Confirmed Trade: [PHI/NSH/VGK] Ryan Ellis to PHI, Cody Glass and Philippe Myers to NSH, Nolan Patrick to VGK

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
He was mostly fine, aside from being poor in the dot. Assume the Preds just want him to get some higher minutes in a lower pressure environment to work on some things. Looking at his stats he hasn't played a whole lot of hockey the past 2+ seasons, so figure it's going to take some time. We also have a few other prospects that were pushing for a shot in the lineup out of camp, so gives us an early opportunity to do that.

Reactions: banks

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
It was a weak draft to begin with, and the top-10 overall has a few underwhelmers/busts looking back with Patrick, Glass, Andersson, Mittelstadt, and Rasmussen.
It was a lot stronger than this years and you can even say it was better than other recent years. Lots of solid players taken in every round.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
It was a lot stronger than this years and you can even say it was better than other recent years. Lots of solid players taken in every round.
Theres lots of solid players taken in every round every year. To say its a lot stronger than this years is even questionable considering 3 players from this years draft have played a game so far while half of the top-10 in 2017 haven't lived up to hype at all.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Theres lots of solid players taken in every round every year. To say its a lot stronger than this years is even questionable considering 3 players from this years draft have played a game so far while half of the top-10 in 2017 haven't lived up to hype at all.
True and I’m curious how it will end up but there are some solid players. I don’t think it was that weak tbh. I think it’s stronger than 2018 actually

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Glass is such a weird player to me. I don’t like to ever call a prospect a sure thing, but ask anyone that watched him play in the 2019 AHL playoffs after finishing his junior career he was a stud. To go from that player to two years later not making the NHL is a head scratcher. Might just be a classic case of a AAAA player

3 knee injuries can do that to a prospect. He still looks slow as hell.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Glass is such a weird player to me. I don’t like to ever call a prospect a sure thing, but ask anyone that watched him play in the 2019 AHL playoffs after finishing his junior career he was a stud. To go from that player to two years later not making the NHL is a head scratcher. Might just be a classic case of a AAAA player

His confidence has been shot to shit. He went to a sports psychologist in the summer before last season and Vegas kept him on the taxi squad due to cap constraints instead of getting him ice time in Henderson which is in the same Las Vegas valley.

I still support my team but it's like they actively tried to destroy his confidence or were at the very least completely negligent in developing him and made so many stupid decisions. And I'm pretty bitter about it.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Better than this year based on what, exactly? Like zero players have played a game yet from this year’s class

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
His confidence has been shot to shit. He went to a sports psychologist in the summer before last season and Vegas kept him on the taxi squad due to cap constraints instead of getting him ice time in Henderson which is in the same Las Vegas valley.

I still support my team but it's like they actively tried to destroy his confidence or were at the very least completely negligent in developing him and made so many stupid decisions. And I'm pretty bitter about it.
And based on Hynes comments it seems to be one of the reasons he is going down. He will get first line minutes and get a chance to play with some pretty solid prospects and hopefully work out any lingering issues he might have had from past injuries.

If he does nothing in the AHL then you rethink what to do with him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
3 knee injuries can do that to a prospect. He still looks slow as hell.

Come to think of it, I believe it was 4 knee injuries in 2 years. Both knees.

He injured his left knee in Portland, came back, then needed to rehab it because it was bothering him. Then from January-March 2020 he injured his right knee 3 times. That's when he was shut down and got surgery.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
And Glass is the guy that teams wanted the most in trades around then but VGK said hellllll noooooo
yeah, Glass was considered the better prospect, obv because his higher draft position but also in the years following him, i remember some on here calling him not only the best prospect outside the NHL but the best PLAYER outside the NHL bc he was dominating the WHL at 20 years old. Just goes to show..

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
yeah, Glass was considered the better prospect, obv because his higher draft position but also in the years following him, i remember some on here calling him not only the best prospect outside the NHL but the best PLAYER outside the NHL bc he was dominating the WHL at 20 years old. Just goes to show..

Glass was 19 in his last WHL season. He was playing for the Wolves when he turned 20.

He was usually ranked 5-10 in best prospect rankings.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Two games total 36 minutes TOI has 1 shot. Guess he has not been bad but not really nothing to write home about.

Myers had a really rough season in 20-21 after a pretty good one in 19-20. Best thing for him with a new team is just working on keeping it simple and being efficient for the first few months. He does have some impressive physical tools and there is definitely room for growth there. If he can improve his dzone awareness he'll be a really good shutdown D that can chip in offensively.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
I highly highly doubt people were calling Glass the best prospect not in the NHL after the draft

Right after the 2017 draft Pettersson was considered the best prospect not in the NHL by a mile because he was slaughtering a mens league

Then it was Makar after Pettersson entered the NHL

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I highly highly doubt people were calling him the best prospect not in the NHL after the draft

Right after the draft Pettersson was considered the best prospect not in the NHL by a mile because he was slaughtering a mens league

Then it was Makar after Pettersson entered the league

Yeah there was the usual Hughes/Kakko hype, but Makar was a heavy favorite for the Calder going into the 2019-20 season. Don't remember anyone saying he was the best prospect outside the NHL.

The year before that, Tolvanen, Zadina, Mittelstadt got tons of hype.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Glass wasn’t the best prospect outside of the NHL, but was comfortably top 10. 1.6PPG a year after his draft, 1.8PPG two years after his draft with a strong AHL playoffs. When Suzuki was traded it was close, but Glass appeared to be the stronger prospect. Many speculated that Suzuki would end up as a winger. Clearly that ended up being wrong, but seemed like the right call at the time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad