Peter Chiarelli End Of Season Press Conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Maybe Chiarelli is resigning. I don’t think that’s out of the realm of possibility. He insisted on the POHO title when he was hired because he wanted full control and it was given to him. I said, after he was hired and we found out Lowe and company were staying, that we’d know for certain that he didn’t have that full control if he left early.

I know many here want him fired and I understand it. Unless they’re firing both Chiarelli and Mclellan together, his dismissal doesn’t make much sense to me. Coaches go first, that’s just the way it works. Not only that but Mclellan hasn’t proven to be so worthy of his job that he survives Chiarelli.

Chiarelli’s silence this week does seem odd to me so maybe something is up. Don’t rule out the idea of him just leaving or he and the team announcing they’ve decided to part ways.

I was thinking this as well, but if Chia steps down/is sacked, McLellan likely isn't long for the team either.

It's almost guaranteed the new guy is going to want to bring in his own guy as coach (unless they just give the GM spot to someone already in the organization like Gretzky).

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I swear to Gord if we are getting a new GM and we don’t conduct a thorough search and interview process of the best available candidates and just hire some ex-Oiler from the 80’s I will pull my hair out and light a bonfire of Oiler merchandise.

Chia to POHO, Keith Gretzky interim GM, and hire someone ****ing qualified.

Wayne Gretzky as GM :o or maybe the return of the Kevin

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Wayne and Mark are too smart to take the GM job even if offered. They enjoy being treated like walking gods in the city and that could be tarnished if they did a bad job so they wouldn't take the job here. LA or NY though that would be a different story probably.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
The stupidest story of all time was Mactavish was going to be named GM. I would have bet money on him returning as coach but they one upped me. Hard to think of anything more ridiculous than that. Paul Coffey being hired as an assistant is stupid but it doesn’t move the needle on the dumb things this organization can do. Maybe they’ll surprise us again.

Paul Coffey named Assistant Coach AND GM. Boom.

Reactions: Digger12

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Maybe Chiarelli is resigning. I don’t think that’s out of the realm of possibility. He insisted on the POHO title when he was hired because he wanted full control and it was given to him. I said, after he was hired and we found out Lowe and company were staying, that we’d know for certain that he didn’t have that full control if he left early.

I know many here want him fired and I understand it. Unless they’re firing both Chiarelli and Mclellan together, his dismissal doesn’t make much sense to me. Coaches go first, that’s just the way it works. Not only that but Mclellan hasn’t proven to be so worthy of his job that he survives Chiarelli.

Chiarelli’s silence this week does seem odd to me so maybe something is up. Don’t rule out the idea of him just leaving or he and the team announcing they’ve decided to part ways.
Punk comes in, guts the organization of most of its biggest assets for pennies, then walks out free. I hope he doesn't quit but gets fired and then gets publically humiliated in this city.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Wayne and Mark are too smart to take the GM job even if offered. They enjoy being treated like walking gods in the city and that could be tarnished if they did a bad job so they wouldn't take the job here. LA or NY though that would be a different story probably.
I agree they don’t take the job.

What I think they like is being able to influence decisions behind the scenes without having to be accountable for them. That’s what makes Keith Gretzky the favourite to take over.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Punk comes in, guts the organization of most of its biggest assets for pennies, then walks out free. I hope he doesn't quit but gets fired and then gets publically humiliated in this city.

Meh whatever. I just want him gone. He's been humiliated enough by the fans and out-of-town media already.

Also more generally I hope that this 'puff of smoke' stuff actually amounts to something. It'd be a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: Consultant

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Chiarelli resigning doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibility. I’d actually gain some respect for him if he fell on his sword.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Chiarelli resigning doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibility. I’d actually gain some respect for him if he fell on his sword.

Honestly its hard to know. I know we all crap on the guy but it could of been ownership who wanted Hall and Eberle gone. Maybe ownership hasnt given him complete control. No point speculating until something comes out though.

The eerily silence combined with Stauffers comment does make me think that somethings going to happen though.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Hes backed himself into a corner. Only way out is to quit. What's next if he stays RNH ? No thank you. I hope the puff of smoke is good news.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Honestly its hard to know. I know we all crap on the guy but it could of been ownership who wanted Hall and Eberle gone. Maybe ownership hasnt given him complete control. No point speculating until something comes out though.

The eerily silence combined with Stauffers comment does make me think that somethings going to happen though.
Katz loved Hall. Nothing to see there. Chiarelli just doing Chiarelli things.

Reactions: Consultant

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Would still be a big FU, considering he traded our scoring wingers for help, and we're still in need of help + contract extensions and signings issues from his Lucic and Russell deal. But hey, at least I'll be a bit more relieved knowing he can't trade RNH or our first round pick for crap.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Good God, you’re wrong about everything.

Except that he's actually right in this case. First anchovies on pizza were all the craze and now pineapple? Yuck, what's wrong with people?
Of course it's all boils down to a matter of preference but seriously, pineapple on pizza? Gross

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I doubt Chiarelli would willingly resign. If he resigns, he is done in the NHL, the stigma of the Hall/Seguin/Reinhart deals is too heavy of a stink to shake, he wouldn't be able to get a job elsewhere.

His best bet from his POV is to pray you can ride this out and McDavid + Talbot bails you out next year.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Anything is better than what we have right now where it's just straight up massive damage being done to the franchise each consecutive summer.

At this point we need to stop the bleeding first.

I disagree. Tambo V2.0 is the worst possible "solution".

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Hes backed himself into a corner. Only way out is to quit. What's next if he stays RNH ? No thank you. I hope the puff of smoke is good news.

I can see him taking a token position like POHO and waiting out the clock on his contract (2 more years?)

That way he times being jobless with the Seattle team joining the league.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
I didn't even mention Tide Pod pizza....
hqdefault.jpg

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Except that he's actually right in this case. First anchovies on pizza were all the craze and now pineapple? Yuck, what's wrong with people?
Of course it's all boils down to a matter of preference but seriously, pineapple on pizza? Gross
Sigh... and I used to hold you in such high regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad