Post-Game Talk: pgt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Trocheck had juice all game. I can’t say that about others in the top 6. Laf seemed to struggle finding his place, looked like he was caught in between, seemed like a rough day in the office. Fun game, Igor was great.
It’s been that way for Laf since like game 2 or 3. We are now at game 6.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I disagree with the fact that the kids can't make a shootout attempt, on a substandard goaltender that they saw in every practice for the past 2 years and NOT put forth a better effort than those two moves.

Those attempts were pathetic.

I do agree the coaching choices made in OT were mind meltingly bad.

Shoving Kreider out over and over again when he should've been benched in the 2nd or 3rd period is particularly criminal.
Take 20 mins off in one of your games and then immediately step out and attempt a quality move on a breakway, I'm actually surprised neither grenaded to puck into the corner.

You don't ice players on the bench and then ask them to go make a skilled play, that is just poor execution by the coaches.

And whether geo is shit on breakaways of not he let 1 out of 4 tonight so I guess our players were pretty shit in their attempts.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I liked Vesey Goodrow Blais.

That puts Kravtsov with Carpenter and Reaves 🤣

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
This was a tight game against the defending champs. It wasn’t perfect. And i am certainly not happy with Gallant’s decisions in OT. But are people really complaining Laf and Kakko had 0 points in a 3-2 SOL? Really? That is serious. Laughable.

More that they have combined zero points in the last 3 games.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
My blood is just boiling at that Georgiev celebration. What an entitled little brat. Lundqvist, the greatest goaltender in the teams history, had to backup that little twerp for 15 out of his last 30 career games or some crap like that. Quinn did that, not Georgiev, yes, but Georgeiv has no reason to wave at the crowd and act like that after a win...in a shootout...in the 7th game of a young season

He should be thankful the Rangers took a chance on him. Shesterkin outplayed him post Hank, plain and simple, and Georgiev was too mentally weak to push through and compete, so he shut down and played like crap because hes entitled and needs to be coddled and told how good he is like a little baby.

Direspected Hank for him, took a chance on him at the start of his career, traded him to the defending Cup champs giving him a chance to be a starter on a contender, and he still pulls that crap post game like we gave him the short end of the stick?

I hope to god we play them in the Cup finals and light him up for a touchdown in Game 7 when it really matters. Would love to see that coward have to shake the teams hand in lineups after pulling that crap.

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Take 20 mins off in one of your games and then immediately step out and attempt a quality move on a breakway, I'm actually surprised neither grenaded to puck into the corner.

You don't ice players on the bench and then ask them to go make a skilled play, that is just poor execution by the coaches.

And whether geo is shit on breakaways of not he let 1 out of 4 tonight so I guess our players were pretty shit in their attempts.
This often goes overlooked. Sitting for extended periods then asking 'why do they look stiff'

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Trocheck was 15-4 on faceoffs tonight. 78.9%. HOW IN THE f*** DO YOU NOT PUT HIM OUT THERE FOR THE PP IN OT?!?!?!? That is wildly negligible by Gallant. Wild. And what happens? Zibanejad loses multiple draws leading to virtually no zone time for a 4-on-3 PP. I am a Gallant guy but that is so so bad.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
We've all seen Georgiev have this kind of game. He has it in him. He also has been known to implode spectacularly.

What really pissed me off is that bullshit Manson pulled on Zib. He absolutely knew he was there, and took Zibanejad's feet out from under him while Zib was in a super vulnerable position. Absolute dirty play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad