Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
not even close to enough
I agree not enough being offered by Ottawa in the aforementioned trade proposal; however, I get a sense that the Pete’s are going to be heavily disappointed with the actual return when the trades do occur.
I don’t foresee many 07’s being moved this year.
A half year of Beck is not worth an elite player plus picks….IMO.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It’s quiet in here….

Saginaw with the big comeback tonight against London. With Sapovaliv, Haight, and Hay down the middle there right now, what are the odds they’d look seriously at Beck? I see them more likely looking on the wings and defence. More depth overall than star power.

I’m wondering if Kitchener is the right team? They have Rehkopf and Sop as well as Mercer. Mercer seems fine on the 3rd line but there may be some room there. May be a tough sell But if Sop moves to #3 and Beck slides into #2?

Sudbury doesn’t seem as likely right now. Three of their top 5 scorers are doing it from the centre position. I think Mayer makes more sense for them at this point.

Sault looks like the most in need of the perceived buyers. They have last year’s top pick as well as this years that are both inconsequential players to their current roster. Both are centres.

Would Guelph trade Bauchesne? That may be a solid option. They could use Beck for sure. They may be the one in most need that may be looking to buy.

This one may be a VERY BIG LONG SHOT but if Ottawa does find a landing spot for Donoso, it opens a second OA spot. Ottawa needs a good right side D-Man and a centre that plays both sides of the puck. Mayer and Dubois are both from Ottawa. What sort of package woudl it honestly take?
McCallum-Delic have been together quite a bit. Musty-Dvorsky-Goyette together the entire time.
The wolves could really use Beck and Mayer imo.

the division is there for the '67s to take, lots of options likely available

Reactions: Section5Petes

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree not enough being offered by Ottawa in the aforementioned trade proposal; however, I get a sense that the Pete’s are going to be heavily disappointed with the actual return when the trades do occur.
Long term, giving up a good '07 will hurt.
but, the last three champions did just that. Three of the four semi-finalists last season gave up their 16 yr old 1st pick

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
i do actually agree with you there. Petes won’t just “take what they can get” but there will come a point they will have to take what they can get if you know what i mean. The pieces the Petes have to offer (maybe aside from Beck to an extent) will not bring back large pick and player hauls so the Petes will have to choose what is more important and i think they will try to split the return to make sure they get some competent OHLers back and take less picks. the market dynamic is going to be very interesting as we head to the deadline.

@OMG67 mentioned the possibility of sellers and buyers and it’s not often that on december 3rd there is still this much market uncertainty. I do think teams will get more active with the Memorial Cup in the O

I will say that an Ottawa trade would actually work out pretty well. most teams are a match with ottawa yes because of their picks but the attractive roster players they have.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Long term, giving up a good '07 will hurt.
but, the last three champions did just that. Three of the four semi-finalists last season gave up their 16 yr old 1st pick
I don’t disagree, but thus far Saginaw is building and retaining young talent. Time will tell if we have a buyer or seller market. A lot of elite teams this year are pick deprived so yes you may see teams like Kitchener and the Soo offer up their #1 07 pick in any big trade.
At this moment I’m feel the Soo will be buyer’s whereas the Rangers are teetering on the top of the fence and could go either way.
Missy can afford to be patient. Ottawa also could go either way. NorthBay could surprise and add.
Time will tell but I don’t think there will be as many buyers this deadline.
IMO

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I think the Petes will end up with Aiden Young and Lincoln Moore from Saginaw for Owen Beck.

Other teams down playing the impact Beck will make to there teams is hilarious. Elite two way centre with OHL champion, world junior and NHL experience. He is scoring on a nightly basis with absolutely zero help. Kid is a stud.

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
I think the Petes will end up with Aiden Young and Lincoln Moore from Saginaw for Owen Beck.

Other teams down playing the impact Beck will make to there teams is hilarious. Elite two way centre with OHL champion, world junior and NHL experience. He is scoring on a nightly basis with absolutely zero help. Kid is a stud.
As a Steelheads fan, I would gladly take Beck back and return what you paid for him maybe less one 2nd round pick. Although it will be difficult to return DeZoete now 😂

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I don’t disagree, but thus far Saginaw is building and retaining young talent. Time will tell if we have a buyer or seller market. A lot of elite teams this year are pick deprived so yes you may see teams like Kitchener and the Soo offer up their #1 07 pick in any big trade.
At this moment I’m feel the Soo will be buyer’s whereas the Rangers are teetering on the top of the fence and could go either way.
Missy can afford to be patient. Ottawa also could go either way. NorthBay could surprise and add.
Time will tell but I don’t think there will be as many buyers this deadline.
IMO
There really aren't buyers markets in the OHL imo, as prices are generally near the precedent. The market for big OA left shot is completely saturated to the point there really is no market.
It is more likely buyers will determine what sellers actually make available.

Saginaw has already parted with '05 born 1st & 2nd and '06-2nd I believe.
The Soo giving up their lottery pick would be a shock.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
What about Ewles, Kelly, 2nd, 4th for Mayer and Dubois

I think Petes would push for Brady over Ewles but this seems reasonable.

Kelly needs a change of scenery. For whatever reason, he just can’t find a spot on Ottawa. The kid has fire in his belly and a good shot. I think if Ottawa trades him interdivision, he comes back to haunt them over, and over, and over, and over…..

Last edited:

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022

23 Jonathan Melee​
26 Jax Dubois​
29 Braydon McCallum​
12 Sam McCue​
20 Tommy Purdeller​
18 Lincoln Moore​
16 Aiden Young​
7 Chase Lefebvre​
21 Ryder McIntyre​
14 Quinton Pagé​
11 Brody Partridge​
28 Brennan Faulkner​

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
congrats to Ryder McIntyre on his first point as a Pete! (primary assist to Jax Dubois) and just as @Petes and I said the day we traded for McIntyre, a Melee-Dubois-McIntyre line would be very effective and today their first shift together they score

Reactions: Zebra

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
what a joke. tear it down

Last weekend I said to chalk it up to a bad weekend. Happens. Now after two bad weekends in a row? Five losses in the last six games. Two agaisnt the 67’s next weekend. I think that home and home series will settle the argument on sell or buy if there is still one out there.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Last weekend I said to chalk it up to a bad weekend. Happens. Now after two bad weekends in a row? Five losses in the last six games. Two agaisnt the 67’s next weekend. I think that home and home series will settle the argument on sell or buy if there is still one out there.
If anyone is still arguing that this team should buy then I don't know what to tell you...

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If anyone is still arguing that this team should buy then I don't know what to tell you...

My position has not changed. Zero reason for the Petes to buy. 100% should sell. But, I think if they were to steamroll Ottawa next weekend and then follow that up with another solid weekend following, it may be tough to make a decision.

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
My position has not changed. Zero reason for the Petes to buy. 100% should sell. But, I think if they were to steamroll Ottawa next weekend and then follow that up with another solid weekend following, it may be tough to make a decision.
I know where you and I both stand, I was just using 'you' as an indicator of other people. The way they are playing, no reason to expect them to dominate a weekend against Brantford and Ottawa x2

Reactions: frontsfan67

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I know where you and I both stand, I was just using 'you' as an indicator of other people. The way they are playing, no reason to expect them to dominate a weekend against Brantford and Ottawa x2

Stranger things have happened. The flu could be going through the room. Bad luck. A few bad bounces etc. Sometimes things have a way of turning around so I wouldn’t’ count them out from a bounce back weekend. I think Beck will likely be gone though.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
There never was

Reactions: StormWatcher

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Home and home serious won't settle the argument. The decision was made a long time ago. The only doubt has come from a few media people and from this thread. The Petes management despite what they may say have have been convinced on selling since training camp. As tough as it is to see Beck and a few other kids go they have to look to the future. I have to say one more thing and I hate to be critical of teenagers but Beck deserved better linemates while he was here. I am a huge Coach Wilson fan but if Beck had McCue and Mccallum as linemates I believe a lot of points would have been put up.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
i do actually agree with you there. Petes won’t just “take what they can get” but there will come a point they will have to take what they can get if you know what i mean. The pieces the Petes have to offer (maybe aside from Beck to an extent) will not bring back large pick and player hauls so the Petes will have to choose what is more important and i think they will try to split the return to make sure they get some competent OHLers back and take less picks. the market dynamic is going to be very interesting as we head to the deadline.

@OMG67 mentioned the possibility of sellers and buyers and it’s not often that on december 3rd there is still this much market uncertainty. I do think teams will get more active with the Memorial Cup in the O

I will say that an Ottawa trade would actually work out pretty well. most teams are a match with ottawa yes because of their picks but the attractive roster players they have.
The standings are too close a lot of teams don’t know whether to buy or sell. The stretch here before Christmas should help decide who is in and who is out

Reactions: East Avenue Bully
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad