Post-Game Talk: pgt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Legit laughed out loud when Erik Johnson dropped Kreider in OT

Dude looked like he had been sniped out of stands, dropped like a sack of dirt

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Good entertaining game fellas. Rangers are my pick out of the east this year. See ya again in December.
giphy (2).gif

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Georgiev got to me one of my most hated Rangers of all time. For that fact, I may as well mention Quinn is my most hated coach. Georgiev has no reason to hate the Rangers, or celebrate like he just won the Cup and wave at the crowd for beating them in a shootout.

DQ gave Georgiev every opportunity and more, disrespecting Lundqvist along the way. Its why I hate Quinn. Georgiev got in an altercation with DeAngelo, getting a guy who just put up 50 points the year before traded because DeAngelo called him out for losing them a game and Georgiev couldn't handle getting treated like a pro and called out for costing team with mistakes. You wanna be a starter? Gotta own the good and the bad that comes with it you little baby.

Georgiev was crap the last 2 seasons, and thats his own doing. Shesterkin was, is and always will be better and proved it with the Vezina last year for any doubters that remained. The Rangers likely could've moved Gerogiec to Buffalo or Arizona, but moved him to Colorado, a favorable place with a shot at becoming starter on the DEFENDING CUP CHAMPS yet the guy celebrates and waves like he has a reason to hate this org.

Keep jumping and waving bud, this is the biggest thing you'll win this year. Judging by how you played for us, when it counts for the Avs, you'll be the reason they lose. Just don't try to get Makar traded when he calls you out for it ... because I guarantee your little crybaby antics won't work again.

F David Quinn and F Georgiev. Hopefully he hasn't torpedoed like he always does and he's still starter when we play them in Cup Finals, cause man I hope we score a terrible Cup winning goal and the scorer points at Georgiev right after.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
This was a tight game against the defending champs. It wasn’t perfect. And i am certainly not happy with Gallant’s decisions in OT. But are people really complaining Laf and Kakko had 0 points in a 3-2 SOL? Really? That is serious. Laughable.
Points? No.
Meaningful contributions? Yeah, it's concerning (as in "concerning within the realms of sports fandom", not real world stuff)

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Fox has been shit idgaf
Fox is miles better than ada. Not even close.

Fox also has been generally overrated bc of his smarts, but his physical limitations are a real thing. I remember the arguments that fox was better and would be a better player than makar, like wtf? Ha.

Fox is still a terrific player that had a Norris season at a horrible time for this team and landed him an inflated contract. He's still our best d man and is a legit top 10 d man in the league. He's not at his best right now but we know it's in him.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Tda being gone is the best thing georgiev gave this franchise. Tda is a jackass and I'm glad he's gone. The emergence of fox would have forced him out of here anyways bc neither trouba not fox was going anywhere.
Coulda traded him for something of value though.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Pretty good effort considering the opponent. It's games like this though where the lack of a top line that can matchup against other elite teams 1st lines really exposes itself. That and speed on the back end.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Feel like no one is even mad if they don’t lose both the Sharks and Jackets game.

The Avalanche are the favorites to win the cup, and the Rangers went toe to toe with them.

This game honestly makes me forget the third period ot of the Sharks game and the Jackets game.

It stinks to lose the skills competition, but it is what it is.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Anyone that complains about laf and kakko in the shootout is an idiot. The coaching decisions were idiotic and freezing those two or anyone else on the bench for 15+ minutes and then sending them out for a shootout attempt is setting that player up to fail.

If those guys can be in your top 4 for shootout attempts they can play a f***ing shift in ot.

Also that pp in ot is EXACTLY why pp2 needs to get more ice time during games so they can actually be prepared to contribute in a situation that pp1 is gassed or just not with it.

Great game by some, exceptionally frustrating by others.

Kreider just terrible tonight.
I disagree with the fact that the kids can't make a shootout attempt, on a substandard goaltender that they saw in every practice for the past 2 years and NOT put forth a better effort than those two moves.

Those attempts were pathetic.

I do agree the coaching choices made in OT were mind meltingly bad.

Shoving Kreider out over and over again when he should've been benched in the 2nd or 3rd period is particularly criminal.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Honestly, who didn't see this coming? You didn't need to be the Amazing Kreskin to foresee Georgie taking it to his old teammates. Karma is a bitch.

Seams like a Ranger thing. Always the old players coming back to bite us excuse. Whether it's an old coach, goalie or forward. Always a good reason to loose the game.

Reactions: ohbaby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad