Peterborough Petes 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Aiden Young looks good. I’ve personally felt that he has been one of our best forwards. He’s very consistent and mature with the puck. Big fan of what he’s doing
1730072754117.png

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Tough for Bowen. Be nice to have a reliable backup even if Rye was healthy I’m not sure he’s allowing less than 6 either. Can’t spend the whole third period in your own end it looks like Oshawa has been on a 15 minute powerplay so far
Certainly wasn’t pointing the finger at Bowen. Goal prevention takes six players not one.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
If Young and Fitzgerald keep contributing and you add Bryant and McCallum into the mix we will be looking alright
I agree. I think once Gavin Bryant is added to the lineup we start will to see some wins. Bryant will add additional offence and leadership. In addition when Brayden McCallum is back and is healthy he will be a force offensively. Aiden Young and Colin Fitzgerald are a big part of future and are starting to contribute this season. Nico Addy had one Goal and two assists in three games. So hopefully he will also will be able to provide offence. The defence has started to contribute offensively this weekend with Carson Cameron had two assists tonight and added a goal on Thursday and Martin Matejicek also had to assists tonight. We need Caden Taylor to start contributing on a regular basis. I am not sure what is going to happen in regards to the overages. I am leaning to thinking they will keep Chase Lefebvre and Jonathan Melee. I still think the Petes need to add a veteran defenceman and maybe have to address the goaltending situation. I hope Easton Rye can take a big step forwards this year as I am concerned that Zach Bowen is not capable being your starting goaltender. Masen Johnston is not ready to play in the OHL.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Not sure you can have a turning point in a season after 12 games and you still haven't won a game LOL but the Petes looked a lot better in Brantford on Saturday night compared to Thursday. And then last night vs Oshawa , what the hell we went toe to toe for most of the game with a very good team.

The last two games are first sign of hope and it feels like the coaches are getting though to the kids on how they want them to play. Good on the Petes for competing hard every shift. Lots of positives....what a goal by Parrish last night that kid is a pleasant surprise. I like the look of Ula too ..... Gowan has one shift and levels Barlow. With the injured guys coming back we will get even better.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Last night game against Oshawa was a mirage because the rookie goalie was God-awful. With Oster in net it’s likely a 6-1 or 6-2 cakewalk. Basically every time Peterborough threw a shot on net it was a goal.

After the 2nd period I said that Oshawa can’t allow any more shots if they want to win this game. Sure enough, Peterborough didn’t manage a single shot for the first 17mins of the period.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Last night game against Oshawa was a mirage because the rookie goalie was God-awful. With Oster in net it’s likely a 6-1 or 6-2 cakewalk. Basically every time Peterborough threw a shot on net it was a goal.

After the 2nd period I said that Oshawa can’t allow any more shots if they want to win this game. Sure enough, Peterborough didn’t manage a single shot for the first 17mins of the period.
Typical. Oshawa fan coming in with the goalie excuse.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Typical. Oshawa fan coming in with the goalie excuse.
The defence was just as horrendous from what I seen.
Gravelle is not good enough for the D to play that poorly.
Peterborough also arguably played the best 50 Minute's of their season.

I was wondering if half way through they were going to abort and throw Oster in.

Reactions: Section5Petes

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
I am going to make a bold prediction. The Petes will win another OHL Championship in a few years before Oshawa wins one again.
That is bold. Anyway Donnie740 responds to my post in which I basically say" Hey we're bad but we're getting better" with his own post basically saying: "you guys are bad and not getting better because our goalie sucked in that game". Donnie740 , Petes fans aren't even close to having a parade for you to rain on but thanks for raining on us anyway LOL.

WorkHardEveryShift

Aug 23, 2021
This is good to see. However, I’ve heard the OJHL is the worst it’s ever been talent wise this season… still good for the kids confidence. Hopefully they can bring him back later on in the season and he can contribute. I didn’t mind his game last season at all.

Kind of like the Petes this season. Worst they've ever been talent wise, so the kid should fit in fine. Getting Bryant and McCallum back won't make a difference. Petes could finish with the worst record in OHL history. Embarrassing for a storied franchise.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Kind of like the Petes this season. Worst they've ever been talent wise, so the kid should fit in fine. Getting Bryant and McCallum back won't make a difference. Petes could finish with the worst record in OHL history. Embarrassing for a storied franchise.
Thanks for your insight.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I am going to make a bold prediction. The Petes will win another OHL Championship in a few years before Oshawa wins one again.

i know im taking a break from here...but i cant help this....

the petes are the best team in the ohl, they have the best coach and best manager that the league has ever seen. despite the struggles of 2024 i believe that next year they will once again win an ohl championship and i anticipate that they will be champions from 2025 until 2044. i worry about the draft pick database for 2045 after all those runs, so they may simple win the eastern conference that year, but after that hiccup i have no question that they will win championships from 2046 to 2065. i have trouble projecting out after 2065, but like all of my other amazing predictions, i expect these all to be true and at no point will i be a homer with any of my projections.

signed,

the petes are the best.

back to the cave for me

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
i know im taking a break from here...but i cant help this....

the petes are the best team in the ohl, they have the best coach and best manager that the league has ever seen. despite the struggles of 2024 i believe that next year they will once again win an ohl championship and i anticipate that they will be champions from 2025 until 2044. i worry about the draft pick database for 2045 after all those runs, so they may simple win the eastern conference that year, but after that hiccup i have no question that they will win championships from 2046 to 2065. i have trouble projecting out after 2065, but like all of my other amazing predictions, i expect these all to be true and at no point will i be a homer with any of my projections.

signed,

the petes are the best.

back to the cave for me
Is this your Bat-signal? If we need some scoops come deadline time one #PetesaretheBest and you'll be summoned?

Reactions: frontsfan67

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Is this your Bat-signal? If we need some scoops come deadline time one #PetesaretheBest and you'll be summoned?
nope, powers to be have done things that make me have no interest in posting here. ill be surprised if i bother posting stuff like that on here again.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Not sure I like there chances against Niagara Tuesday so much lol
I do think that when they get their first win it'll be against a good team. Not saying it will be tomorrow night, but who knows.

I wonder about the goalie situation. It seems clear they (management, coaches) don't view Johnston as an OHL goalie. Last year they clearly didn't think Rye was an OHL goalie or they would have used him. How long can Bowen keep going at this pace? Rye will be coming off a long layoff and will be rusty. He's also only played a few games in the OHL. I already feel bad for Rye or Johnston if they get into the lineup and have to face 40+ shots each game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad