m ranting and raving about how I’d rather have McKee even forgetting the draft pick it took to do this shit. Kenny Pickett is only on an NFL roster because COVID struck at the right time. He’s only ever been good in his FIFTH year as a college QB and FOURTH as a starter.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Hell no.

Brother, go back in this thread the day of the trade and I’m ranting and raving about how I’d rather have McKee even forgetting the draft pick it took to do this shit. Kenny Pickett is only on an NFL roster because COVID struck at the right time. He’s only ever been good in his FIFTH year as a college QB and FOURTH as a starter.
So obviously Zach Wilson blows, but is it literally that he's so stupid that it's preventing him from being Josh Allen?

Like when a guy has that good of an arm, do you basically have to be a moron to be as bad as he is?

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
So obviously Zach Wilson blows, but is it literally that he's so stupid that it's preventing him from being Josh Allen?

Like when a guy has that good of an arm, do you basically have to be a moron to be as bad as he is?

Not quite Allen physically, but that reminds me to say don't believe the Joe Milton hype. He is Josh Allen talented. My draft blurb on Milton was that he can't run the Tecmo Bowl playbook and that has 4 plays.

Wilson was a better QB than either of those guys in college, but he was also kinda scheme limited and a gambler. He could run, but he wasn't a gamechanger like Allen with it. He's a great reminder than NFL outliers are a completely different animal from CFB outliers.

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Not quite Allen physically, but that reminds me to say don't believe the Joe Milton hype. He is Josh Allen talented. My draft blurb on Milton was that he can't run the Tecmo Bowl playbook and that has 4 plays.

Wilson was a better QB than either of those guys in college, but he was also kinda scheme limited and a gambler. He could run, but he wasn't a gamechanger like Allen with it. He's a great reminder than NFL outliers are a completely different animal from CFB outliers.
I, for whatever reason, always bet against mutant QB's with cannon arms. (Mahomes, Allen, Milton, Richardson, Lynch).

Then Mahomes and Allen are unreal, but I don't know how to tell before the draft.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Eagles announcer is a moron. He was talking about the Eagles Autism Foundation, and how he had never heard of any other team anywhere doing something like them. ahem.... look across the street you dope. Tha autism foundation is great, but the Flyers wives carnival has beena round a lot longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad