Player Discussion Peyton Krebs C/LW (acquired from Vegas)

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Give him a last chance to show what he’s got and he either has it or confirms that he’s fine as an extra skater/trade asset

I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes a step forward if only because he does generally have a decent iq when it’s not punctuated by remarkably dumb errors

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Don't go down, Krebsy. Make 'em keep you.

1000001082.jpg

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Give him a last chance to show what he’s got and he either has it or confirms that he’s fine as an extra skater/trade asset

I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes a step forward if only because he does generally have a decent iq when it’s not punctuated by remarkably dumb errors
This is tricky. I 100% think that anyone on last year's roster deserves the benefit of the doubt due to the general regression of almost all the forwards, however, the sabres just do not have the luxury of a slow start. I suspect he starts as a 13th forward, and he may even face waivers if things don't come together quick.

Better to move on from him now IMO.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
There are always injuries. Krebs will play. I don't think he has much trade value right now anyway. We just sold low on Savoie. Would hate to do it again with Krebs. Let's see how camp plays out (and, for that matter, the rest of the off season).
For real. A nice perk of the McLeod pick up is we can take our time with Krebs now. Maybe he shows better than Lafferty in camp who, by some accounts from VAN fans that I've read, regressed as the season played out. This is a good problem to have.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think it is more likely that Krebs is traded than be 13th forward
I dunno. I don't think they trade him just to avoid him being 13th. I doubt he gets traded unless they make another move for a top 6 winger.

It would be a 'favor' to him type of trade because his value right now is "Future Considerations"

C'mon man. He has positive value for sure.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
He'll be this year's version of Jost. He'll see time due to injuries or if someone is underperformed. He won't hurt you but won't necessarily help
Yep. It's another positive data point to show how the forward corps has improved from last year.

This year's Jost is a younger guy with some middleweight snarl and playmaking upside. Krebs isn't a finished product and his urgency to become an NHL regular should keep the bottom of the roster honest.

Unfortunately, it won't be a surprise for injuries to get him 50 games or so.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad