Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
raw

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

This guy has nailed every step of the Aiyuk saga fwiw. This whole thing is fantastic for my anti-John Lynch agenda.

This is going to be a massive loss for that offense. Shanahan needs Aiyuk to take the offense to the heights it has reached and I don’t think Aiyuk needs Shanahan to be great. He’ll excel in any offense pretty much.

Reactions: BiggE

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Niners getting ripped off is great but does it have to be the f***ing Steelers??
SF should have made the move at the draft. I mean, they gave CMC new guaranteed money when he still had term (no more guaranteed $), and they thought they could get Aiyuk to play on the 5th year option? He was pick 26 in the draft and Higgins who was pick 33, with his franchise tag, will make around $3-4 mill in totality more than Aiyuk if they both played their respective contracts due to Higgins getting $21.8 mill on the franchise tag, while Aiyuk was due $14.1 mill on the 5th year option, but made like $4 mill or so more on the rookie deal. Thus, better to be an early 2nd than a late first to avoid the 5th year option.

And now SF has Trent Williams wanting new guaranteed money. And SF has to have Trent to win. But, you can see this coming as guys who are still elite and no longer have guaranteed money will want a new deal.

So, with those 2 deals and best 2 offensive players, should have prioritized them and moved Aiyuk to free up the $14 mill on the cap. Go out in free agency and sign someone or use the draft picks to get someone.

Even if they got a 1st, all it does is allow them at the TDL to try to find someone to acquire with their 2nd or something and hope with 8 games left that they can get that player up to speed in their offense in time for the PO. Who knows who will be available at the deadline.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
SF should have made the move at the draft. I mean, they gave CMC new guaranteed money when he still had term (no more guaranteed $), and they thought they could get Aiyuk to play on the 5th year option? He was pick 26 in the draft and Higgins who was pick 33, with his franchise tag, will make around $3-4 mill in totality more than Aiyuk if they both played their respective contracts due to Higgins getting $21.8 mill on the franchise tag, while Aiyuk was due $14.1 mill on the 5th year option, but made like $4 mill or so more on the rookie deal. Thus, better to be an early 2nd than a late first to avoid the 5th year option.

And now SF has Trent Williams wanting new guaranteed money. And SF has to have Trent to win. But, you can see this coming as guys who are still elite and no longer have guaranteed money will want a new deal.

So, with those 2 deals and best 2 offensive players, should have prioritized them and moved Aiyuk to free up the $14 mill on the cap. Go out in free agency and sign someone or use the draft picks to get someone.

Even if they got a 1st, all it does is allow them at the TDL to try to find someone to acquire with their 2nd or something and hope with 8 games left that they can get that player up to speed in their offense in time for the PO. Who knows who will be available at the deadline.
I ain't reading all that but f*** the Steelers

Reactions: BiggE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad