Confirmed Trade: [PHI/NSH/VGK] Ryan Ellis to PHI, Cody Glass and Philippe Myers to NSH, Nolan Patrick to VGK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Well he had been in the league for nearly 10 years by that point. If you didn't like his skating you aren't gonna be a huge fan of Ellis' either. He never had it to start with.

he wasn't terrible, he was fine, just wouldn't classify it as excellent. he played at a high level for so long mainly because of his high hockey IQ, which is also a strength of Ellis.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Yeah I never saw any issues with Kimmo’s skating, even in his later years. Ellis has always struggled skating but he reads the play ahead enough he can generally stay in front of it. I’ll tell you what he does better than anyone is that poke check at his blue line when opponents least expect it and are usually headed the wrong way. He’ll generate lots of odd mans for you guys with that. He’s also got a cannon of a shot, fast riser too.

Reactions: Laus723 and Tripod

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah I never saw any issues with Kimmo’s skating, even in his later years. Ellis has always struggled skating but he reads the play ahead enough he can generally stay in front of it. I’ll tell you what he does better than anyone is that poke check at his blue line when opponents least expect it and are usually headed the wrong way. He’ll generate lots of odd mans for you guys with that. He’s also got a cannon of a shot, fast riser too.
Well he had one, whether it is still there who knows. We didn't see much of it this year.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Anyone know how many games short Glass was of being draft eligible for Seattle? I'm wondering if 'Crim' as Patrick likes to call him, was planning on using his expansion-draft exempt status to bring his boy back in the fold all season?

It is curious that Glass had to be buried in the AHL most of the year on the fear that someone might submit a waiver claim for a fringe 4th-liner like Keegan Kolesar, who basically plays the same position and does the exact same thing that Ryan Reaves does.

And even after that, Glass could not crack the lineup over AHLers like Dustin Brown, Tomas Jurco and Gage Quinney. I wonder if things might have gone differently if Patrick was not having such a horrible year at the same time? Because Glass' draft status certainly came in handy as did Vegas' draft exemption in facilitating this trade.

After seeing how Francis ran his draft, obviously they would have drafted Glass or Patrick from the Preds over Jarnkrok had they the opportunity.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Anyone know how many games short Glass was of being draft eligible for Seattle? I'm wondering if 'Crim' as Patrick likes to call him, was planning on using his expansion-draft exempt status to bring his boy back in the fold all season?

It is curious that Glass had to be buried in the AHL most of the year on the fear that someone might submit a waiver claim for a fringe 4th-liner like Keegan Kolesar, who basically plays the same position and does the exact same thing that Ryan Reaves does.

And even after that, Glass could not crack the lineup over AHLers like Dustin Brown, Tomas Jurco and Gage Quinney. I wonder if things might have gone differently if Patrick was not having such a horrible year at the same time? Because Glass' draft status certainly came in handy as did Vegas' draft exemption in facilitating this trade.

After seeing how Francis ran his draft, obviously they would have drafted Glass or Patrick from the Preds over Jarnkrok had they the opportunity.
Eligibility has nothing to do with games played. It's based on your draft year and the number of pro seasons you have played. In Glass' case it was because he was drafted by Vegas.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Eligibility has nothing to do with games played. It's based on your draft year and the number of pro seasons you have played. In Glass' case it was because he was drafted by Vegas.

This doesn't sound right.
Anyway Glass can still be assigned to the AHL without passing through waivers.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
This doesn't sound right.
Anyway Glass can still be assigned to the AHL without passing through waivers.
I mean look it up. Game eligibility is only about requiring teams have a certain number of Vets available. Whether you were draft eligible was based on the number of professional years you have played.

I've been over this a million times on the Preds board. Example Carrier was draft eligible and didn't play the minimum number of games this season.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I don't understand this trade for Vegas. It's weird they trust Patrick more than Glass to become a top-6 player. Glass has proven more it seems.

I don't think this is about believing Patrick is a top 6 C.

And Glass has yet to prove he can get back to skating at an NHL level after several knee injuries.

Last edited:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not having to sit out over a year due to a migraine issues by itself proves something, no?

All Glass has proven is to be less of a health risk. Patrick has proven more on the ice so far, even if he hasn't yet lived up to expectations.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Everybody is going to be shocked when Patrick ends up being the best player in this trade .

I'm rooting for the kid, but I just don't see it. He was already kinda soft, and now that he's admitted the concussion issues he may be even more hesitant.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think Josi-Myers will be the best pairing in hockey this season.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I think Josi-Myers will be the best pairing in hockey this season.

In a few years maybe... Myers needs some time to grow which is what Josi should give him all the freedom to do.

He was relied on too much in Philly and the mistakes alongside Sanheim just cratered that pairing.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
I'm rooting for the kid, but I just don't see it. He was already kinda soft, and now that he's admitted the concussion issues he may be even more hesitant.
I'm rooting for the kid too and as long as the Knights put him in a position to succeed and he avoids the injury bug I believe he'll have a very good season .

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
The more PP time that goes to Ellis, Yandle, or Provorov, the more defensive assignments go to Ristolainen. Is that really the plan?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad