Peter Chiarelli End Of Season Press Conference?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
How long was his contract 3 years ago? Can't imagine it was more than 5 years. If something's happening it's likely Peter gets kicked upstairs while they "hire" a new GM.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
TBH- I see the writing on the wall for Chiarelli when even Stauffer is getting on him. Stauffer has been hard on him for a few weeks on. To hear Edmonton MSM question a GM is incredibly rare as that could threaten their monopoly on insider access. Usually they only do this once a GM is fired or removed, so to see if happen pre firing is amazing.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Bob's message really has me worried that they have already replaced Chiarelli. Meaning Gretzky or Coffey. I'll be livid.

Just once. Just one time, can this franchise please do a series of interviews for the position!!??

There are so many capable choices out there from strong organizations who are drooling over this opportunity! Just once! One time, try the traditional route!

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I don’t think anyone could put a positive spin on that.

If any of Gretzky, Messier, Lowe, Mactavish, Coffey have any control over player decisions come Sept I might check out of this gong show for good...
We have people in this thread today that thought the Mactavish hiring for GM was the greatest thing this team could have done. Somebody will love the move.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Coffey has always struck me as quite intelligent unlike Mac T.

That said I think they obviously should interview multiple people if they are going down this path. Which I still doubt.

They will let Chia bumble around for another year, not sure why Bob would end the show with that kind of statement.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Bob's message really has me worried that they have already replaced Chiarelli. Meaning Gretzky or Coffey. I'll be livid.

Just once. Just one time, can this franchise please do a series of interviews for the position!!??

There are so many capable choices out there from strong organizations who are drooling over this opportunity! Just once! One time, try the traditional route!

But we got so many qualified former players in house!

banjoboy.gif

Oilers gonna Oil.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’d normally be happy to hear this news, but I’m more worried about who they’re going to hire to replace him.

Anyone want to list odds?

Messier
Gretzky
MacT
Lowe
Someone outside the organization

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

That said I think they obviously should interview multiple people if they are going down this path. Which I still doubt.

They will let Chia bumble around for another year, not sure why Bob would end the show with that kind of statement.
Coffey is even less qualified than MacT when he was hired
and that was a disaster

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I’d normally be happy to hear this news, but I’m more worried about who they’re going to hire to replace him.

Messier
Gretzky
MacT
Lowe

Keith Gretzky being given interim GM role would be the odds on favorite, and that would be the proper move until you find a proper fit as full time GM. The assistant GM taking over in an interim role when the past GM has been fired is generally the standard way of doing stuff.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Chiarelli is for sure worse than Lowe, and probably on a net level more damaging than Mac T, so I don't really see what we have to lose.

Guy is the worst GM in our franchise history.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Keith Gretzky being given interim GM role would be the odds on favorite, and that would be the proper move until you find a proper fit as full time GM. The assistant GM taking over in an interim role when the past GM has been fired is generally the standard way of doing stuff.

The Oilers always make the proper move. ;)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I literally would rather have Connor McDavid be GM than Chiarelli at this point. Not even lying. If that was an option, I'd choose it.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Messier
Gretzky
MacT
Lowe

IF, (big if) Chiarelli goes upstairs I think you’re looking at Keith Gretzky...not an OBC but is the brother of one and that should appease Katz.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Chiarelli is for sure worse than Lowe, and probably on a net level more damaging than Mac T, so I don't really see what we have to lose.

Guy is the worst GM in our franchise history.

Lowe was quite good until he lost his mind after Pronger demanded a trade.

People forget he had to rebuild from the scorched Earth that post-dynasty Sather left us with.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
On the 31 Thoughts podcast (March 8) Friedman said he's been told Coffey has no desire to be a GM.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
On the 31 Thoughts podcast in March, Friedman said he's been told Coffey has no desire to be a GM.

Yeah guys like Wayne, Paul, and Mark don't have a desire here to be GM. They have comfortable lives and have no intention of destroying the sterling reputation they enjoy in Edmonton. They all see what happened to Lowe and Mac T. If LA or New York offered Wayne or Mess the GM gig, that they would consider, but not Edmonton.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don’t think anyone could put a positive spin on that.

If any of Gretzky, Messier, Lowe, Mactavish, Coffey have any control over player decisions come Sept I might check out of this gong show for good...

Several of those guys are likely better GMs than Chiarelli, which is sad. Lowe is for sure, Gretzky and Coffey are probably more competent than Lowe.

It's already beginning.

Reactions: Aerrol

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Lowe was quite good until he lost his mind after Pronger demanded a trade.

People forget he had to rebuild from the scorched Earth that post-dynasty Sather left us with.

He made some good moves but his ego got in the way of others...remember Comrie for Perry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad