Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Taylor has a lot of talent and an unreal shot, but he’s too lazy off the puck. So many times they got caught three deep and left the D hung out to dry. Kingston had too many 3 on 2’s and 4 on 2’s, attacking the zone with speed and the D couldn’t keep a tight gap with no forward back pressure.
Agreed but also the coaching staff needs to know that and put him in a better position to succeed. Looks like tonight it's:

Melee - McCallum - Addy
Taylor - Lefebvre - Page
Young - Fitzgerald - Faulkner
- Partridge - McIntyre

with 7 D dressing. Interesting that Partirdge and Marentette are in for Levac and Parish but Cadorin is still a scratch. Wonder if there is some other issue or injury, it doesn't make a ton of sense otherwise.

Reactions: Section5Petes

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Off topic to the game but I think last night was the worst the concessions have ever been. I get that it was the first game but the staff didn't seem to have any idea what was on the new menu. I constantly saw people ordering food and the staff either not knowing how to punch it in or not knowing it even existed.

And for the returning food - they were constantly running out of pizza - at one point it was going to be 10 minutes til more arrived - and hot dogs and sausages as well. The craft beer corner was missing a lot of the... craft beer. They had to know it was a sell out. Most of the usual staff was missing as well, at least on the east side. It was still lined up to the back doors on that side as the 2nd period started.

The people sitting beside me resorted to using the new app to order for pickup - which then meant they had to leave like 7 minutes into the period to go pick up their food.
It was bizarre! I was there by about 6:40 and no concessions had pizza, and a couple were out of hot dogs. It's game 1! Wouldn't they be prepared?

Reactions: NorthernVoice

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Tough start for this young Petes squad for sure. The goal of this organization should be to finish 4th-6th in the conference…..NEXT YEAR, win a round in the playoffs and finish 1st/2nd in the conference in 26-27.
The results don’t matter as much this year as the progress of the players who will be on the team in 2026-2027.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I do like that they face NB again back at home on Thursday. There will be video to watch, specific things to focus on in practice and discussions about discipline. I’m interested to see how the Petes respond.

More importantly, will the concessions bounce back this Thursday?
Hopefully they have some video of the long lines of people shaking their heads that they can study and be better prepared this week 😬

IMO, it’s crucial that the concessions get it right; keeping the fans drinking and well-fed in a timely matter…..especially because it will be tough for fans to stomach what they are seeing on the ice some nights.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
I do like that they face NB again back at home on Thursday. There will be video to watch, specific things to focus on in practice and discussions about discipline. I’m interested to see how the Petes respond.

More importantly, will the concessions bounce back this Thursday?
Hopefully they have some video of the long lines of people shaking their heads that they can study and be better prepared this week 😬

IMO, it’s crucial that the concessions get it right; keeping the fans drinking and well-fed in a timely matter…..especially because it will be tough for fans to stomach what they are seeing on the ice some nights.
I am certainly not blaming goaltending for the two losses but what is the status of Stuska? injured? demanding a trade? illness or what?

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I am certainly not blaming goaltending for the two losses but what is the status of Stuska? injured? demanding a trade? illness or what?
Doubtful he’s demanding a trade. It’s either injured or just too many OA’s. I’m gonna lean injured though because I think he would of started last night if he was healthy

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
By the sounds of it, all the Sztuska stuff just has to do with the OA numbers as the Petes are still trying to work out a deal for him. Really seems to just be a waiting game as some other teams figure out if their internal options are better or not

Reactions: frontsfan67

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Tough start for this young Petes squad for sure. The goal of this organization should be to finish 4th-6th in the conference…..NEXT YEAR, win a round in the playoffs and finish 1st/2nd in the conference in 26-27.
The results don’t matter as much this year as the progress of the players who will be on the team in 2026-2027.
There’s no way they finish 4th-6th. Not to sound too negative but I’d be shocked if they were a playoff team. They are too young and the east is way too strong.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
There’s no way they finish 4th-6th. Not to sound too negative but I’d be shocked if they were a playoff team. They are too young and the east is way too strong.
I agree, they will not be a playoff team this year IMO, but I was talking about NEXT YEAR (see my earlier post below)

"Tough start for this young Petes squad for sure. The goal of this organization should be to finish 4th-6th in the conference…..NEXT YEAR, win a round in the playoffs and then finish 1st/2nd in the conference in 26-27."

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I expect 8th-10th with that 8th spot going to either the Pete’s or Niagara

Gotta remember they’re a young team and don’t have much fire power right now. As the season goes on they’ll get better and better as younger players and teams do I’m sure and that second half of the season they should be playing a lot better against the other lower teams and the bottom half of the west but still won’t compete with the top 5/6 of the eastern conference

Another factor is teams like north bay still haven’t sold their players- same with Ottawa. Once these teams get rid of names like OVS, Romani, potentially Ride, Pinelli, mayich, stonehouse, potentially Mackenzie and mews they’ll be a lot more even with Peterborough who in all likelyhood won’t sell off too many players

Reactions: Section5Petes

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
They likely will not be a 4th-6th team this year but next year they should be within that range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad